1. No, there was no twitch response for 0mA. The force observed for the twitch response was at 3mA. Since, there was no force observed at 0mA stimulus, it shows that none of the muscle contracted. Thus it can be concluded that there is no response to Zero stimulus.
2. 3mA of stimulus current just produced a contraction i.e. 3mA is the threshold current. Though this is the threshold current but it doesn't produces the smallest contraction force. The smallest force is observed at 6mA.
Very small proportion of fibers in the muscle participated in the contraction as very less force, of magnitude 0.004, was produced.
3. 16mA of stimulus current was seen to produce the largest contraction of magnitude 0.035. However, on increasing the current there was a downfall in the contraction force. Also, multiple values of contraction force was observed at same amount of stimulus current.
A greater proportion of fibers in the muscles were contracting to produce this maximal response.
4. The fibers in the muscle didn't contract initially i.e. at 0mA. But as the current was raised and it reached up to the threshold current, small proportion of fibers contracted and a response was seen. Further when the current was increased a dip in force was observed till 6mA that shows lesser amount of fibers participated. Now on increase of current from this point a steady increase in the contraction force was observed and thus can be concluded that a greater number of fibers were contracting to produce a response (Hansson, 2012). Hence, we can conclude that on increasing the stimulus more number of fibers contracted.
5. Excitation of the fibers induces pain directly over the affected area and the pain spreads toward over a zone and local twitch response is seen. As the stimulus strength is increased the affected zone becomes larger and more number of fibers contract. This causes a variation in the twitch force and different forces are observed on different stimulus.
6. Table 1 shows the first and second response at different stimulus intervals. When the interval was 50ms, the response was undetectable. On increasing the interval to 100ms, the first response was difficult to trace but the second response was observed to be 0.012. First response was not observed until the interval was increased to 150ms. At this interval, first response was seen to be equal to 0.011. The second response was 0.017. On gradually increasing the intervals both first and second response were observed.
When the muscles were stimulated in rapid succession, two points were noticed. First, on increasing the stimulus intervals the response force decreased i.e. for shorter intervals a larger force was observed and for larger intervals lesser value of force was observed. Second, for the same interval, value of second response was larger than the first.
The minimum time required for the subject's muscle twitches to add together was 150ms.
7. Spastic paralysis is combination of paralysis, increased tendon reflex activity and hypertonia. It is commonly referred as tightness, stiffness or pull of muscles. Box-car shaped, bacterium Clostridium tetani is an anaerobic bacterium. It is Gram-positive. A potent biological toxin is produced, tetanospasmin, which causes tetanus. Some symptoms of this include painful muscular spasms that leads to respiratory failure and sometime causes death. Because of Clostridium tetani, unending spasms can start. Tetanospasmin discharged in the injury is consumed into the flow and achieves the finishes of engine neurons everywhere throughout the body. Focal sensory system is assaulted at a few locales, including nerve terminals, spinal string and the cerebrum and thoughtful sensory system (Connan, Denève, Mazuet & Popoff, 2013). Fringe engine neuron terminals are reinforced and poison enters the nerve axons and it spreads crosswise over synaptic intersections to the nerve cell body in the mind stem and spinal string until it achieves the focal sensory system where it quickly ties to inhibitory engine nerve endings. With lessened restraint, the resting terminating rate of the alpha engine neuron increments and it accordingly delivers inflexibility, unopposed muscle withdrawal and fit. A few gimmicks are an unbending grin, lock-jaw and inflexible, curved back. Seizures may happen and the autonomic sensory system might likewise be influenced.
Fatigue is not well understood. Some factors that have been proposed to explain the fall in force during fatigue include: changes in the 'sense of effort', loss of 'central drive', failure of neuromuscular propagation, reduction in calcium release in excitation-contraction coupling, metabolic changes in the muscle, and reduction in muscle blood flow owing to compression of blood vessels.
9. Prolonged exercise leads to mental fatigue and it also impairs the function of central nervous system. Sleepiness and mental fatigue are also seen due to build up of tryptophan. Individual muscle fibers respond to a stimulus with maximum force and sometime none at all (Marino, 2011). Muscle has to be relaxed once it gets contracted. Prolonged or repetitive contraction and relaxation of muscles causes fatigue and is familiar to anyone who is running and calf muscle feel cramps. With fatigue, there is a sense of weakness and even discomfort. The mechanism of fatigue is multifactorial and involves the central nervous system, peripheral nervous system, muscle units and individual muscle fibers.
Connan, C., Denève, C., Mazuet, C., & Popoff, M. (2013). Regulation of toxin synthesis in Clostridium botulinum and Clostridium tetani. Toxicon, 75, 90-100. doi:10.1016/j.toxicon.2013.06.001
Hansson, S. (2012). Maximal and perimaximal contraction. Synthese, 190(16), 3325-3348. doi:10.1007/s11229-012-0167-y
Ivarsson, N., Rundqvist, H., & Lanner, J. (2012). Endurance Exercise Increases Force Production in Mouse Fast-Twitch Muscles. Biophysical Journal, 102(3), 364a. doi:10.1016/j.bpj.2011.11.1988
Marino, F. (2011). Regulation of fatigue in exercise. Hauppauge, N.Y.: Nova Science Publishers.
Pearson, D. (2004). Muscle Fibers. Strength And Conditioning Journal, 26(1), 45. doi:10.1519/00126548-200402000-00013
MyAssignmenthelp.com is one of the noted service providers that deliver essay help. We provide tailored essay assistance to make sure that student gets online essay help exactly in the way they want it to be written. We at MyAssigemnthelp.com have built teams of consultants, who readily attend every query related to help me writing my essay. We provide essay writing help in forms of tips and steps in order o assist students with tough essay assignments.
You are required to write a researched argument essay that convinces persuades the reader of your position / stance. This is an academic, researched and referenced document that demonstrates your understanding of the objectives of the course. The structure of the argument will follow the TOULMIN METHOD of argumentation.Read More
Executive Summary The purpose of this report is to elaborate the factors which are considered by individuals before selecting an occupation. Choosing an occupation is indeed a major decision of everyone’s life and it does give a shape to where he would be heading in the course if time. The report begins with a list of various occupations which have been going since the human civilization started though it has indeed changed its form to...Read More
Introduction With the increase enhancement in the field of technology, it has been considered essential by the businesses to implement such technology in their business processes. Further, the increasing demand from the customers regarding the better quality of products and services delivered to their doorstep has also necessitated for the businesses to implement the e-business strategy in their business processes. E-business which is common...Read More
Executive Summary In a merger & acquisition, role of an HR has emerged as a very critical function. At each stage of merger and acquisition process, HR plays a strategic role. The importance of role of HR part in integration of the merged companies should not be taken lightly and should be handled very carefully and with due planning. At pre acquisition stage, due diligence should be taken before the start of the process and HR must carve ou...Read More
Introduction In this competitive business environment where every business organization is trying to attract the customers of each other, it becomes essential for these organizations to remain competitive by innovating new ideas and thoughts, so that value added products and services can be provided to the customers. The motive of such organization in providing value added services to their customers, require their employees to be quite effect...Read More
Just share your requirement and get a customized solution.
Our writers make sure that all orders are submitted, prior to the deadline.
Using reliable plagiarism detection software, Turnitin.com.We only provide customized 100 percent original papers.
Feel free to contact our assignment writing services any time via phone, email or live chat.
Our writers can provide you professional writing assistance on any subject at any level.
Our best price guarantee ensures that the features we offer cannot be matched by any of the competitors.
Complete guid on proofreading and editing.
Get all your documents checked for plagiarism or duplicacy with us.
Get different kinds of essays typed in minutes with clicks.
Calculate your semester grades and cumulative GPa with our GPA Calculator.
Balance any chemical equation in minutes just by entering the formula.
Calculate the number of words and number of pages of all your academic documents.
Our Mission Client Satisfaction
Delighted to got my assignment done quickly, have not submitted yet but I love this service, and I pray for good grade if I submit it, then I\'ll come back and give exceptional feedback. Thanks. Hope there won\'t be any complain
My assignment was well done and I was really happy with the mark I have got. Thank you
it was very helpful. All my questions were answered above and beyond. Thank you so much for your help.
Great work always never fail me. I am 1000 percent happy always. The quality of work is just fantastic