The objective of the given report is to provide assistance in relation to the employee profiling based on the sample data that has been provided by the HR department. The various aspects about the employees have been estimated for all the employees based on the sample data of 450 employees. The sample data contains information about various aspects related to an employee such as demographics, amount of hours worked in a period, gross salary, performance ratings, promotions, role and other aspects.
The various questions raised in the memo with regards to employees at Cuteen have been answered based on the results obtained from statistical analysis.
- It can be estimated with 95% confidence that the average hours worked for all the employees at Cuteen would lie between 44.36 hours and 46.18 hours. Also, it may be estimated with 95% confidence that the proportion of all Cuteen employees who are very likely to continue with their respective jobs would lie between 14.25% and 21.31%.
- The average number of hours per week that employees work is 48 hours. The given sample data provides support to the claim of the senior management that employees at Cuteen have to work for less than 48 hours or lesser than the industry average.
- The claim by the senior management regarding proportion of all employees likely to stay at more than 40% is not correct as the given sample data does not support the same.
- It can be estimated with 95% confidence that the average hours worked for all the male employees at Cuteen would lie between 46.46 hours and 49.16 hours. Further, it can also be estimated with 95% confidence that the average hours worked for all the female employees at Cuteen would lie between 40.88 hours and 42.71 hours. As the two estimates do not overlap, it would be correct to conclude that the average number of hours worked across the two genders show significant difference.
- The minimum sample size required in order to estimate the mean hours worked for all employees with a margin of error of 2 hours is 1729. Further, the minimum sample size requirement to estimate the proportion of all Cuteen employees who are very likely to stay with a margin of error of 5% is also 1729.
- There is a weak positive relationship between the years of full time employment and salary. The regression model has also been estimated for the same whose equation is given below.
Y (Salary $000’s) = 21.238 + 0.4156X (Years of Full Time Employment at Cuteen)
The slope coefficient is 0.4156 which indicates that as the full time employment years increase by 1 year, it would be expected that the average annual salary of the employees would increase by $415.6. Also, the intercept value of 21.238 implies that a fresher at Cuteen would have an average estimated annual salary of $ 21,238.
Also, salary ($000’s) = 21.238 + 0.4156*39 = 37.445
It can be concluded that the given data provides support to the management claim that the employees at Cuteen tend to have work hours which are less than industry average. However, the other claim regarding employees likely to stay exceeding 40% has not been found true. Also, the difference between the average weekly work hours between males and females is found to be significant. Besides, the minimum sample size for both the requirements of the company is expected to be 1729. Additionally, the association between full time employment years and annual salary is positive but weak. Besides, a new employee at the company can expect to draw a gross annual salary of $ 37,445.