Discuss about the Project Management Plan for Stakeholders and Communication.
The Start of the Project Plan
The Sunshine Coast Council maintains and owns abundance of buildings across the region of the Sunshine Coast. These buildings are contained with the systems of fire protections that are maintained in complying with the regulations of Queensland Government’s safety aspects. There has been invitation by tender for the suitably experienced and qualified companies for their provision to maintain, comply, and test the systems of fire prevention services that has its location within the facilities of the Council’s buildings.
The contract is consisting of separable portions as follows:
Portion A (separable): Fixed Fire Services
Portion B (separable): Portable Equipment
Subject to the extension of the period further, the commencement of this agreement is on the Commencement Date, unless the termination is done earlier and according to the Agreement terms with it ending on the Expiry Date.
Further Period Extension
The Agreement terms can be extended by the Council from the Expiry Date to the Further Period, where the written notice is issued to the contractor in a time that is less than a month before the Expiry Date.
- The contractor’s appointment by the Council in supplying Services is non-exclusive under this Agreement.
- No representation is made by the Council or provision of any warranty, which will be exclusive order or source the Service coming from the contractor.
- There is freedom for the Council in appointing any third party for supplying Service to the Council without the contractor’s consent (Barbara 2010).
Supply of Services
The contractor must be supplying the followings
- The material of the contract
- The service
- The materials and the documents necessitated by the use of the service or the supply (Viera 2008).
Passing of Risk and Title
The Contract Material Risk is passed to the Council from the Contractor on the point of Contract Material delivery.
The Contract Material Title is passed to the Council on the Service Rates payment or Contract Material delivery for the Service in relation to the Contract Materials, whichever occurs earlier.
The contractor must be paid by the Council for performance according to the Service Rates at the time of the performance of the service subject to certain conditions:
- The compliance of the contractor with regards to the Agreement’s terms (Kerzner 2009)
- The tax invoice rendered correctly should be submitted by the contractor for the services performed already by the Contractor according to the clause 26.
Communication Management Plan
The agreement in relation to the certification, demand, a notice, process or other related communication must be in writing and in English.
Provision of communication
The communication must comply with the conditions and has been provided in the Agreement:
- Delivered personally
- Left at the current address of the party for notices
- For notices, it must reach the current address of the party by pre-paid ordinary mail or by pre-paid airmail if it is an outside Australia address
- For notices, sent to the nominated fax number of the party by fax
- Sent to the nominated e-mail address of the party by e-mail
- Transmitted, sent or delivered in any manner other than these that the Council has approved from time to time (Baguley 2010)
Particulars of Notice Delivery
- The delivery notices’ particulars are the mentioned particulars in the schedule 1, items 6.
- The particulars for the notices’ delivery can be changed by a party with the provision of notice to another party (Heldman 2011).
Communications with Post
Even if the communication is done by post to an address within Australia, it is given three Business Days following the post.
Communication with Fax
- It is considered as a communication when a fax is sent from the fax machine of the sender producing a report that the full fax has been sent to the addressee.
- It is a conclusive report that provides evidence that the fax was received in full by the addressee at the very time that report indicates.
Communication via E-mail
It is considered as a communication, when the email is sent and addressee’s email that is capable to retrieve the email sent to it.
The other forms communication may be verbal communication, which will be considered as communication if it is approved by the Council. There may be specifications given by the Council at the time of communication generated in a manner that is to be given for the Agreement’s purpose.
Communications in After Hours
Apart from the Council’s request to the contractor for the provision of Service, if the given communication is made:
- Post 5.00 pm at the place where it is received; or
- On Sunday, Saturday or public holiday at the place where it is received
Council has the power of directing the Contractor in giving communications or particular communication types, in a particular form and/or manner (Kellerman 2012).
A business and its subsequent growth may be impacted with several internal and external factors that make a lasting impact. It might propel the business to grow further where as in other cases, it may simply limit the expansion of the business. For any business in any domain to be able to grow beyond the limits, it is essential to employ manpower that is suited to the role that has been defined. Motivated workforce can not only compete with the external forces but also add innovation and creativity to the company making it seem to be better than the others. There has to be a motivated workforce that is willing to learn from the experiences and grow along with the company.
A method may be defined as the right way that can be applied by the company in achieving the goals that have been defined. And as far as the Human resource objectives are concerned, a company may choose to apply either of the strategies as listed. One is the Peoples Strategy and the second one HR Functional strategy. Also another strategy called the general peoples procedure can be used to satisfy the various aspects as relative to the manpower. This helps in linking the organizational goals with the goals of the employees leading to overall satisfaction of the employees as well.
The main stakeholder in the case is the contractor. Therefore, primarily, the management of the contractor will be discussed.
Number should be sufficient
There should be engagement and provision of the contractor with respect to the Personnel’s sufficient number in efficiently and promptly performing the obligation of the contractor under this agreement.
Experience, Training, and Skills
The warranting and the representation is done by the contractor where the engagement of the Personnel takes place for the performance of the obligation pertaining to the contractor under this agreement is with the possession of the experience, training and skills that is a requirement for the performance of the Service according to this Agreement (Stagner 2011).
The contractor has to be ensuring in relation to personnel with regards to the performance pertaining to the obligation of the contractor as follows:
- Conducting themselves in a professional, civil and courteous manner
- All laws applicable are obeyed
- Not seeking any gratuity, reward or fee in relation to the Service performance
- Precautions are taken adequately in avoiding to cause any property damage
No Drugs or Alcohol
There must be insurance from the contractor that it’s Personnel:
- Refrain from consuming alcoholic beverages
- Refrain from intoxication
- Refrain from being under the drug’s influence which can or does be impeding their abilities while performing the Service or any other provision of activity required under this Agreement.
The contractor must be ensuring there is cooperation and other activities required by the Council be performed by its Personnel related to any instituted legal proceedings against Council by the Council against a third party or a third party (Campbell 2011).
If any dispute or industrial action involves the Contractor’s all or some of the Personnel resulting in any interruption or cessation of Service for a time of greater than one day, the contractor must be doing the followings:
- the reasonable endeavors are used by it in promptly resolving the industrial dispute or action and remedying any Service’s nonperformance caused by the dispute or industrial action; and
- On Council’s request, notifying immediately the industrial dispute or action to the suitable court or commission seeking urgent injunctive relief in stopping the industrial dispute or action.
- Appoint an individual or individuals as its representative for this specific agreement and significantly notify the contractor about the specific changes in writing to the contract administrator that to within one business day about the changes being implemented.
The contractor must:
- Appoint the representative to be responsible in regards to the day to day performance about the service as well as the supervision of the contractor’s personnel involved in the service performance.
- It is also important to notify the council in writing about any significant changes to the identity of the contractor representative within one business day about the changes being implemented.
The parties involved must agree to:
- Any prolific instruction, direction, approval, notice or other communication that is given or made by the representative of the contractor to the council which shall be deemed to have been given by the contractor.
- Any specific communication or direction provided by the contract administrator to the contractor shall be deemed to have been made or given by the council.
Availability of Contractor Representative:
- It is the role of the contractor to ensure that representative cooperates with the personnel as well as the council and acts reasonably in an ethical way in regards to the dealing with the personnel or the council.
- The contractor representative must be available and also able to be significantly contacted by the council by efficient communication source at regular intervals during the business hours
- The contractor representative has reliability of using a cell phone which will ensure the council to contact the representative of the contractor every day and even after the business hours.
- The representative of the contractor will also be able to send and receive mails.
- About the phone numbers as well as the email addresses on which the representative of the contractor can be reached
- It is critically important for the contractor representative to immediately inform the council about the changes in email addresses and telephone numbers.
- It is mandatory for the contractor to ensure that the contractor representative meets the administrator of the contract during the business hours at the council office.
Performance Management Meeting:
It is necessary that at the performance management meeting the contractor representative must consult ethically with the administrator about any significant matters in regards to the agreement.
- The administrator must be informed about any issues persisting in the performance of the obligations of the contractor under the agreement
- About any non-compliance by the contractor with no significant obligations under the agreement, including the KPIs.
Conclusion and Recommendations
It is critically important for an organization to analyze and evaluate the key components of the organization that significant helps in boosting the revenue as well as the growth of the organization. Eventually along with all strategic plans it is important to outline the stakeholder management plan. The stakeholder management plan prolifically highlights the key measures and strategies to be taken into consideration in regards to the smooth business operations of the organization. Stakeholders of the organization play a major role in assessing the financial and managerial implications therefore; it is quite effective for the organization to have a definite plan to manage the stakeholders in an efficient manner.
Managing the stakeholders can benefit the organization on applying major strategies and techniques by which the organization will be perform on significant grounds and also enhance the effectiveness in a prolific manner. It is also important for the organization to establish a stakeholder analysis to have a wide scope of attaining the key objectives and goals.
- Baguley, P. (2010) Improve your project management, Teach Yourself, London.
- Barbara, J. J. (2010)Construction Management Jumpstart (2nd ed.), Indianapolis, Indiana: Wiley.
- Campbell, G.M. (2011)The complete idiot's guide to project management, 5th ed, Alpha Books, Indianapolis, IN.
- Heldman, K. (2011)Project management jumpstart, 3rd ed, Wiley, New York.
- Kellerman, B. (2012)The end of leadership, Harper Collins, New York.
- Kerzner, H. (2009) Project management: a systems approach to planning, scheduling, and controlling, 10th ed, Wiley, New York.
- Stagner, S. (2011)"Design-Build and Alternative Project Delivery in Texas", Texas Council of Engineering Companies.
- Viera, G. (2008)"What Is Construction Project Management?", PM Hut.