1. Identify the main issue or problem in this case. Provide a clear justification with relevant evidence for your answer.
2. Outline the important sub-issues evident in this case. You need to identify at least four (4) sub-issues, and explain why they are relevant to this case.
3. Outline five (5) relevant theories from the field of organisational behaviour and design which can be applied to this case. Explain how each theory helps us to understand a particular issue or issues in this case.
4. Outline your preferred solution to this case. Provide a brief implementation plan to explain how your preferred solution would be executed.
1. Several issues have been identified in the case study of ‘Robert Jefferson’. The major problem that was aroused in the study was mostly due to group dispute and dissatisfaction with the past work with which Jefferson felt more optimistic with the presence of Remington in the lab. There was a lack of clear conversation about the problem in the group. Another issue that was identified indicated the inability of Jerry for seeing what was happening in the group. There was also lack of knowledge and experience, which was the main focus in the group. Remington was very anxious about the customary morning meeting that was called off and Jefferson was not too unhappy to call the meeting off for reasons of his own. The issue rose because of miscommunication between Jefferson and Jerry and because of lack of in-depth knowledge. Jefferson also felt that perhaps the academic advantages that were brought by Remington to the group did not recompense for what he experienced was proof of a collapse on the cooperative spirit (Daft, 2012).
2. There are different sub-issues in the case study of ‘Robert Jefferson’ that can be divided into three categories such as leadership, human resource and organizational behavior. There was a miscommunication between Jerry and Jefferson and there was a lack of leadership achievement and regular feedback in the group. Sub-issues comprised of no teamwork and low cost control. They have a vital need to set up and accomplish challenging goals and as a result, critical needs of progress are required to solve these sub-issues. No specific human resource plan took place for the growth and there was no clear description and position of getting job. As a result, there was huge concern that was related to getting a job. The structure of organizational behavior was also not clear because the strategy of organizational behavior was not clearly defined in the study of Jefferson. For example; leadership, human resource and organizational behavior play a vital role in the study because it might consider the success of the organization. Human resource is very much necessary to build up some fundamental plans as well as to implement leadership strategy (Harte, 2016).
Leadership plays an important role in the organization it also contained some fundamental ideas and plans for the success of conference. At the time of conference meeting, there was the problem of miscommunication between Jerry and Jefferson because there was no teamwork in the meeting. Another sub-issue took place when the group meeting was held, and Robert was in another sense during the group meetings. As a result, he confessed to himself that he would have felt far less safe if he had to direct the work out of his mind (Pinder, 2014).
Remington had insufficient elements to give a speech in the meeting and to improve organizational behavior and leadership. This in turn left Jefferson with an annoyance mixture. At the same time, there was a self-satisfied feeling of superiority over Remington in at least one area. Remington was of the view that the way by which the problems were examined was typical of group thinking. Remington proceeded to comment on the American emphasis on team thoughts despite the fact that it became difficult for the listeners due to an air of sophistication (Greenberg, 2013).
3. There are some fundamental theories of organizational behavior and design that are applied to the case study. These methods help us to achieve the leadership and organizational behavior and to understand the particular issue in the study. The issues that are related to managerial and human resource management are involved in the study. This in turn states that everyone will start a new job with lots of enthusiasm and motivation in order to do well. This motivation is based on their culture and life experience (Edwards, 2016). The member of each group was invited to the meeting which was held to make theories of organizational behavior and design. This concept helps to understand the issue of the study. They need to acquire some equity theory of job motivation about managerial skills and human resource technique. The problem might be solved if they would be able to maintain the theory of organization behavior and leadership design correctly (Worley, 2014).
As the time for special meeting advanced, Jefferson thought it would be wise to avoid presentation at any cost. This is mainly due to the fact that he could not trust himself to present the thoughts and work that Remington had highly developed because of his anxiety about explaining the research in adequate detail (Fackler & Richardson, 2015).
Jefferson got an opportunity to speak with Jerrold and raised the question about the organizational behavior and design. Jefferson also felt that the type of contribution that Remington had been making would indulge him to come up to this meeting. He had involved the interest and concentration on them. They had already come and gave an extensive debate followed by his view on organizational behavior and design. For example; this model is sufficient to understand the issue of the case study. This theory helps us to understand the particular issue in the study. The member of each group had been invited to the meeting which was held to make theories of organizational behavior and leadership design (Kreshel & Woods, 2015).
4. There are some excellent solutions to solve this issue of Robert Jefferson study. He has to take some major plans and development such as entrepreneurship, leadership, management and administration to address these problems consistently. Leadership must be implemented in the enterprise that has social behavior and knowledge. The leadership style may consider as the growth of the enterprise. To solve these issues, there is a requirement for security and physiological needs, esteem needs, belongingness needs as well as self-actualization. They also need to have managerial and human resource skills to reduce the problem. To solve these issues, they need to make some efforts and has to give the best performance in the interview then it will give proper outcomes. Jefferson needs to motivate Remington to work hard and increase the efficiency of cracking the interview to get a job offer. Organization change and technology change help to remove this academic issue of the study (Edwards, 2016).
To implement the preferred solution and to solve these issues, they need to maintain the theory of motivation and managerial skills. A conceptual knowledge must acquire and must have to reflect these experiences of Remington. Jefferson needs to motivate Remington and teach him best learning about the success. To remove these issues, they need to plan for some perception, training, leadership effectiveness and job satisfaction. These methods can be implemented well because these are the success point for Remington. He needs to make some changes in behavior, attitude, and communication. Group decision making is one of the major implementations to solve the issue of Robert study because organizational behavior and design depend on the decision making. These preferred solutions should execute well if Remington follows the steps of these fundamental solutions of success (McShane & Von Glinow, 2015).
Daft, R. (2012). Organization theory and design. Nelson Education.
Pinder, C. C. (2014). Work motivation in organizational behavior. Psychology Press.
Greenberg, J. (Ed.). (2013). Organizational behavior: The state of the science. Routledge.
Charness, G., Gneezy, U., & Kuhn, M. A. (2012). Experimental methods: Between-subject and within-subject design. Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, 81(1), 1-8.
McShane, S. L., & Von Glinow, M. A. (2015). Organizational Behavior 7/e.
Anderson, B. (2016). Adams, Francis. The Melbournians. London and Sydney: Eden, Remington, 1892. Albertone, Manuel, and Antonio de Francesco, eds. Rethinking the Atlantic World: Europe and America in the Age of Democratic Revolutions. Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan, 2009. Amies, Marion.‘Home Education and Colonial Ideas of Womanhood’. Ph. D. diss. Victorian Narratives of Failed Emigration: Settlers, Returnees, and Nineteenth-Century Literature in English, 31, 264.
Harte, J. (2016). Successful Management in the Digital Age. Transaction Publishers.
Christians, C. G., Fackler, M., Richardson, K., Kreshel, P., & Woods, R. H. (2015). Media ethics: Cases and moral reasoning. Routledge.
Edwards, R. G. (2016). Meson Resonances from Lattice QCD (No. JLAB-THY-15-2049; DOE/OR/23177-3845). Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility, Newport News, VA (United States).
Nikas, L., & Maslo, P. B. (2013). Complete View of the Cathedral: Claims of Tortious Interference and the Specific Performance Remedy in Mergers and Acquisitions Litigation, A. Mich. J. Private Equity & Venture Cap. L., 3, 1.
Cummings, T. G., & Worley, C. G. (2014). Organization development and change. Cengage learning.
DuBrin, A. J. (2013). Fundamentals of organizational behavior: An applied perspective. Elsevier.