Describe the Sales Tracking and Customer Relations Analyses? and to analyse a set of data, and write a brief report, identifying and explaining your insights into the operation of “The FedFone Co.”?
Businesses evolve around data, now a days, every business process of any organization generates a lot of data. Analysis of those data gives critical insight in the business process, future scopes and strategies etc. FFC or FedFone Co. is such a business in Ballarat area. It sells mobile phones, accessories, mobile phone insurance plans from 3 shops in the Ballarat area. Now the business is planning for expansion. Thus the owner wants to make new business strategies, improve customer relationships. In order to do so, the business needs to analyze the sales data from previous months.
In this section the outcomes of the sales data based on different criteria will be discussed. The total income, expense and profits will be analyzed by different combinations of the shops, staffs, phone models etc.
The company needs to pay $14 for postal charge, whenever, there is a phone repair. The phone manufacturing companies reimburse charge but that may be partially or totally. The income and expense from phone repair will also be analyzed.
1. Following pivot table shows the outcome of the analysis of total income based on different shops, staffs and phone modes. The sub totals of these three categories have been also there.
2. Following pivot table shows the outcome of the analysis of total expense of FFC, based on the shops and staffs. The subtotals of each of the two groups have been also there.
1. Following pivot table shows the outcome of analysis of total profit of FFC based on the shops, staffs and the phone models. The sub totals of each group also have been there.
2. Following pivot table shows the outcome of analysis of the repair income and expenses based on phone models, staffs and shops. The sub totals of each category have been also given.
In this section the outcomes of the analysis of sales information of FFC will be observed to find different best and worst cases. For example, the best and worst selling phone plans, the best and worst performing sales staff in terms of total sales, changes in total profit if the policy of charging for training service is changed etc.
1. Following chart shows the comparison of totals sales of different phone plans. The values will be observed to find out the best and worst selling phone plans. According to the chart, Optrus plan 1 and Vodrfon plan 2 are the best and worst selling phone plans respectively.
In this section the recommendation for FFC will be outlined. The recommendations are based on the current business process of FFC and the results from all calculation and observations carried out so far.
1. For improving the sales activities in future, FFC should take care of the different shops and staffs. All shops and staffs are not performing same and satisfactory levels. Particularly, FFC should focus on the sales activities in the Suburb area, on the sales staff like Ringo, who are not performing well, and on products other than phone models.
2. For improving the decision making activities, FFC should collect more information. Other than sales records it should focus on collecting customers’ demographics. These will help in building better customer relationships in future. The data should be collected in proper format and should be ‘cleaned’ before being used in data analysis.
3. Data validation restricts input to different fields and reduces the scope of erroneous data input, manual data entry errors etc. In the Sales datasheet, column A has dates. But there is no validation on the cells under this column. Thus anything other than a valid date can be entered. Also there may be outdated entry. A validation specifying range of possible inputs and proper format of the data will help in restricting the errors and data entry. In the column B, the valid input will be any mane of the three shops. But, there can be any string without proper validation. The valid input in column M should also be any whole number from 0 to 24. These validations in these columns will help in better record keeping and organizing.
Albright, S., Winston, W., & Zappe, C. (2010). Data Analysis and Decision Making. Cengage Learning.
Gross, D., Akaiwa, F., & Nordquist, K. (2013). Succeeding in Business with Microsoft Excel 2013: A Problem-Solving Approach. Cengage Learning.
Jelen, B. (2010). PowerPivot for the Data Analyst. Pearson .
Jelen, B., & Alexander, M. (2013). Excel 2013 Pivot Table Data Crunching. Que Publishing.
Ralston, B. (2011). PowerPivot for Business Intelligence Using Excel and SharePoint. Apress.
Winston, W. L. (2009). Microsoft® Excel Data Analysis and Business Modeling. Microsoft Press.
For years now, MyAssignmenthelp.com is providing affordable essay help to millions of students worldwide. Our essay assistance services have helped us in assisting students with even the toughest essay assignments. We take pride in the fact that we cater the best assistance to search terms like help me with my essay. We offer affordable services in the fastest way possible. For our fast delivering services, students trust us with their urgent essay assignment needs. Two of our most popular essay writing services are maths essay help and English essay help.
You are required to write a researched argument essay that convinces persuades the reader of your position / stance. This is an academic, researched and referenced document that demonstrates your understanding of the objectives of the course. The structure of the argument will follow the TOULMIN METHOD of argumentation.Read More
Executive Summary The purpose of this report is to elaborate the factors which are considered by individuals before selecting an occupation. Choosing an occupation is indeed a major decision of everyone’s life and it does give a shape to where he would be heading in the course if time. The report begins with a list of various occupations which have been going since the human civilization started though it has indeed changed its form to...Read More
Introduction With the increase enhancement in the field of technology, it has been considered essential by the businesses to implement such technology in their business processes. Further, the increasing demand from the customers regarding the better quality of products and services delivered to their doorstep has also necessitated for the businesses to implement the e-business strategy in their business processes. E-business which is common...Read More
Executive Summary In a merger & acquisition, role of an HR has emerged as a very critical function. At each stage of merger and acquisition process, HR plays a strategic role. The importance of role of HR part in integration of the merged companies should not be taken lightly and should be handled very carefully and with due planning. At pre acquisition stage, due diligence should be taken before the start of the process and HR must carve ou...Read More
Introduction In this competitive business environment where every business organization is trying to attract the customers of each other, it becomes essential for these organizations to remain competitive by innovating new ideas and thoughts, so that value added products and services can be provided to the customers. The motive of such organization in providing value added services to their customers, require their employees to be quite effect...Read More