In a nutshell, the report provided by the company’s CSR committee has examined the following:
Management structure of Brico Devices
Outsourcing process of the company
Environmental issues related to the company
Sustainability probabilities of BD
The structure of management is poorly maintained within the company. To be more specific, the level of hierarchy which is considered as one of the main pillars to run a company successfully, was not implemented at all within BD. This issue has come out to be one of the main complications behind creation of pitiable working circumstances.
Labor was consistently outsourced through the subcontractor who had a record of payment violation. This includes delay in paying salaries and even pay slips were not provided to the workers.
As per the records, employees worked for over 60 hours on a weekly basis and certain amenities are lacked in control working day system for those employees in case of taking a day off in a week.
It is also noticed that the manufacturing giant located in Belgium is deficient in providing proper personal protecting apparatus to the employees. This maximizes the chances of employees getting injured while working with the company.
The company lacks big time in pollutant registering services. This mainly includes procedures related to waste water release. This is also not in accordance with the central and local governmental criteria.
The standard and audit committee of the company has discovered the ensuing desecrations. A very stern concern was identified by the committee which is upsetting our environment. In addition, the establishment required corporate social responsibility on safety and health of its employees. It is also not in accordance with the government’s regulations related to waste management practices. There is no proper leave policy described or communicated to the employees and there is a discrepancy present in organizational managerial structure. As a result of all this, the company’s status became tarnished. For coming out of this crisis, it’s a must for Brico Devices to take severe actions so that the company can sustain effectively within the present competitive market.
- An in-house supervision strategy Conclusionto be implemented so that the information gets communicated to pan organization. This will help eliminating existing difficulties as well as will decrease the chances of complications that are on the horizon.
- For getting rid of ‘employee unfriendly’ status, the company should ask subcontracting firms to deliver quarterly as well as semi-annually prompt audit reports along with annual ones.
- The company requires obtaining a suitable system for changing the work shift. This strategy will help in avoiding extreme working hours for employees.
- The company needs to consider immediately on replacing old equipment with upgraded, new and safe ones for the purpose of providing safety to its employees.
- The organization have to ponder about adding a recycling division that will deal with the disposal process of waste products generated by the company.
Working conditions and corporate social responsibility | Southern Africa Resource Watch. 2016. Working conditions and corporate social responsibility | Southern Africa Resource Watch. [ONLINE] Available at: https://www.sarwatch.org/pt-pt/node/330. [Accessed 20 December 2016].