Question- Reflect on their learning and critically evaluate their learning experiences and consider how they will apply those experiences to other modules on their programme of study and their future career aspirations?
Project Management has become the burning need of the organizations today. Quality, cost and Speed control are taking huge significance in every business. Understanding project management helps the managers to establish an effective approach to manage and control the new initiatives taken for effective performance of the organization (Mulder, 1997). I being the student of Electronic Design Engineering semester 1, need have a clear idea about the managing the system. This is possible only by learning the concepts of project management which help to understand how to control the system efficiency, analyze the risks before and after designing the system using the electronic components and also time management to complete the overall designing.
Are You Daunted by the Thought of Due Assignments?
Avail Our Services and Receive Assignment Help from Experts.
This report proposes a professional development plan that would help me to develop myself as a successful electronics engineer and also help to analyze my weakness that has to be improved before I step into my next semester. A professional development plan is developed based on the identified goals and opportunities.
Understanding the need and importance of project management in electronics design would help me to set up effective goals that would help me to enhance my skills. From the knowledge that I gathered during the my semester about Project Management, I learnt that Project Management permits the managers to arrange and oversee key activities that create new income in stretching areas of the business sector. The tools for Project Management diminishes time to market, control costs, guarantee quality items, and upgrade productivity. Project Management serves to offer items and administrations by emphatically separating them from their rivals.
My key goal is to have a thorough practical and theoretical exposition of the knowledge of project management for managing and leading various complex electronic designing projects and programs. For this to understand short-term and long-term goals are:
Short- Term Goals:
- Enhancement is one of the most significant aspects in the professional life. Without effective enhancement there is a change for the skills to become obsolete. Thus to avoid obsolete it is important to enhance my academic performance by effectively utilizing my skills (Alam et al., 2010)
- Paying attention in both the electronics designing and project management class to build good subject knowledge like electronic circuits and devices, systems and signals, communication system and also learn about the system scheduling, risk analysis, technical performance, system budget and planning etc.
- Talking with the professors to understand the application of project management in electronics designing.
- Take up assignments and researches related to project management seriously and always try to align electronics design with the project management concepts.
- Studying hard and passing the graduation exams with good marks
Long Term Goals:
- To take up internships from various well-known companies to get accustom with the field before getting placed. This would help me to prepare an effective electronics project, make effective project planning, managing the projects, analyzing the risks associated with the project development and project completion.
- To attend various workshops and seminars to hone my skills
- Acquiring the contacts and networks of electronics design project managers through social media like LinkedIn and Facebook.
PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT ANALYSIS
The personal development analysis was intended to measure the reasonable conduct of a single person. It was intended to help distinguish, select and oversee ability, aptitudes, capacities and aptitudes of people. the PDA investigation does not measure insights or aptitude, yet demonstrates which abilities and qualities of an individual, how to apply them, what are their inspirations, how they decide, how they identify with others, whether they help their associates and their group, all data of gigantic worth to oversee them adequately and help them in their voyage to achievement (pdaprofile.com, n.d.). Here SWOT analysis tool is used to assess the PDA.
1. Good and adaptive communicator
4. Team Player
1. I generally do not interrupt in between when someone else is speaking. I actively listen to the person and try to give to the point answer. I am very much concerned about my body language; I always prefer to keep eye-contact with the person I speak.
2. I always shift my priorities based on the situation. I generally do not follow any pre-planned action. I am quite comfortable in taking actions as per the circumstances I face. I am easily adaptable with any kind of change I face in my career and also personal life.
3. I generally do not stop my work in between. I get relived once I complete my work. I wake up still late night to complete my work and study whatever is taught in the class that day.
4. I generally do not like to work individually. I always prefer working in a group as this helps to gather ideas from other and also different opinion helps to come up with best alternative.
2. Over Exertive
3. Being relator
1. I am sensitive in nature. I easily get hurt with other’s talk. I get disappointed easily wherever something goes wrong.
2. Since I am hardworking in nature, I generally put extra pressure on me which hamper my health and I feel frustrated.
3. I have the propensity to get into close relationship with others. This sometimes hampers my work as I start talking too much with them and forget that it is not the time or place to discuss personal talks or crack jokes.
4. This is one of the worst habits of mine. I start talking or gossiping with my friends whenever I work in a group. This distracts me from the actual thing which I am doing and often results in wastage of time.
1. Advancement inside my profession field
2. The capability to work in numerous diverse industries
3. Willingness to have confidence in the organization's objectives, vision and mission.
Project Management has different aspects like planning, scheduling, analyzing risk, cost-effectiveness, determining quality etc. With these diverse aspects it permits me to have the security of professional successes. Once I procure my degree and start working full time I will can increase involvement in numerous distinctive businesses which would continue make me a more attractive representative. While working I realize that it is fundamental that I comprehend my organization's society, objectives, mission, also vision. With an understanding of these matters I will verify that I keep on being an advantage for the organization I am in.
1. Increase in Competition
2. Technology Advancement
organizations are extending Their brands all inclusive I am presently confronting rivalry inside my class, as well as from individuals over the globe who are in the same field. This competition will incite me to wind up socially mindful of my organizations needs to limb out into numerous distinctive markets. As organizations keep on stretching universally it prompts representatives to learn and adjust to distinctive sorts of innovation using latest technology. It would be my obligation to study and use numerous sorts of programming so I can keep on being beneficial to employer in future.
STRATEGIES TO IMPROVE
Being emotionally sensitive sometimes makes it difficult to change and manage because of threatened, defensive and vulnerable feeling. Thus it is very much important for balancing emotions and also be confident and resilient so that I don’t react to the unnecessary things and take it to my heart. Meditation is the best process to resist sensitivity. This process helps to open up pathways to understand the things effectively. Mindfulness is the best way to start with and find out the complexities, motivations and individual feeling. Being resourceful and patient would help build on sensitivity (Sobolewski et al., 2011)
As I sometimes become over exertive, I have to learn to delegate tasks, furthermore request help to guarantee that I keep up a leveled hard working attitude.
Being relator, can damper a work environment in light of the fact that the occupation is not a place for making companions, however a spot to be heartfelt and cordial with others. Remembering this will guarantee that I cast my emotions, about individuals, aside at work so that the organizations objectives and missions can be completed productively.
Talkativeness can be improved by not moving around the class, concentrating on the lectures, talking to friend only work-related things, setting up a specific time for gossiping or chit-chatting with friend would help to resist talk.
I accept that the best approach to conquer the majority of the difficulties that I predict is to remain positive and keep on persevering among the difficulties. I realize that this will oblige me to put in a great deal of study and work time; however my diligent work will profit me in the long run.
OPPORTUNITIES TO DEVELOP SELF
Identifying the weakness and strength give the opportunity to improve the lacunae areas and also further enhance our strength. Making corporate connections gives the opportunity to connect and learn from the project leaders who are working in the field of electronics (Liv.ac.uk, 2014). This would help to further develop knowledge about the technological advances and also focus on using innovative approaches that helps to make the designing of the electronic system more effective. Participating in live projects with different organizations helps to get full on practical experience of handling the projects.
Other opportunities that would help me to develop my profession are:
- Learn the latest technology that can be used to handle electronic designing projects and program effectively and addition more learning when I am entering the business as intern
- Gain a graduate degree to stretch my information and to enhance my abilities.
- Make a universal relationship for later business purpose.
- look for a business opportunity while I am studying
- Prepare my capabilities and abilities to convey and make cooperation with international individuals later on.
In conclusion, I would like to mention that the report has emphasized on reflecting the personal strength and weakness that would help to enhance the academic performance in the next semester. There are various skills that are to be acquired however to be a successful professional it is very much important that the skills are present at the right time and the right level. Thus following the appropriate path would help to continue to analyze existing skills and also improve on the lacking areas. Thus SWOT analysis would help to analyze the gap between the existing skills and abilities and the organization needs. The report had also developed strategies to improve on the weakness and to overcome threats. Identifying the opportunities in this report helps to make an effective professional development plan (see Appendix) that would help to become a successful person.
Alam, M., Gale, A., Brown, M. and Khan, A. (2010). The importance of human skills in project management professional development. International Journal of Managing Projects in Business, 3(3), pp.495--516.
Liv.ac.uk, (2014). Programme and Project Management MSc - Overview - Postgraduate Taught Courses - University of Liverpool.
Mulder, L. (1997). The importance of a common project management method in the corporate environment. R&D Management, 27(3), pp.189--196.
pdaprofile.com, (n.d.). PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT ANALYSIS (PDA) ANALYST CERTIFICATION SEMINAR.
Sobolewski, A., Holt, E., Kublik, E. and Wr'obel, A. (2011). Impact of meditation on emotional processingâ€”a visual ERP study. Neuroscience research, 71(1), pp.44--48.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT PLAN