Lessons learned from communication situations into the project
While conducting work into a project, there are higher chances of communication gap among the project team members to interact with each other.
From the situation, I observed that communication management strategy is used to consult with the stakeholders for communicational requirements.
Improvement strategy for lesson 2
Communication management strategy
By implementing a communicational channels among the project team members, there should be proper communication among the team members.
The strategy is achievable as it contains of frequency of communication among the internal and external parties.
It describes the communication methods which are used to communicate with the project team members.
I will implement this strategy by 15 days.
Value of lessons learned
- Continuous improvement into the project work
- Better team building which helps to get project success as per project requirements
- Recorded for the future purpose
- Mitigate those by use of historical records
- The lessons learned are considered as important management tool for some of following reasons such as:
- Lessons from the mistakes
- Understand the reasons and causes of the occurred problems
- Recognize of project success
- Reduce the project risks
- Improvement of future project performance
- Retain of the organizational knowledge
- Delivering a value towards the business organization
- Help me to use the project techniques as well as processes to complete the plan on time
- Provide higher probability of the success of delivering the project
Binder, J. (2016). Global project management: communication, collaboration and management across borders. Routledge.
Carpenter, K. M., Stoner, S. A., Schmitz, K., McGregor, B. A., & Doorenbos, A. Z. (2014). An online stress management workbook for breast cancer. Journal of behavioral medicine, 37(3), 458-468.
Garthwait, C. (2016). The social work practicum: A guide and workbook for students. Pearson.
Kerzner, H. (2017). Project Risk Management. Project Management Case Studies, 355-422.
Kerzner, H. (2018). Project management best practices: Achieving global excellence. John Wiley & Sons.
Kerzner, H., & Kerzner, H. R. (2017). Project management: a systems approach to planning, scheduling, and controlling. John Wiley & Sons.
Kerzner, H., & Saladis, F. P. (2017). Project management workbook and PMP/CAPM exam study guide. John Wiley & Sons.
Lacy-Jones, K., Hayward, P., Andrews, S., Gledhill, I., McAllister, M., Abrahamsson, B., ... & Pepin, X. (2017). Biopharmaceutics data management system for anonymised data sharing and curation: First application with orbito IMI project. Computer methods and programs in biomedicine, 140, 29-44.
Mir, F. A., & Pinnington, A. H. (2014). Exploring the value of project management: linking project management performance and project success. International journal of project management, 32(2), 202-217.
Özgüler, I. S., & Yilmaz, S. (2016). THE IMPACT OF PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS ON PROJECT MANAGEMENT.