You are required to write a brief case history of your chosen venue, and this should be considered as a prelude to Assessment 2. The case history should include;
- A description of the venue, its location, size and purpose.
- A history of the site, including any refurbishments or improvements. Providing values for these will add context and value.
- Current operating condition and maintenance schedule of the venue.
- A floor plan for the relevant Venue Condition Assessment
Create a blank Venue Condition Assessment form, using the Microsoft Excel spreadsheet provided.
A VCA form is a record that allows the assessed condition of a venue to be measured. Its format is open to interpretation, however, a standard format may include;
- A table or spreadsheet in landscape format.
- A vertical menu on the left hand side that covers critical components of the venue. Section headings may include, for example, structure, fixtures and fittings, equipment, services. Details of each section should then be listed.
- A horizontal menu across the top will list how the venue will be assessed / evaluated and must include at least one theoretical framework.