Students will be asked to read a case study (access to which students can get through the Assignment Resources via CloudDeakin) and assume the role of Director of Ticketing Operations, taking on the responsibilities that this role entails. Students will have to complete the following listed below.
1. Provide a detailed summary of the core challenges/issues that Derrick is facing in implementing self-managed teams at Western Field University. Try to present this information in a clear, concise manner (consider also using a table or diagram). Be sure to discuss and support your assessment in the context of relevant management and sport management theory. Do not just list the issues!
2. Once all issues have been identified, select the top three priorities you believe need to be addressed by Derrick in order for organizational performance to be improved. After you have chosen these priorities and justified why they are the chosen issues, address the following points:
Establish objectives/goals(short, medium, and long term) to overcome the issues.
Devise a series of basic, logical plans to be implemented in an effort to achieve the objectives devised.
Outline the resources(e.g., human, financial, information or technology)required to implement these plans and achieve the objectives.
3. Reflecting on what you learned in assessment one with respect to your personality and power style, consider the following:
• How would your style impact on managing self-managed teams in the organization
• What managerial actions would arise to ensure the desired goals are achieved
• Given your personality attributes, what motivation strategies would be most valuable to ensure goals are achieved and a self-managed team is effective
• Outline relevant control measures you will put in place to ensure that the objectives are achieved.
• Explain what would be the greatest people management challenges in the future for the Ticketing Department at Western Field University.