According to research reports, Out of six individuals in Australian state who are aged approximately fifteen years has mental issues and challenges. These mental health problems includes various disorders such as anxiety, mood swings. The mental conditions are mostly found with pregnant women, unemployed people within the society, divorced spouses, gays and single individuals. Report indicate increased domain involving psychological distress and anxiety in comparison with 11.3 percent people living in Victoria to 12.1 percent for great city of Dandenong.
Illegal drug usage of drugs leading to both abuse and misuse in this specific area indicated that one out of 7 people use the drugs for recreational use. Young adults from the age of 18 years are more likely to involve themselves in drug related issues. Bhang has been recorded to be the most used and popular among the youths leading to the growth of various psychoses, hallucination, addiction and increased levels of ectacy.The next popular drug was cocaine followed by heroin.
This aspect involves exploration of the entire historical development of a certain society. This includes the year it was started, what factors led to its specific referral name, its population density and distribution, the community’s industrial and geographical location and trade foundations. The important events that contributed to the optimum development of this particular community in the modern day world is addressed. Questions such as the time the community has settled in that region are constantly enquired. One is also required to identify its past historical based evidence for example artistic nature.
Resources & References
De Silva, I., Rozen, W. M., Ramakrishnan, A., Mirkazemi, M., Baillieu, C., Ptasznik, R., & Leong, J. (2012). Achieving adequate margins in ameloblastoma resection: the role for intra-operative specimen imaging. Clinical report and systematic review. PLoS One, 7(10), e47897.
Key Questions to Answer
- History about the community.The Dandenong’s historical developments results strongly from a system of high working class and ethnicity aspects. It is a community comprised of many culture values, or heritage with estimated 151 and above nationalities. It is also a large-scale base for homeless people who seek refuge as the largest number in the Victorian local municipality under a council. The Dandenong community has absolutely minimal information about existing health care and hospital services that are vital to them. Their inability to communicate in English with distance them from other cultures available in the region.
- What demographics indicate about the people in MY chosen community?
After clearly understanding the given demographics and statistical data obtained in reliable sources it is evident that the major occupation activity for the community members is providing both skilled and non-skilled labourer in the manufacturing sector such as industries (Palermo, Robinson, Robertson, 2012).
Some of the essential places are specifically owned by the residents while other homes have loan mortgage. There also exists some rental buildings as assets. Conversely, the youth has increased values and cultural diversity.
- How diversity of the entire population influence health?
Typically an extensive community diversification having various cultures can impact health status as a result of having decreased or no effective communication and proper understanding in a particular western countries health services, English as the alternate language of the people make sit very problematic to help and offer treatment from people rising from distinct backgrounds. For instance the history of the refugee seekers (Palermo, Robinson, Robertson, 2012).
How can WHERE you live impact on the health of a population?
Acquiring immediate aid from rates whose core locations does not constitute retail shops, hospital structures and public transport links will be much problematic. This situation can contribute to increased burden and high pressure in the health service systems brought about by lack of such social amenities the region
- How activities that are undertaken in this specific community affect the health of its residents? The residents highly acquire merits as a result of maximum access to central parks, biking trails, gyms, pitches and swimming pools (Cabuang, 2018)the benefits include active and healthier status, fun lifestyles that help relax individual mind, muscles and soul. Older and young people in the society carry out these sports and gaming events since they can be afforded through the help of societal and cultural heritage support centres. It also helps the youth not to engage in malpractices such as crime since their idle period is replace with significant sports activities and promote team work operations.
- How mobility or transport impact on health within MY chosen community?
If residents within a certain community has strong, continuous and easy access to important societal facilities and services, they can be able to access health centres for treatment simply and safely. They can get in to these medical service centres by use of both private and public vehicles.Vehicles designed for individuals with special needs are also available. For instance some of the taxi and uber are properly designed to suit the key specifications of disabled people so that they can be comfortable while accessing hospital facilities.
- What you have learned from your data gathering and research about ENVIRONMENT AND ACCESSIBILITY in your particular community?
- In Dandenong community, every individual should participate in maintenance of the environment including land, farm animals, forest and rivers. This will give natural resources that will contribute to transport and communication development. Therefore I have learnt that the natural surrounding beneficial to one’s community.