- NGOs can create dispensaries in rural areas to attract doctors.
- Communities can organise health care programs to bring doctors to areas suffering from lack of doctors.
- Making the youth aware of the medical profession and its benefits.
- Encouraging youth to take up medical profession.
Disparity in Health care system
- The inequality in health care is a major issue in the modern world.
- Resulting in different health parameter index in different groups.
- The difference is made in terms of gender, sexual orientation, disability and most importantly, race and ethnicity (Baciu, Negussie & Geller, 2018).
Risk and protective factors of Health Disparity
Solving Health Disparity in the Medical Scenario
- Building more state of the art government facilities
- Free medical treatment to everyone
- Providing healthcare to every citizen, irrespective of class and caste
Community’s role in removing Health Disparity
- Community plays the most important role in removing health disparity
- Promoting awareness among people about the ills of discrimination can deal with health disparity issues.
- Silent protests and honest opinions highlighting real cases can appeal more to the horrific nature of discrimination.
Immigrant, Refugee and Health Care Issues
- Immigrant health care is a major issue.
- Around 80000 people migrate to USA each year.
- The immigrant carry diseases from their native lands (Ostera & Blum, 2016).
- Susceptible of spreading infection in the host country.
Risk and protective factors of Immigration Health Issue
Addressing Immigration Health Issues in Medical Setting
- The immigration health issues can be effectively tackled.
- Proper monitoring, and identification.
- Proper vaccination and medication.
- Isolation of infected individuals and giving them proper medical attention.
- Specialist doctors must be appointed for the medical examination of immigrants.
Community’s role in addressing immigration health issues
- The host community can plays an important role.
- Formation of NGOs can help the refugees.
- Providing immigrants temporary care and medical facilities.
- Growing awareness among people to go through regular medical check-us.
Crawford, M. (2014). Doctors from abroad: a cure for the physician shortage in America.
Health progress (Saint Louis, Mo.), 95(2), 45-48.
Baciu, A., Negussie, Y. and Geller, A. (2018). The State of Health Disparities in the United States. [online] Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK425844/ [Accessed 29 May 2018].
Ostera, G., & Blum, J. (2016). Strongyloidiasis: risk and healthcare access for Latin American immigrants living in the United States. Current tropical medicine reports, 3(1), 1-3.
News, A. (2018). GME Funding and Its Role in Addressing the Physician Shortage. Retrieved from https://news.aamc.org/for-the-media/article/gme-funding-doctor-shortage/
Pearcy, J. N., & Keppel, K. G. (2016). A summary measure of health disparity. Public health reports.
Kan, K., Choi, H., & Davis, M. (2016). Immigrant families, children with special health care needs, and the medical home. Pediatrics, 137(1), e20153221.