Discuss the role and impact of media on society?
The media is meant by the route of expressing something. It denotes the path to carry forward the relevant information into the public. Media is the organization by which public can gather knowledge about some social, entertainment functions.
Definition- an intervening way out by which something is transmitted into the public
The function of the media is to perform about up to date information and to notify about the newest hearsays and trend.
Functions of Media
The purpose of the media has turn into the way of trading and advertising of products and discriminations. The media declared to be governed by righteousness and equity. Media comprises of different aspects-
• Correlation of parts of society
Different types of Media
- Advertising media- involved in promotion of business and trades and marketing issues
- Broadcasting media- working as a bridge between the public and the government and the private organization
- Digital media- engaged into store, transmit and receive digitized information
- Electronic media- delivering communications via electromechanical energy
- Mass media- involved in mass communication mainly comprising the press media
Media can revolutionize the facts included
- Public thoughts
- Public believes
- Public behavior
- Political Views of public
Media for humanizing our society
Media plays a crucial role in to develop a revolutionary change in our society:
1. Media acts as a sword arm of democracy
2. Media plays a role in protecting people from anti-democratic practices and activities
3. Media is very much important in creating public awareness
4. Media is involved in delivering the current political issues of the country in such that people can raise voice against different malpractices regarding politics
5. Media is intimately involved in building trust and humanities in the civilization
6. Media is acting as a pillar of democracy along with jurisdiction, execution and legislative aspects of political activities
7. Protect people from injustice, oppression, misdeeds and partiality
8. Media acts a key role in building communal harmony within the country
Rebuilding social awareness: Role of Media
1. Media is playing a central role in molding a high-quality society to build up the public lifestyle and moving it on correct path, because it constantly try to side with the legitimacy and justice.
2. Media is acting a constructive role in rebuilding the equity and cultural communalism issues relevant to political and economical issues
3. Media acts as a bridge between the government and public to share the current information
4. Media build up the views of the politicians about the development of the country
5. Media is involved in performing educational programs to build up to motivate the people in education
6. Media acts a stress-relief tool for people via television, magazines, cinemas and other entrainment program.
Advantages of media
The novel thought behind the formation of different media means was to amuse people. Radio, TV, cinemas and magazines pay out the majority of their assets targeting on entertaining matter and programs. Because of the rising inhabitants and budding lifestyle, the stipulate for additional entertainment is growing. Every year billion of dollars is traded in entertainment industry.
News & Current Affairs:
One of chief duties of media at present is to notify the community concerning the most recent incident around them and the humankind. They cover up every aspects of our attention like climate, political affairs, battle, health, economics, science, fashion, music, etc. The need for more and more news broadcast has evolved into construction of committed TV & radio channels and magazines. People can pay attention, watch and read latest news whenever and wherever they desire.
Media is the overseer of the political structure. If it plays its role truthfully, it will be a vast strength in building the country. It plays a large role in bringing ordinary man close to their leaders. The media focuses in bringing particulars of most important political situations, decisions and scenarios. Therefore people can better be aware of their civil rights and make better decisions.
Because of the power media is so widespread and enormous, it can be used to teach people with very modest outlay. Imagine a classroom in every city with thousands of students being taught by just one teacher. But unfortunately, because of money-making approach of media and lack of interest by government, very less work is done in spreading the education.
Various authorities and agencies make use of the influence of media to extend instructive messages to community. This may comprise caution against a storm or epidemic, hindrance in arrival or departure of flights and trains, etc. In some cases, it is legally binding to publish notices in newspaper like tenders, change of property ownership, etc.
Almost all business concerns use the power of media to sell their products. They advertise in media for the enhancement of business purposes. Huge amounts of capital are invested in media for the promotion of a product. The more attractive the advertisement, the more people will consume it.
Disadvantages of Media
Even though there are lot of plus points for use of media but there are also many disadvantages associated with it. Media has the bad effect of inducing baseless ideas through advertisements. People are forced to buy harmful or substandard products. Sometimes, the Media develops unnecessary sensation and distortion of truth to attract attention. Because of its power to build public opinion, the influence of media can make or break the government.
Now-a-days media plays a crucial role in the society. It has important impacts on the mind of people of the society. Media has great impacts on the thinking way of people. Here it is shown that there are so many advantages and also so many disadvantages of media. So if media plays an advantageous role then it can progress the whole society.