How to build a reputation as a good ICT professional and how to work with others from diverse backgrounds.
Being in ICT profession I need to deal with computers and software where I find many data stored and information saved. There are ways through which I can build up a very good reputation in my firm which would later pay me back. These ways are:
1. Delivering exceptional result- What I have realized is that every single person is just like a particular brand such as Coke, Pepsi and for having a proper career and building good repute in firm I must manage all my personality like a brand and deliver exceptional results.
2. Timely delivery- Through delivering my tasks on time and managing the deadlines I ensure that the managers analyze that I am keen towards finishing my tasks and thus proves that I am serious with my responsibilities thereby making me very effective and efficient employee (Bowern et al., 2006).
3. Managing relations- Since I like to manage all my relations with my superiors as well as my subordinates I am capable of carrying higher ethical values and thereby I am considered as a reputed professional.
4. Valuing privacy of data- Being in IT sector I need to handle and deal with many private data and information of the firm and I ensure that no data gets revealed or no information should be unlocked without higher authority’s permission.
5. Competency- I always try to work competently plus deliberately so that I attain maximum repute in the firm (Eshleman, 1920)
For building good relations with dissimilar people I follow many ethics in my work as well as personal life:
1. Respect other people- I always follow an ethics where I believe that people are all same and require same level of respect wherever they are. By following this ethics in life I become capable of managing relations with everyone around me, be them from any background.
2. Understanding people- I always try to understand people in and around and then attempt to make them feel that I am part and parcel of their culture and belief. This makes them very close to me and helps to enhance my relations.
3. Professionalism- I always try to maintain professionalism in the firm and I always try to integrate society by integrating dissimilar people working in the firm and making them feel that we are part and parcel of the same family.
4. Enhancing work life quality- I always attempt to enhance the quality of work life by enable people to coordinate with each other and thereby work all together. This helps me to contribute in the firm’s human resource management practices and activities and also increase the level and excellence of output that people produce (Schinz, 1906).
5. Primacy of public interest- I try to put public interest above my personal ones. This makes my colleagues and subordinates feel good and carry a feeling of respect and integration within themselves which in return makes the a very efficient and effective individual delivering better results to the firm and enabling the firm to attain maximum profit.
Bowern, M., Burmeister, O., Gotterbarn, D. and Weckert, J. (2006). ICT Integrity: bringing the ACS code of ethics up to date. AJIS, 13(2).
Eshleman, C. (1920). A Satisfactory Religious Code. ETHICS, 31(1), p.109.
Schinz, A. (1906). Literature and the Moral Code. ETHICS, 16(4), p.464.