a. Analyse and discuss the significance of internetworking for contemporary organisations.
b. Explain the role of internetworking to support business and technical goals through planning and design.
c. Develop architectural internetworking design for the business, information, technology, and application domains
Objective of the Project
Australian Crown Entertainment complex infrastructure decided to create the new network design to provide effective network infrastructure. The Proposed network infrastructure uses the unified communication.The Existing network has the unified communications problems. To resolve the unified communication problems for creating the network design. It provides the effective business processes. The network design is done by using the Netsim simulator. The proposed network infrastructure designed by using the Netsim. Hardware requirements of the proposed network design are discussed. The network design benefits, limitations and outcomes can be analyse.
The Crown entertainment complex has the challenges. These are listed below
- Differentiation of the guest experience is found to be the difficult task. But the new network infrastructure easily differentiate the guest experience by using the unified communications.
- Its interest is to provide the effective streamline processes .
Network Design Requirements
The Network design components are listed below.
- Operating System - Windows
- Hard Drive - 2GB
- Memory - 2GB RAM
- Router - Cisco 3845 Integrated Services Routers
- Switch - Cisco Catalyst 6500 and 3750 Series Switches
- Server - DNS
Proposed Network Infrastructure
To create the network infrastructure, first open the Netsim simulator.
In Netsim simulator, open the new topology by using the below options.
Finally, add the IP phone by select the 7961 IP phone and connection the all the devices.
The above screenshots shows the crown entertainment complex network design. The Proposed network design is used to provide the best guest experience. The design provides the effective network. The design uses the unified communications for differentiating the contact centers and guest rooms. It creates the unique in-room experience. The cost of creating the proposed network design is reduced by using the cisco network devices. It also provides the end to end IP solutions. The design network combines the data and voice on the single network. It provides the high quality contact center experience. The design increases the customer satisfactions. It easily evaluates the unified solutions .
Proposed Network Infrastructure Benefits
The Crown entertainment complex create the network design to resolving the existing network issues. The proposed network design has the several benefits and these are listed below.
- The Network design use the unified communications to easily differentiate the contact centers and guest rooms.
- The design provides the effective network.
- It gives the high efficiency, scalability for the network infrastructure.
- The proposed network design provides the effective streamline processes.
- It easily integrates the unified communications with applications.
- The design enables the easy request services for the guest.
- The proposed design creates the unique in-room experience.
- It enhances the contact center experience.
- It simplifies the IT infrastructure.
- The design uses the IP phones for business applications.
- It easily combines the voice and data on the single network.
Proposed Network Infrastructure Outcomes
The network infrastructure outcomes are listed below.
- The Network design uses the lot of cables to connect the devices and it gives the high cost.
- Installation and configuration of the cables is difficult.
- It is Hard to simplify the IT infrastructure.
- Deployment of the network is difficult.
- More expensive to maintain the network .
Proposed Network Infrastructure Limitations
The Limitations are listed below.
- The Proposed network design must be using the cisco products to reduce the costs.
- The design must simplify the IT infrastructure.
- It should create the effective streamline processes.
- It must integrate the unified communications to differentiate the guest rooms and contact centers.
- The proposed design must replace the private branch exchange system with the unified communications.
- It should enable the guests for accessing the IP phone services to view the flight informations, weather, restaurant options and more.
The Crown entertainment complex create the network infrastructure to provide the effective hotel processes. It improves the guest and contact centers experience. The network design is done by using the Netsim simulator and it is discussed in detail. It provides the unified communications for guest and contact centers. The proposed design replaces the private branch exchange system with unified communications. The proposed network design benefits, limitations and outcomes are discussed in details.
NETworking. [Hong Kong]: Regional NET Coordinating Team, NET Section, CDI, EDB, 2013.
"Network Design & Implementation | Network Planning | Systems Engineering", Systems Engineering, 2017. [Online]. Available: https://www.syseng.com/it-consulting-services/network-design-implementation/. [Accessed: 26- Aug- 2017].
S. Ryu, "More Networking? Or Successful Networking? Exploring a Better Networking Measure", SSRN Electronic Journal, 2010.