Power is the ability within an individual that enables them to influence other people attitudes, beliefs, and values (Meglino and Ravlin, 2011). Power and influence will drive an organization contingency. Contingencies are possible future events that may at times be difficult to predict due to certainties (William, 2014) Combined power and influence among authorities and other staff can be determined by prevailing circumstances and contingencies (Scot & Davis, 2014).
Legitimate power is the power that describes our technologist’s roles and responsibility. Technologists’ legitimate power in the university is to ensure all instructors have appropriate access to technological materials such as online study materials and manually updated study materials that are in line with technology advancement. University technologists have reward power that allows us to exercise authority over all technological sources within the university. We also have the ability to motivate the instructors' organizational adoption success through motivation. Finally, as technical leaders, we shall use our expert power to apply new knowledge and skills. New insights and expertise will enhance the academic development of the institution through technology. As a leader within the technology department, I will implement the contingency power of substitutability and centrality. I will use the substitutability power by ensuring that the technological systems are up-to-date and that old systems are replaced with new ones. I will influence my colleagues to apply centrality by supporting joint efforts of collaborating with students and instructors so as to complete the course syllabus.
Communication problems in an organization often occur when there is unclear communication thus causing conflict. Communication problem at Northwest Canadian Forest product creates conflict among employees and supervisors as they lost trust in each other thus leading to a negative attitude towards the achievement of the organization goals.
Interdependence is likely to cause conflict when teammates rely upon others to accomplish a company objective. Conflict at Northwest Company is evident when supervisors perceive that employees are unable to work unless supervised, this has led to the lack of confidence among the two parties thus causing conflict.
Differentiation in an organization occurs when there are differences among staff in an organization. The case of differentiation at Northwest Canadian Company is presented in the case where supervisors have lost trust on the employees. Another instance is where the management and the employees have differing perceptions about work.
3. There is a problem with poor communication skills. Both the staff and employers are not able to communicate their problems to each other effectively. Supervision departments have doubts on employees work performance thus leading to mistrust among the two parties. The organization management should clearly state the roles and objectives of the company to both employers and employees so as to avoid poor communication skills.
The organization management also has poorly set goals. When goals in an organization are not well established and explained to individuals, there is a high possibility of differing objectives and attitudes among people.
Another challenge that the organization is facing is poor problem-solving skills. Despite the management being aware of the existing problems within the organization, no actions are taken to solve the conflict.
4. The parties in the company can work together to achieve the success of the organization in the following three ways. First, the management should develop a problem-solving approach. The problem-solving approach is likely to help companies solve differences among different company department. The problem-solving approach will also lead to the development of solutions that will amalgamate the company thus enhancing its prosperity (Cumming & Worley, 2014). Secondly, the company organization staff can help increase the company investments by coming up with a group dynamic strategy that will unite the team members, enhance a participatory approach to the contribution of both employers and employees towards the company welfare thus promoting unity and more income investment to the enterprise.
Tom Parker leadership style is more appropriate to the situation of the company as it encourages leaders at the company to set goals and work towards achieving them. It also helps leaders to motivation and to appreciate good employee-employer relationship by permitting a participatory module of organization management.
7.I believe that the case of the company requires an action of a participative leadership model. The company is undergoing issues of poor performance, lack of mistrust and understanding among employers and staff members. The employees and employers have changed their attitude about the company investment, and no one seems to be concerned about solving the current conflict. Applying a participatory leadership style for this situation will help in the development of a problem-solving approach, allow participatory contribution of members and promote better problem-solving skills.
8. Transformational leadership should also be utilized in this case as it will encourage the development of goals, integration and participatory approaches. A transformative leader will be able to develop attainable goals and implement appropriate problem-solving strategies thus leading to company growth. Transformational leaders believe in the strength of others, they encourage and motivate their team members’ performance (Nielson et al., 2008). They don’t delight in conflict but find better mechanisms to go about the conflicts.
9. Formal authority of allocating performance bonuses for employees will push me towards applying substitutability and centrality approach before rewarding employees. Substitutability contingency will drive employees towards discovering appropriate work trends, finding relevant work practices and utilizing the work trends in their regular duties. Centrality contingency will encourage unity within the company thus promoting active cooperation among staff through collaboration and participatory approach thus leading to swift completion of tasks which will, in turn, improve business capital. Quality products supplied to clients due to improved new generation technology are likely to attract more customers. Employees should be rewarded with motivation and training so as to encourage better performance.
10. Shared leadership is a concept that allows leaders to share responsibilities among each other. This leadership concept is important for top managements. It allows equal distribution of accountability and encourages quality delivery of work performance as work is not overloaded to a particular individual. Shared leadership concept discourages self-centeredness and promotes unity.
Cummings TG, Worley CG. Organization development and change. Cengage Learning; 2014.
McShane SL, Steen SL. Canadian organizational behavior. Irwin; 2011.
Meglino BM, Ravlin EC. Individual values in organizations: Concepts, controversies, and research. Journal of Management. 2014 Jan 1; 24(3):351-89.
Nielsen K, Randall R, Parker J, Brenner SO. The effects of transformational leadership on followers' perceived work characteristics and psychological well-being: A longitudinal study. Work & Stress. 2008 Jan 1; 22(1):16-32.
Scott WR, Davis GF. Organizations and Organizing: importance, natural and open systems perspectives. Routledge; 2015 Aug 7.
William D. Formative assessment and contingency in the regulation of learning processes. In Annual Meeting of American Educational Research Association, Philadelphia, PA 2014 Apr.
Meglino et al., Individual values in organizations: Concepts, controversies, and research. Journal of Management (2012), 89
William, Formative assessment and contingency in the regulation of learning processes. Philadelphia (2014),49
Scott & Davis, Organizations and Organizing: importance, natural and open systems perspectives. Routledge, (2015), 32
Cummings & Worley. Organization development and change. Cengage Learning (2014), 61
McShane & Steen, Canadian organizational behavior. Irwin (2011),71
Nielsen et al. The effects of transformational leadership on followers' perceived work characteristics and psychological well-being: A longitudinal study, Work & Stress (2008), 16-32.
To export a reference to this article please select a referencing stye below:
My Assignment Help. (2018). Organizational Dynamics And Change. Retrieved from https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/organizational-dynamics-and-change.
"Organizational Dynamics And Change." My Assignment Help, 2018, https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/organizational-dynamics-and-change.
My Assignment Help (2018) Organizational Dynamics And Change [Online]. Available from: https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/organizational-dynamics-and-change
[Accessed 19 January 2020].
My Assignment Help. 'Organizational Dynamics And Change' (My Assignment Help, 2018) <https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/organizational-dynamics-and-change> accessed 19 January 2020.
My Assignment Help. Organizational Dynamics And Change [Internet]. My Assignment Help. 2018 [cited 19 January 2020]. Available from: https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/organizational-dynamics-and-change.
Looking for an answer 'who will do my essay for cheap', MyAssignmenthelp.com has the perfect solution for you. We boast highly skilled and talented 3000+ essay writers, who are committed to providing needed essay help to students in Australia. They resolve students' academic problems and make sure students are well-equipped to write a good quality essay. Hence, students don't need to waste their time in searching, 'who will write my essay at cheap', instead they pay for the best essay help services at MyAssignmenthelp.com.
Answer: 1.A communication policy document on social media helps in outlining defectors about how in your organization can communicate with their employees via online mode (Dent & Brent, 2015). The communication policy related to the social media must include rules and regulations, responsibilities and roles, legal risks related to the organization, accountability and security risks. 2.The methods that can be utilized for maintaining are a...Read More
Answer: Introduction Successful innovation in a majority of the companies across the globe are linked to transformational leadership. Transformational leaders particularly facilitate innovation within their companies and hence the tendency of the companies to remain innovative. The use of intellectual stimulation and inspiration motivation is, thereby, vital to the success of organizational innovation. Furthermore, transformational leaders en...Read More
Answer: Introduction Innovation and creativity are the major tools for an organization to sustain in the global business environment for longer run. With the increasing competition due to globalisation and revolution in the technological world, adaptation of creativity and innovative measures has become necessity for the organizations to match up with the global business requirements. The trend of adaptation of creativity and innovation is no...Read More
Answer: Introduction Employee management is an important function of any organization in the world. This refers to the process of helping an underperforming employee to improve and prevent a high performing employee to become a weak performer (Alfes et al. 2013). An organization can only perform in an efficient manner if it can implement measures for effective employee management. For designing the framework for efficient employee manag...Read More
Answer: Impact of neoliberalism on employee relations Scholars define employee relations as the efforts placed by organizations to manage the relationship between employees and employers. Having good employee associations ensures that employees receive consistent and fair treatment hence increasing their loyalty and commitment in their work. On the other hand, neoliberalism refers to a policy and ideology model which emphasizes the import...Read More
Just share your requirements and get customized solutions on time.
Our writers make sure that all orders are submitted, prior to the deadline.
Using reliable plagiarism detection software, Turnitin.com.We only provide customized 100 percent original papers.
Feel free to contact our assignment writing services any time via phone, email or live chat.
Our writers can provide you professional writing assistance on any subject at any level.
Our best price guarantee ensures that the features we offer cannot be matched by any of the competitors.
Get all your documents checked for plagiarism or duplicacy with us.
Get different kinds of essays typed in minutes with clicks.
Calculate your semester grades and cumulative GPa with our GPA Calculator.
Balance any chemical equation in minutes just by entering the formula.
Calculate the number of words and number of pages of all your academic documents.
Our Mission Client Satisfaction
I am Completely Satisfied with my coursework assignment work. Got my coursework assignment at right time with quality work. Truly recommendable.thanks again
Good Job. Thank you so much for your timely and efficient delivery of my assignment. I really appreciate your work done. Great and quality work as I wanted. Very quick and was done within the deadline. I recommend this site to anyone who is strugglin...
The Assignment provided was as per the requirements and i got accordingly as per the academic professional level of the submitted assignment.
The Assignment provided was good and was as per the requirements and up to the professional academic level. Thanks