Describe about the Commercial Cookery For Consumers and Employees.
Monitoring the workplace operations
While monitoring the operations in the restaurant, it should demonstrate a clear identification of the issues within the regular operations while the restaurant needs to ensure that the product quality offered to the customers is up to the mark. The restaurant will also ensure that both the service and products offered to the customers are high quality. It should be supervised whether the staffs of the restaurant are responsible and trusted enough to carry out the regular activities in the restaurant (Litchfield, Ford & Gentry, 2015). The individual and team performance of the employees should also be taken into account. In addition to that the safety of the consumers and employees should be verified so that it meets the WHS regulation. Also the hygiene and safety operations of the kitchen should be taken into account for offering the consumers a warm experience in the restaurant.
Strategy for communicating with the employees and the management
The strategies would include:
- The restaurant will make sure that the quality of the products and services would be maintained and it would not be compromised at any situation.
- The restaurant will maintain a daily record to keep the track that how the employees are performing. As the restaurant has re-opened, it should ensure that the quality of work is not compromised at any cost. The restaurant will also start a feedback gathering process that would help the management to judge their overall performance (Mone & London, 2014).
- The restaurant should also use the resources efficiently as that is a significant part of the sustainability of the business. It may reduce the fuel and energy consumption as that may help to reduce the production cost along with improving the environmental sustainability (Horng et al., 2013).
- The employees should be familiarized according to the fundamentals of teamwork. They should maintain cordial relationship amongst them and create a favorable atmosphere for working.
- Using the previous experience the manager would also coach the employees and provide them regular feedback as assisting them and helping them in reaching the goals would reinforce a positive atmosphere. It would also help in preventing issues to occur.
- Solution of the issues that have been detected while monitoring
While monitoring the manager has identified that the time frames for the table services are not met due to several issues such as performance of the employees, larger number of clients, slow operation of the kitchen and the front desk. However monitoring these issues the manager would come up with both the short term and the long term solutions to it. As a short term solution to the problems the manager would appoint more employees to the services that are lacking and operating in a slow manner (Breevaart, Bakker & Demerouti, 2014). If the restaurant allocates more employees to the service it would not take much time to complete. However the experience and the skill of the employees should also be taken into account as it tends to make a huge difference in offering a quality service. Therefore as a long term solution to the issues the restaurant should provide a training and development session for the employees so that they can be self sufficient in doing their jobs.
Breevaart, K., Bakker, A. B., & Demerouti, E. (2014). Daily self-management and employee work engagement. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 84(1), 31-38.
Horng, J. S., Liu, C. H., Chou, S. F., & Tsai, C. Y. (2013). Professional conceptions of creativity in restaurant space planning. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 34, 73-80.
Litchfield, R. C., Ford, C. M., & Gentry, R. J. (2015). Linking individual creativity to organizational innovation. The Journal of Creative Behavior, 49(4), 279-294.
Mone, E. M., & London, M. (2014). Employee engagement through effective performance management: A practical guide for managers. Routledge.