Marketing consists of the marketing mix strategies that organisations develop to transfer value, through exchange, to their consumer is a process that conveys shared meaning between individuals, or between organisations and individuals Marketing Communication- represents all the elements of the marketing mix that facilitate exchanges by targeting the brand to a group of customers
The coordination of orms of traditional marketing mix with online marketing and social media combined with the other aspects of a brand’s marketing mix (product, price, place) so that elements speak with one voice”
Key Features of IMC:
1. Profile the identified target market
2. Use the relevant media channels
3. Achieve communication synergy
4. Influence the target’s market behaviour
5. Build customer relationships
• Communication decisions reflect the brand’s goals.
• Some goals include introduction, building and defending a brand developing awareness, recall and intention to buy the brand.
• Communications decisions should remain cost-effective
A brand’s position is directly related to the target segment.The position represents the brand’s meaning and shows off its uniqueness.Targeting offers a cost-effective approach to communications.Positioning and targeting encompass demographics, values and lifestyles.
IMC is a communication process involving the planning, creation, integration and implementation of diverse forms of marketing communications that are delivered over time to a brand’s targeted customers and prospects.