Your manager and a research assistant, in conjunction with the client, has started to develop the market research project but has now asked you to take control of the day-to-day implementation and leadership of the project. The first task you must complete is a report for the client that addresses the following questions:
Critically evaluate the draft questionnaire developed for Phase 1 of the research (pages 5-12). Specifically, evaluate the:
- survey length;
- survey layout;
- use of screening questions;
- use of skip questions; and
- how well the survey meets the needs of the research objectives of this phase of the research.
What data collection method would you recommend for this survey? What are the advantages and disadvantages of using your recommended method?
Considering the specification of the research sample given in the research brief (page 4), make a recommendation on the type of sampling method that should be used in this research. What are the advantages and disadvantages of using this method?
Explain how you will analyse and report the data collected from the questionnaire. In your discussion explain three inferential statistical tests would be appropriate to address research objectives 1 and 2.
Make a recommendation on what research approach could be used in Phase 2 of the research project. Specifically, you should discuss and justify, using marketing research theory, an appropriate:
- data collection method, and
- sampling plan. Explain how your recommendation would:
- address the research objectives of Phase 2,
- complement the questionnaire in Phase 1.
Develop a data collection instrument to be used for Phase 2 of the research based on your recommended data collection method and sample from QUESTION 5. In your response discuss:
- the design of the data collection instrument, focusing on the structure and layout;
- questioning techniques used;
- how your data collection instrument will achieve the research questions of Phase 2 of theresearch.