Case Study: RealTech organization
RealTech is an information system organization is specializing in developing and deployment of new technology and information systems. The main strategic plan for this organization is to help organization stay current with new trends and technology capabilities in addition to provide excellent service to the customers. Currently, the RealTech includes the following departments: Marketing and Sales, Accounting and Finance, Research and Development, Management, IT support, and Human Resource.
A Supply Chain Management (SCM) application is currently used which was deployed ten years ago, as a client/server application using Java and Oracle. The SCM supports developing production plans, ordering hardware equipment from suppliers, receiving the equipment into the stores, manufacturing products, maintaining facilities, and shipping products to customers, inventory control, purchasing, and distribution. However, the integration of business functions operations is very poor and needs improvements.
Most of RealTech department face a difficult challenge keeping all their information systems current, effective and integrated. The SCM designed for outdated operational methods and typically lack modern technologies and features that some competitors have adopted to improve efficiency. The RealTech managers plan to replace the whole system with ERP software application.
Prepare a report to propose an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system software for the RealTech organization. Your proposal should consider the followings:
- Identify and differentiate four types of ERP software applications that provides integrate and efficient management of the business operations.
- Propose one specific ERP software application can be used by the RealTech to integrate and coordinate information in every area of the business. Justify your answer.
- Explain the main features of the proposed application that suit the RealTech business functions.
- Discuss how the new system help ease the transition for the organization.
- Discuss how the new application can help the main functional areas of the RealTech operations: Marketing and Sales, Supply Chain Management, Accounting and Finance, and Human Resources.