Discuss about the Security and Privacy Issues in Cloud Computing.
In the digital world, every organisation needs to connect their systems with a network that comprises of all its stakeholders. This helps in sharing of the data easily and improves the business processes (Zissis and Lekkas, 2012). Information has become keys to modern day business and hence it has become essential that any organisation set up various network infrastructures so as to store and share the necessary data. There are several risks that are also present with this network which needs to be ensured. This report highlights the information system case related with Dr Terry’s AAHS.
There are several stakeholders that are connected with the AAHS clinic. In order to share information with them, it has become essential for the organisations to make sure that they have used various network infrastructures. Strategic use of internet, intranet and extranet can help in various ways as it fulfils the requirements related with communication and collaborative working (Laudon and Laudon, 2016). Internet will help the clinic and the doctors to share the information like notes and prescriptions with the patients sitting at the far off distance. This will also help the doctors to take give medication that may not be available at their store but may be available on internet sites. With the use of internet they can connect to the clients and give them the advice regarding what first aid should be given to animals in case of emergency. This can be effective doe with the video calling feature.
Intranet will help the clinic in maintaining the inner communication between staffs as they can be updated about anything that need to be done. Intranet will help them in sharing data among their various units at different cities. In case any epidemic gets spread among animals then with the help of intranet they can easily work in collaborative manner so as to work together for eliminating it. Apart from this since there are many type of information that are generated in day to day operations. Not all but some crucial information needs to be provided to the stakeholders. For this the use of centralised data base or cloud computing software can be beneficial. When this is connected with Extranet, then stakeholders might get access to some crucial information which is of their work (Trappe, 2015). At the same time extranet ensure that only necessary information gets shared with the person. This provides high level of security to the information.
With the use of all the three types of network a better and immediate services could be provided to the clients. It also works in a manner to eliminate the confusions among the staffs in any case. Internet promotes learning mechanism within the organisation and hence all the stakeholders can earn from various sources within the organisation.
Change management importance
Change management is highly important in the case of any organisation that is expanding its IT infrastructure. Since AAHS clinic is expanding hence it has become essential for them to incorporate various types of IT mechanism so as to store, share and retrieve data from their operations. The changes that are going on inside the firm are the type of the network infrastructure they have, the organisation structure, communication mechanism, documentation techniques.
Since changes are never welcomed by the stakeholders because of the complexities it brings with itself hence it becomes highly essential for an organisation to manage the changes (Galliers and Leidner, 2014). Change management always ensures that no disruption comes to the organisation because of the proposed changes and employees also adopt it with minimum resilience. There are several ways in which needs to be done for managing changes at AAHS organisation. They are as follows:
- Communication: The first and foremost thing that needs to be done in any change management is to strengthen the communication by eliminating all the barriers (Kaisler, et. al., 2013). Josh King and Dr. Terry king who are the leaders of the firm needs to ensure that they had a conversation with all the stakeholders for eliminating the confusions in their mind regarding the changes that are going to take place.
- Training: This is another crucial aspect of change management. Since there are many new technologies that are getting incorporated within the organisation hence it is crucial that a proper training is provided to all the stakeholders (Fernández-Alemán, et. al., 2013). This is because the facts that network infrastructure are not easy to understand and operating it is not any job. If not used properly then there is always the chance of data leakages. This can be unintentional but can bring huge loss to the firm.
- Impact evaluation: It is the role of the Josh King and Dr Terry king to evaluate the impact that changes can produce and be ready with plan to reduce it. It is always essential for the leaders to provide support structure to the stakeholders so that they do not get depressed by the changes and adopt it.
Possible security and ethical issues
There are several ethical and security risks that are present with the implementation with new technology at the organisation (Al Ameen, Liu and Kwak, 2012). This issue arise because there will be lot of node that will get connected to the network infrastructure. If any node has weak security infrastructure, then it may lead to serious ethical and security issues. In the case of Internet, this is a bigger problem as there are many external hackers that are trying to access the data of organisation which could be of strategic importance. Some of the ethical and security issues are:
- Privacy: If the data related to the client’s gets leaked due to any information security flaws, then it leads to ethical issues (Stair and Reynolds, 2013). Privacy of stakeholders is very essential as any loss to it may be cause image failure of the AAHS clinic.
- Data loss: This is another major issue that is attached with the use of Information systems. As data cats as gold in the modern day business hence it has become crucial for the organisations to make sure that they do not loss. In another way if some external sources are able to corrupt the data then it may lead to generation of wrong information which is again dangerous for the firm at the time of decision making.
- Unauthenticated access: If the system or the network gets into the hands of unauthorised individuals, then there is a chance that they may use it for their personal benefit. This is not good for the firm in the competitive environment they are in.
There are several things that AAHS clinic can do for avoiding it:
- Use of extranet: The use of extranet helps the company to safeguard its crucial information at the same time providing the information that are essential for other stakeholders (Sen, 2015).
- Use of firewalls: There are several firewalls that can be used by the organisation so as to make sure that no malicious content could enter into their network.
- Authenticating systems: For ensuring that only authenticated individuals gets the access of the information, use of password protected systems could be beneficial.
- Employee’s training: It is crucial that an organisation provides training to its staffs so as to make sure that they do not unintentionally opens the gate for hackers to enter into the system.
- Information security policy: Since their network infrastructure is expanding hence it is crucial that organisation makes its information security policy (Frisse, 2010). In this all the rules and regulations regarding the information security must highlighted.
From the above report it can be said that AAHS clinic is expanding its network infrastructure as its information requirements have changed. Use of internet, intranet and extranet can help the firm to work in a better way. With the changes that are taking place in the organisation. It is crucial that they take proper steps for managing changes. With the implementation of new information system there are various ethical and security issues that arise and hence firm must take steps to eliminate it.
Al Ameen, M., Liu, J. and Kwak, K., (2012). Security and privacy issues in wireless sensor networks for healthcare applications. Journal of medical systems, 36(1), pp.93-101.
Fernández-Alemán, J.L., Señor, I.C., Lozoya, P.Á.O. and Toval, A., (2013). Security and privacy in electronic health records: A systematic literature review. Journal of biomedical informatics, 46(3), pp.541-562.
Frisse, ME. (2010). Health Information Technology and the Idea of Informed Consent. The Journal of Law, Medicine and Ethics, 38 (1), 27-35.
Galliers, R.D. and Leidner, D.E. eds., (2014) Strategic information management: challenges and strategies in managing information systems. Routledge.
Kaisler, S., Armour, F., Espinosa, J.A. and Money, W., (2013), January. Big data: Issues and challenges moving forward. In System sciences (HICSS), 2013 46th Hawaii international conference on (pp. 995-1004). IEEE.
Laudon, K.C. and Laudon, J.P., (2016) Management information system. Pearson Education India.
Sen, J., (2015). Security and privacy issues in cloud computing. In Cloud Technology: Concepts, Methodologies, Tools, and Applications (pp. 1585-1630). IGI Global.
Stair, R. and Reynolds, G., (2013). Principles of information systems. Cengage Learning.
Trappe, W., (2015) The challenges facing physical layer security. IEEE communications magazine, 53(6), pp.16-20.
Zissis, D. and Lekkas, D., (2012) Addressing cloud computing security issues. Future Generation computer systems, 28(3), pp.583-592.