Select a topic from the list given below and conduct research (based on literature, at least three recent research papers) on any major aspect of this chosen topic and prepare a summary report with brief supportive descriptions to post on the forum/blog. In your posting you should provide information about the topic (discuss the topic, associated challenges & problems, describe the relevant technologies, applications of the technologies, clarify vague areas, research questions etc.)
Provide constructive feedback for (at least two) cohort colleagues and receive feedback from (at least two) cohort colleagues on your own report and make refinements accordingly.
Raise questions about the information provided by other students (this must be done in an adequately professional manner)
Respond to questions raised about your own information and that of other students
Contribute to discussions in general
Note that the aim of this task is:
1. to build an understanding and perspective of current hot topics in Information Security; and
2. to build generic skills including, but not limited to:
a capacity for teamwork and collaboration;
an ability for critical thinking, analysis and problem solving;
information technology literacy;
a capacity for lifelong learning and an appreciation of its necessity.
As such, the more you contribute to the development of these topics and related discussion the more likely you will score well in this task.
2. Biometrics for authentication: past. present and future
3. Web Browser Attacks
4. Recent trends in malware
5. Anomaly-based intrusion detection systems
6. Quantum cryptography
7. Privacy and security issues associated with Big Data
8. Smart device security
9. Internet of Things (IOT): Security issues and solutions
10. Threats to wireless networks and countermeasures
11. Security and privacy issues associated with social media
12. Security and privacy issues in cloud computing