Discuss about the MIS for Social and Technological Foundations of Cooperative Work.
MIS refers to Management Information System. It is basically concerned with the use of people, technology and business processes in order to record, store and process the data to deliver valuable information that can be helpful in decision making for the people of higher authorities who are responsible to make decisions. There are several kind of information and some decisions depending upon them so it is important to get the accurate information and focus on right direction. Management Information system is a whole bundle of hardware, systems, procedures and the people involved in it. They all work together to achieve a common goal and produce the information that is valuable for the organization. The importance of Management information system-
- Decision making- Management information system helps in decision making as it provides valuable information.
- Communication- All the employees of an organization can easily get any information required by them for day to day operations. It helps in communicating with customers and suppliers as well by using SMS and E- Mail services.
- Record Keeping- Management Information system helps in maintain all the records of an organization and gives a reference point of each transaction.
- Integration- It helps in the integration of all the departments and information within an organization.
- Planning- Every organization creates different kind of plan for future goals and growth. MIS helps in making plans by providing information like sales, production, capital and stock.
- Efficiency- MIS helps in increasing the efficiency as everyone have access to any kind of information they want in a short time period with accuracy.
- Accuracy- It is a computerized system so there are more chances of accurate information and results.
The scenario of the business world has been totally changed with the introduction of computers. Business is running in a smoother way by using computer system as well as different software’s. For every task and department like human resources, finance, security and manufacturing, information technology plays an important role in business. They purchase several software and hardware to get their jobs done. Most of the big business houses have their own IT teams that help in developing customized software for them. Information Technology helps in keeping the supply and demand managed and fulfills the requirement of the customers. There are many initiatives taken by different organizations to allow consumer a happy and relaxing shopping experience.
Information technology has also contributed in the educational areas and education is reaching to the students is so many ways. Most of the schools have started online classes that can help students to take the most of the benefit from it. Teachers can now prepare easy and attractive notes to make the students learn things in an easy way. Information Technology has also created so many changes in Healthcare industry. The medical information of patients has been saved digitally so that it becomes easy to access. It also helps in lowering the time of doctors; they spend on patients as well as their paperwork has been reduced. Various new scanning devices have been introduced that help in a clear scanning and give detailed clear images of the body.
Braglia, Marcello, and Marco Frosolini. "An integrated approach to implement project management information systems within the extended enterprise." International Journal of Project Management vol. 32, no. 1 (2014): 18-29.
Eason, Kenneth D. Information technology and organisational change. CRC Press, 2014.
Laudon, Kenneth C., and Jane P. Laudon. Management information system. Pearson Education India, 2016.
Galegher, Jolene, Robert E. Kraut, and Carmen Egido, eds. Intellectual teamwork: Social and technological foundations of cooperative work. Psychology Press, 2014.