Various steps need to be undertaken so that the team’s purpose can be identified and established. Few of the steps that the leader will have to undertake so that the team’s performance can be improved are as follows: -
1. Team meetings will be taken at regular intervals so that the leader can communicate regarding the purpose of the team.
2. The leader will also have to undertake one-on-one meetings will all the team members so that the weak areas can be highlighted.
3. The leader should share the KRA list with various resources in the team so that the team members can get a clear idea regarding what is expected from them (Fenwick 2001).
Few of the ways to ensure all the team members are aware of their roles and responsibilities are as follows: -
1. The manager should elaborate the KRA list to the resources. The leader will discuss about the KRA with the resource rather than just sending the email directly. Discussing will ensure that the KRAs are well understood by the resources.
2. Frequent meetings will also help the resources to understand the achievement that they done and also the areas wherein they need to improve (Thorpe 2008).
It is very important to understand the training needs of the resources so that they can be trained accordingly. Few of the ways by which the training needs of the resources will be identified are as follows: -
1. Direct observation is one of the ways by which the leader can get to know the areas where in the resources needs to improve.
2. The leader can also prepare questionnaires so that the hidden strengths and weaknesses of the team members can be known.
3. One-on-one interviews will also help the leader to understand the areas wherein they resource is willing to grow. The leader should help the employee to grow in the direction that they want so that the productive of the team can be increased.
The need of training and mentoring needs to be identified first so that the leader can plan the training problems. Few of the ways by which the management can understand the employee needs training are as follows: -
1. Continuous errors in the work would mean that the resource needs to be trained.
2. If the resource is not confident about the work that needs to be delivered then the leader should train the resource.
3. If the resource wants to grow in a particular area then they will have to be trained. The resource may directly express their willingness to grow in a particular direction.
The leader will not get support from the team immediately and it is the leader’s responsibility to ensure that all the members are happy with the new team. Few of the ways to ensure the success of the new team are as follows: -
1. The team members should be aware of the purpose for which the new team is formed.
2. The leader should motivate the team to work together by way of meeting, team building activities and also outings (Evans 2004).
Case study 2
Few of the ways by which the leader can ensure that the team members in the decision making processes are as follows: -
1. During the team meetings, the employees will have to be communicated about the future plans about the organization. This will keep the employees motivated.
2. Brainstorming sessions can be conducted so that the employees can be motivated to come with new ideas for the different problems. If an employee’s idea is implemented then he should be rewarded for the idea so that the employees can share their opinion (Cokins 2009).
Various measures will be undertaken so that the team members can express the opinion that they have with regards to the transition. Few of the ways by which feedback can be collected are as follows: -
1. Feedback forms can be circulated so that the employees can share the opinion that they have with regards to the transition process.
2. The leader can have a one-to-one meeting with the team members so that their opinion about the transition process can be received (Caldwell 2002).
Possible conflicts that might arrive during the transition process are as follows: -
1. The employees who were receiving the penalty rates may be dissatisfied and hence, their productivity will be affected.
2. Most of the employees may resign and look for an opportunity in some other company.
The conflicts will have to be resolved so that the transition process can be completed successfully. Few of the ways by which the conflict can be resolved are as follows: -
1. The leader can conduct meetings so that the bigger picture can be shown to the employees.
2. The leader should identify the resources which aren’t happy and talk to them. This will help the employees to feel better to stay with the organization and help the organization to complete the transition process (Johnson 2000).
Fenwick, M, 2001, Performance management: linking strategy and human resources, Working Paper series, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 1327-5216
Cokins, G, 2009, Performance management: integrating strategy execution, methodologies, rick and analytics, ISBN 9780470449981
Thorpe, R, 2008, Performance management: Multidisciplinary perspectives, ISBN 1403947619
Evans, E, 2004, Performance management and appraisal: a how to do manual, ISBN 9781555704988
Caldwell, C, 2002, Performance management, ISBN 0761213929
Johnson, D, 2000, Team performance management, ISBN 0762306556
MyAssignmenthelp.com has become one of the leading assignment help provider in New York City and Boston. We provide top class auditing assignment help. Not only auditing, but we also cover more than 100 subjects and our writers deal with all types of assignments with utmost expertise. To make writing process faster and accurate, we have segmented our assignment experts' teams as per their expertise on writing different types of assignments. We guaranteed that students who buy our assignment online get solutions worth their investment.
You are required to write a researched argument essay that convinces persuades the reader of your position / stance. This is an academic, researched and referenced do...Read More
Executive Summary The purpose of this report is to elaborate the factors which are considered by individuals before selecting an occupation. Choosing an occupati...Read More
Introduction With the increase enhancement in the field of technology, it has been considered essential by the businesses to implement such technology in their b...Read More
Executive Summary In a merger & acquisition, role of an HR has emerged as a very critical function. At each stage of merger and acquisition process, HR plays a s...Read More
Introduction In this competitive business environment where every business organization is trying to attract the customers of each other, it becomes essential for ...Read More