1. No, there was no twitch response for 0mA. The force observed for the twitch response was at 3mA. Since, there was no force observed at 0mA stimulus, it shows that none of the muscle contracted. Thus it can be concluded that there is no response to Zero stimulus.
2. 3mA of stimulus current just produced a contraction i.e. 3mA is the threshold current. Though this is the threshold current but it doesn't produces the smallest contraction force. The smallest force is observed at 6mA.
Very small proportion of fibers in the muscle participated in the contraction as very less force, of magnitude 0.004, was produced.
3. 16mA of stimulus current was seen to produce the largest contraction of magnitude 0.035. However, on increasing the current there was a downfall in the contraction force. Also, multiple values of contraction force was observed at same amount of stimulus current.
A greater proportion of fibers in the muscles were contracting to produce this maximal response.
4. The fibers in the muscle didn't contract initially i.e. at 0mA. But as the current was raised and it reached up to the threshold current, small proportion of fibers contracted and a response was seen. Further when the current was increased a dip in force was observed till 6mA that shows lesser amount of fibers participated. Now on increase of current from this point a steady increase in the contraction force was observed and thus can be concluded that a greater number of fibers were contracting to produce a response (Hansson, 2012). Hence, we can conclude that on increasing the stimulus more number of fibers contracted.
5. Excitation of the fibers induces pain directly over the affected area and the pain spreads toward over a zone and local twitch response is seen. As the stimulus strength is increased the affected zone becomes larger and more number of fibers contract. This causes a variation in the twitch force and different forces are observed on different stimulus.
6. Table 1 shows the first and second response at different stimulus intervals. When the interval was 50ms, the response was undetectable. On increasing the interval to 100ms, the first response was difficult to trace but the second response was observed to be 0.012. First response was not observed until the interval was increased to 150ms. At this interval, first response was seen to be equal to 0.011. The second response was 0.017. On gradually increasing the intervals both first and second response were observed.
When the muscles were stimulated in rapid succession, two points were noticed. First, on increasing the stimulus intervals the response force decreased i.e. for shorter intervals a larger force was observed and for larger intervals lesser value of force was observed. Second, for the same interval, value of second response was larger than the first.
The minimum time required for the subject's muscle twitches to add together was 150ms.
7. Spastic paralysis is combination of paralysis, increased tendon reflex activity and hypertonia. It is commonly referred as tightness, stiffness or pull of muscles. Box-car shaped, bacterium Clostridium tetani is an anaerobic bacterium. It is Gram-positive. A potent biological toxin is produced, tetanospasmin, which causes tetanus. Some symptoms of this include painful muscular spasms that leads to respiratory failure and sometime causes death. Because of Clostridium tetani, unending spasms can start. Tetanospasmin discharged in the injury is consumed into the flow and achieves the finishes of engine neurons everywhere throughout the body. Focal sensory system is assaulted at a few locales, including nerve terminals, spinal string and the cerebrum and thoughtful sensory system (Connan, Denève, Mazuet & Popoff, 2013). Fringe engine neuron terminals are reinforced and poison enters the nerve axons and it spreads crosswise over synaptic intersections to the nerve cell body in the mind stem and spinal string until it achieves the focal sensory system where it quickly ties to inhibitory engine nerve endings. With lessened restraint, the resting terminating rate of the alpha engine neuron increments and it accordingly delivers inflexibility, unopposed muscle withdrawal and fit. A few gimmicks are an unbending grin, lock-jaw and inflexible, curved back. Seizures may happen and the autonomic sensory system might likewise be influenced.
Fatigue is not well understood. Some factors that have been proposed to explain the fall in force during fatigue include: changes in the 'sense of effort', loss of 'central drive', failure of neuromuscular propagation, reduction in calcium release in excitation-contraction coupling, metabolic changes in the muscle, and reduction in muscle blood flow owing to compression of blood vessels.
9. Prolonged exercise leads to mental fatigue and it also impairs the function of central nervous system. Sleepiness and mental fatigue are also seen due to build up of tryptophan. Individual muscle fibers respond to a stimulus with maximum force and sometime none at all (Marino, 2011). Muscle has to be relaxed once it gets contracted. Prolonged or repetitive contraction and relaxation of muscles causes fatigue and is familiar to anyone who is running and calf muscle feel cramps. With fatigue, there is a sense of weakness and even discomfort. The mechanism of fatigue is multifactorial and involves the central nervous system, peripheral nervous system, muscle units and individual muscle fibers.
Connan, C., Denève, C., Mazuet, C., & Popoff, M. (2013). Regulation of toxin synthesis in Clostridium botulinum and Clostridium tetani. Toxicon, 75, 90-100. doi:10.1016/j.toxicon.2013.06.001
Hansson, S. (2012). Maximal and perimaximal contraction. Synthese, 190(16), 3325-3348. doi:10.1007/s11229-012-0167-y
Ivarsson, N., Rundqvist, H., & Lanner, J. (2012). Endurance Exercise Increases Force Production in Mouse Fast-Twitch Muscles. Biophysical Journal, 102(3), 364a. doi:10.1016/j.bpj.2011.11.1988
Marino, F. (2011). Regulation of fatigue in exercise. Hauppauge, N.Y.: Nova Science Publishers.
Pearson, D. (2004). Muscle Fibers. Strength And Conditioning Journal, 26(1), 45. doi:10.1519/00126548-200402000-00013
To export a reference to this article please select a referencing stye below:
My Assignment Help. (2016). Twitch Response And Recruitment: Summation And Tetanus . Retrieved from https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/twitch-response-and-recruitment-summation-and-tetanus.
"Twitch Response And Recruitment: Summation And Tetanus ." My Assignment Help, 2016, https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/twitch-response-and-recruitment-summation-and-tetanus.
My Assignment Help (2016) Twitch Response And Recruitment: Summation And Tetanus [Online]. Available from: https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/twitch-response-and-recruitment-summation-and-tetanus
[Accessed 26 January 2020].
My Assignment Help. 'Twitch Response And Recruitment: Summation And Tetanus ' (My Assignment Help, 2016) <https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/twitch-response-and-recruitment-summation-and-tetanus> accessed 26 January 2020.
My Assignment Help. Twitch Response And Recruitment: Summation And Tetanus [Internet]. My Assignment Help. 2016 [cited 26 January 2020]. Available from: https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/twitch-response-and-recruitment-summation-and-tetanus.
MyAssignmenthelp.com is one of the noted service providers that deliver essay help. We provide tailored essay assistance to make sure that student gets online essay help exactly in the way they want it to be written. We at MyAssigemnthelp.com have built teams of consultants, who readily attend every query related to help me writing my essay. We provide essay writing help in forms of tips and steps in order o assist students with tough essay assignments.
Answer: Introduction The author attempts to shade light on the discursive issue of heritage. The author identifies dominant or the authorized discourse which forms the central point of interaction for a range of subaltern and dissenting discourses. The authorized heritage discourse creates specific set of social and cultural practices that contain legacies based on the late modernity context. The heritage discourse establishes who possesses r...Read More
Answer: The table below summarises the optimal cost of purchasing crude oil products for supply to the Fredonia state in the next 20 years Year Country Number of ships Total cost incurred 1 Saudi Arabia 6 USA 5 Australia 1 $481,300,000.00 2 Saudi Arabia ...Read More
Answer: Introduction Nowadays, there is a very common issue that is gaining the attention of the media. This is under weighing of canned products. It is claimed that the contents in the can have a net weight which is less than the weight specified on its label. This issue has been investigated in Australia on Tuna cans. Tuna cans are available in the market in two cans. These are Brand A and Brand B. Both the brands are of 100 gm net weight a...Read More
Answer: Introduction The Hewlett-Packard Company which is commonly known as the HP is one of the biggest IT Company in the world. The organisation provides global services of many different kinds of products, solutions, technologies and services to customers and businesses. The organisation is having several offices all around the globe which takes care of the business . This paper provides information about one of the major office relocat...Read More
Answer: Introduction Organisations have seen a lot of changes in the operating environment of a business concern for more than half a century. Nowadays manufacturing concerns produce varieties of di products with globalization impacting most organisations . With the modernization of the manufacturing concerns, a new form of costing called activity based costing is steadily replacing traditional costing methods (Dale and Plunkett 2...Read More
Just share your requirements and get customized solutions on time.
Our writers make sure that all orders are submitted, prior to the deadline.
Using reliable plagiarism detection software, Turnitin.com.We only provide customized 100 percent original papers.
Feel free to contact our assignment writing services any time via phone, email or live chat.
Our writers can provide you professional writing assistance on any subject at any level.
Our best price guarantee ensures that the features we offer cannot be matched by any of the competitors.
Get all your documents checked for plagiarism or duplicacy with us.
Get different kinds of essays typed in minutes with clicks.
Calculate your semester grades and cumulative GPa with our GPA Calculator.
Balance any chemical equation in minutes just by entering the formula.
Calculate the number of words and number of pages of all your academic documents.
Our Mission Client Satisfaction
I would not recommend this website to anyone - waste of my money and my time. And I demand my money back. Even grade 6 student can write better. Not a very good experience. In the end, I missed my deadline and did not submit. Not only bad and poor...
amazzzzinnnng job you guys did so good very happy to see my result and the hard work you guys put in
you guys do an amazing job!! keep up the good work I really appreciate you work and your hard effort
Detailed assignment. Reliable as always. Fully detailed assignment, also perfectly explained.