Effect of e-learning technologies on the academic performance of students in distance learning centers
Business Objectives The aim of the study is to analyze the effect of the e-learning technologies on the performance and quality of the student’s education in the distance learning centes. The main argument of this research study is to address the issues that the organization should consider while implementing the distance learning programs into the organization. Therefore, after identifying the issues, the business can meet with its organizational goals.
The following are the business objectives of the distance learning centres as follows:
- To address whether e-learning technologies affect the academic performance of the students within distance learning centers
- To focus on the perceptions of students on e-learning may influence the use n learning
- To address capabilities, skills as well as experience of the e-learning students
Project Objectives The project plan has the objectives to study the use of primary data analysis so that proper feedback is available from the students. From this study, data from the perceptions of the students are collected. Statistical data are collected from the student to evaluate the student’s view on their performance and education quality. The data are collected from various e-learing centres based on student’s skills, their experience of using e-learning technologies and influence of e-learning on student’s educational quality.
The following are the project objectives that the distance learning centres should meet in order to meet with its organizational goal to implement of e-learing:
- To effectively implement e-learning technologies in the institutions
- To address the challenges related to distance learning
- To identify the factors of e-learning that affects the performance of students
- To suggest and recommendations of the factors that are required to consider at the time of implementation of distance learning
- To consider the individual perceptions of the students in order to evaluate the implementation issues
Major Milestones §Abstract review – December 2015
- Literature review – December/January 2016
- Interviewing and document search - December/January 2016
- Data analysis and evaluation – January 2016
- Write up dissertation – January- February 2016
- Submit dissertation - February 2016
Key Project Resources Awaneesh Kumar (Project Manager)
John Smith (Project Sponsor)
Ann Falk (System Analyst)
Donald Doe (Technician)
John Doe (System Operator)
Nenad Smith (Operation Manager)
Peter Flakii (Programmer)
Project Start Date December 2015
Project Sponsor John Smith
Project Approval Awaneesh Kumar (Project Manager)
Nenad Smith (Operation Manager)
Bhuasiri, W., Oudone, X., Zo, H., Jeung, R., & Andrew, C. (2012). Critical success factors for e- learning in developing countries: A comparative analysis between ICT experts and faculty. Computers & Education, 58(2), 843-855.
Oye, N.D., Iahad, N., Madar, M.J., & Rahim, N. (2012). The Impact of E-Learning on Students Performance in Tertiary Institutions. International Journal of Computer Networks and Wireless Communications, 2(2), 121-145.
Renda dos Santos, L.M., & Okazaki, S. (2015). Planned e-learning adoption and occupational socialization in Brazilian higher education. Studies in Higher Education, 21, 76-89.
Safiyeh, R.H. (2015). Effects of e-learning on students' motivation. Social and Behavioral Sciences, 181, 423 – 430.