Discuss about the System Analysis and Non-Functional Requirements.
Applications that are innovative can break the ice and fall in the places of the market, as they fail in meeting the non-functional requirements which are associated with the performances, response timing, and reliability. In traditional time, the architects mainly responded towards the non-functional requirements by mainly modifying the shapes of the infrastructures (Chung, Nixon, Yu, & Mylopoulos, 2012). my proposal of health record keeping software has been considered by the Australian government as an online portal that mainly contains the health-related records and the information of the individuals that are living in Australia. The Australian government has decided to start off with the application of the health records by offering the application like discussed in our proposal (Chung, Nixon, Yu, & Mylopoulos, 2012). For the purpose of the deployment of the system, the government is mainly planning to create and develop the systems in the environment of the cloud and also linking into online services and the information services.
The application software requires integrating the information of the medical agencies with the enterprise resource planning software (Reqtest, 2014).
For the purpose of deployment some of the non-functional requirements are:
- The applications expect to have potential user score of around 100000
- It is expected that the user will be able to avail the information related to the health in not more than a second with the help of high speed network.
- The cloud environment is expected to help in offering services 24 * 7
- The information related to the health will be connected through regulatory connections.
The software is considered as sensitive as the application will be interfacing with the ERP of medical hospitals (Chung, 2013).
Non-functional requirements of project
The software of health records on the cloud-based environment is expected to leverage the programming models for the purpose of managing the non-functional needs which are expected to relive the architect's application for some of the major tasks (Crudele & Castiglioni, 2014):
- Functionality: All the functional requirements of the system are related to the information processing requirements. The system will need a reporting, security and system management workflow for the purpose of functionality.
- Usability: The components can be utilized anywhere for the purpose of increasing the overall reliability. The main source will be the user. For the users to access the information of medical history, the system needs to be robust and the information should be easily communicative and accessible.
- Reliability: The reliability of the software of the health record project will be measuring the performance of the software. Reliability requirements are considered important as it eliminates the failure modes of the software. The cloud techniques are required to be robust, consistent and require integrating the system. Mean time to failures to be recorded every hour. The system is required to run 24 * 7 which is a reliability requirement
- Performance: Keeping higher interactions for the purpose of improving the performance is a common act. There is a requirement of handling at least 1000 transactions per second. Management of the load of the users is required to be done through horizontal scaling.
- Supportability: The health record project will be required to be handled by multiple human languages. This is a supportability requirement
- Others: The design will be requiring a relational database system. There will be a requirement of standards, platforms and implementation language for coding and construction.
- User Interface Requirements: There is a requirement of interface for interacting with external items. The cloud-based services are expected to scale by adding and removing the situations of the components in the virtual machinery that will mainly depended on the workload. The architecture of the application will no longer deal with the scalability bit will understand which component is needed to be scaled.
- System Constraints: The physical constraint of hardware to be used in this system implementation is to be noticed. There will be requirement of physical systems in offices for the access of information
- System Interface: In the software planning, the architect will be leveraging the technology. The software system will be user friendly. Just in one click the user will be able to access the medical records. In the case of cloud computing, one person is needed to assume the standardized technologies and having a limited basic choice. Disagreement on ten bases of the hardware and the software are to be eliminated (Crudele & Castiglioni, 2014).
Review of Cloud-Based Solution
Undoubtedly the software of the health record base information service will be helping in reaping a huge amount of benefits from the cloud computing activities. (Muhamad, Rosman, Ramzi, & Mohd, 2012). In this discussion, we will be throwing lights on the cloud-based solutions that will help in offering health record services (Episerver, 2013).
Advantages of the services of loud Based Solution
- Cost Saving: The most significant cloud computing benefits is related with information technology cost saving. Irrespective of the sizes and the types, the existence of the system will be leaning towards the information while the capital and operational expenses will be kept as minimum as possible. With the cloud computing system, the user can be easily able to save the substantial capital which will be costing with in-house server storages and the needs of the application. The discrepancies and lack of infrastructure related to premise also decrease the costs of the operations in the information of the power and the administrations. The architect does not have to worry about the invested information technology capital. Users have misconceptions that only medical organization can afford to utilize the cloud services; in fact, the cloud services are very much affordable by the small business (Stratosphere Networks, 2017).
- Reliability of the Services: With the help of the managed services, the services of the cloud computing acts as reliable and consistent to the in-house structure of the information technologies. The government of Australia and medical agencies will be able to avail benefit from the 24 * 7 availability of the cloud services of a massive pool of information.
- Manageability of the Services: The services of the cloud computing services the increased and simply management of the technologies of information and the management of the capability with the central administration of the resources and the infrastructure of the services will be managed by the vendor. The users will be able to enjoy the easy user interface for the purpose of accessing the software and application without the need of the installation of the SLA
- Availability of Strategic Edge: The enhanced computer resources will be offering a competitive edge over the competitors, and in time, there will be a need for procurement of the technology. The services of the cloud services will allow the agencies of the medical ground and Australian government to forget about the difficult technology and will be focusing on the keys activities of the business and the objectives. This will be helping in decreasing the time needed for the marketing
- Disaster management: The services of the cloud storage are helpful in managing the backup plan by offering the important files. The files are mainly stored in the locations and the files can also be accessed with the connections of the internet. The services of the cloud will be helpful in managing the file's access(Level Cloud, 2017).
Disadvantages of the Cloud Services
- Down timing of the cloud Services: The cloud service provider mainly becomes overwhelmed as many clients associated with the system are taken care of and even comes up with the ethical outages. Such services mainly lead towards the process of business that is suspended temporarily. Additionally, in case the internet connections get off, the user will not be having any access to the cloud services
- Security of the files: Though the service providers of the cloud services mainly help in implementing the better standards of the security still, the risk of external files are high. Use of the cloud-based technologies requires the users to offer the services with the access of medical information. Meanwhile, as the software will be open to being public then they will have to face security challenges on the routine basis.
- Vendors Lock in the Services: Though the cloud service provider mainly tries hard to offer flexible cloud services to access and integrate the information, still switching of the cloud-based services is not yet have been evolved.
- Limited Control Management: As the service provider is the person who manages and controls the services of the cloud-based system, there are least minimal controls on the transfers that are monitored over to the customers. The backend infrastructure is not managed by the customers directly
- Security of the data: There are high concerns for the safety of the history of the medical patients that will be available remotely (Big Data Made Simple, 2014). The possibility of the co- mingling of the private data is high
The system development life cycle has managed to remain steady fast and reliable approach to the software development.
The system development cycle exists in varied formations and is considered to be one of the oldest and widely used methodologies of the development of the software and the methodology acquisition in the technologies of information. Though the system of SDLC has been evolving since the old days but still, the ever changing environment has not changed the applicability of the system as yet. The system of SDLC is part of the communities of the technology of the information since the time of inception of the digital computers (CPE, 2000). In the old days, the treaties promoted the rigorous delineations of the required steps for the purpose of following the project of the software. The model of the waterfall is considered to be a known approach of the SDLC. In the methodology of the waterfall model, there is an interactive back step in the stages. Therefore, the model is considered as a classical approachable model of the SDLC (CPE, 2000).
The models support the sequential lines of the system. The development of waterfall has managed to have many kinds of objectives and goals for each and every development phase (CPE, 2000).
Advantages of application of the waterfall model in my health record
The benefits of the model of the waterfall system are that it allows for the segments of the departmentalization and control management. The model allows developing a schedule that is helpful in maintaining the proceeds through the development model phases.
Some of the main benefits of the waterfall model are:
- Ease of usage of waterfall Model: The model of the waterfall is very easy in understanding and utilization. After every stage gets complete, the model moves towards the secondary stage. This procedure of the model helps in completion of the task and make step process very less critical and cumbersome. The model is easy in implementation and even the resources that are required for implementation are minimum.
- Output generation: In a model of the waterfall, the results are mainly generated at every small stage and therefore such kind of model possesses a higher level of visibilities. The managers mainly possess the feel of having progress in the system. The main point is that the project of health records will be projecting the factors of project psychology.
- Management of Project: The model of waterfall plays an important and adequate role both at the internal levels and the levels of client. The reason behind this is that, it is very easy and outputs of the model are very visible after the development of the phase. Deadlines can be created in the model and evaluation in the process management mainly goes as per the milestones
- Methodology Management: The methodology of the model of the waterfall is very effective than the cumbersome approach for the development of the software. The methodology of the waterfall model is preferred by the users that consider quality more important than schedule and cost
- Optimum: The model works well for the projects wherein the requirements are very clear. The processes and results are very well documented(Bassil, 2012).
Disadvantages of applying waterfall model in my health record.
- No Reflection: The main pitfalls of the development of the model of the waterfall are associated with the fact that does not allow the reflections and the revisions. Once the application reaches the stages of the testing, it becomes very difficult to go back and the user finds it difficult to change the information that was not documented well (NPTEL, 2012). The model has minimum reflection and revision
- Indirect Iteration: The waterfall model fails in following the sequential flows and the iterations in the resources. As the project processes forward, the change can develop confusion
- Freezing in the Elements: In the waterfall model, there is a disadvantage of freezing of the software and the hardware but as the technology changes at a rapid pace and this kind of freezing is not that advisable in the longer projects (Lenz, Elstner, Siegele, & Kuhn, 2002). The model of waterfall technology mainly involves high risk (Lenz, Elstner, Siegele, & Kuhn, 2002)
- Non-suitability: The model requires perfect knowledge and learning from the user as it is technology based. The people who now not IT literates will find it difficult to work on the specifications (McMurtrey, 2013)
- Costly affair: The model moves from one stage to another stage after completion of one but unfortunately once the stage is complete it gets difficult to change the contents of the completed stage because of the lack of infrastructure in the development of waterfall. The process is a costly affair (Sparrow, 2017)
Which approach do u suggest and why?
Waterfall model will be suitable for the health project as the model testing and modification is done in the same phase and chance of defects are reduced (Periyasamy, 2013). In this model, a lot of paperwork is done as compared to other models. Hence the referenced documents are quite available through the life of the project. Whenever new team members will join, he/she will be having referenced comments for helping them understand the project. The model will be quite straight forward and it knows which phase the project is in. The model will help the Australian government and all medical agencies to understand the history of any patient and records of the diseases and patients (Tutorials Point, 2017).
It is considered that the careful specifications of the non-functional requirements that are associated with the performance of health record software are some of the critical sections of the system. Proper adherence and management of the non-functional needs to play important role in the success of the application. This mainly happens because: The software that will be offering health-related information is unique software that will lay the multitasking support and network availability. The constraints will be translating the strict bounds that are mainly being imposed on the characteristics of the operation. The system requires being operated in a successful manner in the spectrums of the conditions which are associated with the ranges of the supported screens resolutions. There will be need of interaction with the GPS system and camera (Muhamad, Rosman, Ramzi, & Mohd, 2012).
Bassil, Y. (2012). A Simulation Model for the Waterfall Software Development Life Cycle. International Journal of Engineering & Technology, 2(5).
Big Data Made Simple. (2014). 5 advantages and disadvantages of Cloud Storage. Retrieved from https://bigdata-madesimple.com/5-advantages-and-disadvantages-of-cloud-storage/
Chung, L. (2013). Non-Functional Requirements Functional Requirements. Dallas: The University of Texas .
Chung, L., Nixon, B. A., Yu, E., & Mylopoulos, J. (2012). Non-Functional Requirements in Software Engineering. Retrieved from utdallas: https://www.utdallas.edu/~chung/BOOK/book.html
CPE. (2000). Software Development Life Cycle. CPE.
Crudele, M., & Castiglioni, F. (2014). Manage non-functional requirements for cloud applications. Retrieved from IBM: https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/cloud/library/cl-bluemix-nfr/
Episerver. (2013). The Pros and Cons of Cloud Storage. Retrieved from https://www.episerver.com/learn/resources/blog/udaiappa-ramachandran/the-pros-and-cons-of-cloud-storage/
Lenz, R., Elstner, T., Siegele, H., & Kuhn, K. A. (2002). A Practical Approach to Process Support in Health Information Systems. Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association, 9(6), 571-585.
Level Cloud. (2017). Advantages and Disadvantages of Cloud Computing. Retrieved from https://www.levelcloud.net/why-levelcloud/cloud-education-center/advantages-and-disadvantages-of-cloud-computing/
McMurtrey, M. (2013). A Case Study of the Application of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) in 21st Century Health Care: Something Old, Something New? university of central arkansas.
Muhamad, A. I., Rosman, M. R., Ramzi, M. I., & Mohd. (2012). Conceptualizing Medical Application Software for Managing Electronic Health Records (EHR) and Cash Flow Management in Private Clinics. International Journal of Innovation, Management and Technology, 3(2), 151-155.
NPTEL. (2012). Basics of Software Life Cycle and Waterfall Model. IIT, Kharagpur.
Periyasamy, J. (2013, April). What is Waterfall model and list its advantages, disadvantages. Retrieved from Jobs and News Today: https://jobsandnewstoday.blogspot.in/2013/04/what-is-waterfall-model.html
Reqtest. (2014). Non-functional requirements. Retrieved from https://reqtest.com/requirements-blog/functional-vs-non-functional-requirements/
Sparrow, P. (2017). Waterfall Model : Advantages and Disadvantages of Waterfall Model. Retrieved from Ianswer4u.com: https://www.ianswer4u.com/2011/11/advantages-and-disadvantages-of.html#axzz4hbDHI2ib
Stratosphere Networks. (2017). Advantages and Disadvantages of Cloud Computing. Retrieved from https://www.stratospherenetworks.com/advantages-and-disadvantages-of-cloud.html
Tutorials Point. (2017). SDLC - Waterfall Model. Retrieved from https://www.tutorialspoint.com/sdlc/sdlc_waterfall_model.htm