Employability Skills Portfolio
Section 1: CURRICULUM VITAE
Address: 452- 0020, Australia
Cell Phone: 2549597988
Date of Birth:
Place of Birth: Australia
Visa Status: Active
Fluent Languages: Fluent written and spoken English, French, Spanish and Arabic
Seeking to secure an employment that utilizes my experience, personal skills and abilities in my field of specialization that offers professional growth while being resourceful, innovative and flexible so as to achieve organization’s set goals and objectives and also give my best of expertise to every assignment with an open mind, whereby hard work, dedication and ability to acquire new skills to advantage any institution I work for.
Employment History, Work Experience, and Career Achievements
Traineeship for a company that involved manufacture and export of clothes
Traineeship as an account manager in an international company 4 months
Traineeship in a bank in Morocco 3 months
Traineeship in a multinational export and import company 3 months
Prime Company May 2012- Dec. 2014
Key roles, responsibilities, and contributions
- Led a sales team in prospecting for new clients and conducting interactive marketing needs analysis to develop a client’s online marketing presence further.
- Reviewed needs analysis with prospects that featured organic and paid search results, social media marketing, email marketing, and display advertising.
- Coordinating the development of multiple events and tasks, web-based training and prime projects for Prime company marketing initiatives.
- Collaborated with both internal and external clients to ensure project specifications, deadlines, and budget guidelines were met or exceeded.
- Created and implemented full-scale accounts and marketing plan with winning marketing strategies and campaigns that achieved revenue targets in the company.
- Organized many highly successful events, from showcases to customer experiences to large-scale seminars.
- The re-branded organization developed new brand strategies.
- Improved productivity by sourcing and implementing Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems and solutions.
- Builds effective rapport with clients through showed interpersonal skills, able to gather information, persuasive arguments gain agreement and resolving the conflict.
- Played a key role in the company winning awards like National Business Awards and Customer Service Excellence Awards.
Trademark Company Jan. 2015- To Date
Key roles, responsibilities, and contributions
- Planned and created marketing solutions for different projects.
- Successfully led the accounts and marketing teams in diversifying from its traditional marketing and advertising channels to include social media marketing and mobile text marketing strategies and platforms that increased marketing Return on Investment (ROI) for our clients and also generating additional revenue sources for the company.
- Initiated, implemented, completed and closed several different projects for the company.
- Managed a group of associates to ensure that all project deliverables were achieved.
- Managed vendor relations, budgets, production timelines, and projects from inception to completion.
- Developed and implemented training courses to educate both the employees and clients.
- Liaised between clients and internal teams hence communicating client expectations and guidelines.
- Oversaw all managerial and administrative operations and functions in the company both internally and externally.
- Revised and implemented office procedures and coordinated necessary programs, and also facilitating resource allocations.
- Improved teamwork within the company by hosting interactive social events and team building activities, and also encouraging personnel to work together on projects.
- The coordinated interaction between various stakeholders including regional marketing, call center, and accounting units both locally and globally, facilitating the maximum profitability while considering regulatory compliance.
- Oversaw key projects to meet the deadline and client satisfaction through monitored progress against performance standards, resolved deficiencies and challenges and also keeping stakeholders informed of project status.
- Achieved client contentment by resolving incomplete project tasks by ensuring the application of practices and processes, and aim for continuous improvement to achieve successful and smooth business operations and functions.
- Managed assigned technologies through lifecycle management, business continuity planning, and management for return on investment.
- Diligently followed company policy and procedure, through showed integrity, honesty, commitment and reliable degree of qualification and specialist knowledge.
Core competencies and key strengths
With professional, expertise and friendly customer service of 5 years of experience, I adept at providing leadership and management, offering service to customers, resolving issues, ensuring good partnership and vendor relationships, and also ensuring high levels of customer retention. Seeking employment as a Accounts Manager, bringing skills and areas of expertise as follows:
- Strategic Planning
- Organizational Restructuring
- Team Building, Leadership &Management
- Business Set up
- Strategic Partnerships
- Cross-Cultural Work Exposure
- Change Management
- General Management
- Statutory and Regulatory Compliances
- Business Development
- Client Relationship Management
- Marketing Strategy and Analysis
Course Education Institution Period Grade (Achievement)
Post-Doctoral Training Uwe Bristol University 2016- To date Doctorate
Research and Training Uwe Bristol University 2011 – 2012 Certificate
Faculty of Business and Law Uwe Bristol University 2007 – 2011 Degree
Diploma in Information Technology Uwe Bristol University 2005- 2006 Diploma
High School Lycee Lyautey High School 2001- 2004 Certificate
Elementary Education Uwe Bristol School 1994- 2000 Certificate
Professional Strengths and Skills
- Possess five years of professional experience as an Accounts manager
- Possess excellent organization and management skills
- Proven track record in management level
- Ability to resolve complex departmental problems
- Goal oriented and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Possess extensive administrative and customer service skills
- Results driven and highly qualified and experienced professional
- Proficient in computer basic operating systems like Microsoft word press, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Outlook, and the Internet
- Ability to maintain a good relationship with customers
- Problem-solving Skills
- Able to work under minimal supervision and meet timelines
- Ability to work as a team member
- On-the-Job learning and self-management
- Integrated learning(Doyle, 2018)
Computing and Software: Office software (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Desktop Publishing (Quark Xpress and CorelDRAW)
Databases (Sales Logix, Siebel, and Lotus).
Software (Quick books and SAGE)
ERP (Microsoft Dynamics NAV)
Driving: Local driving license and International Driving License (IDL)
Honors and Awards: Employee of the year award 2016
Books, Publications, and Presentations: Journal on best accounting practices, analyzing and reporting.
Professional Memberships: Les 4 Pattes, which is an association that is against animal abuse.
Interests and Hobbies
- Reading business and inspirational Materials
- Nature walk and traveling
- Socializing and Community work
- Charity activities like running marathons, helping orphans, feeding the homeless, visiting and giving fund to retirement homes.
- Athletics(Corporate staffing services, 2015)
Luke Darwin Mark Harun Betty Thomason
General Manager Chief Finance Officer Senior Lecturer
Prime Company Trademark Company Uwe Bristol University
[email protected] [email protected] [email protected]
01728833934 09424262735 05344232267
Section 2: COVER LETTER
John M. Smith
452- 0020, Australia
19th November 2018
To The Human Resource Manager,
RE: ACCOUNTS MANAGER
As a graduate in Bachelor of Business and Law (Accounting and Finance option), I hereby express my interest for the consideration in the above-mentioned position to be part of the achieving and winning team in your organization. After reading through the job responsibilities and duties, I believe my expertise and experience position me as a perfect and suitable candidate for this role.
I am an Australian citizen aged 25 years. Having acquired knowledge and skills in commerce specializing in Accounting and Finance part which I have blended with computer proficiency, and also I had five years of experience in management level, proves my qualifications and background, and I would like to contribute in driving up performance and deliver results in your distinguished institution.
After contributing to the growth and success of two different firms in the past five years, I am seeking new challenges with a company in need of someone with exceptional planning, controlling, directing, leadership, and management abilities. (ResumeGenius, 2013)
As evidenced in the enclosed curriculum vitae my experience comprises of project management, Strategic planning, revenue growth, resource utilization, and cost reduction. My ability to analyze and identify consumer needs, doing presentations to prospective clients, and create unique and innovative solutions designed to yield profitable outcome has proven to be one of my greatest assets.
Having with credited with significantly impacting bottom-line profitability wherever I have worked, I excel at streamlining less-than-efficient procedures and policies to boost productivity and sales. Leveraged on proactive management of vital external relationships allowed me to increase revenue at a high percentage rate in a year. At my capacity, I also negotiated business deals and exclusive relationships in key market segment hence expanding the company’s share of that market by high percentage rate.
I know that my proven leadership skills, strong commitment to high ethical and professional standards, my effective communication and negotiation skills, knowledgeable in customer relationship management, and flexibility in devising proactive responses to change in technological and socioeconomic conditions, and capability in generating effective solutions on strict timelines would allow me to make a significant contribution to your company fraternity and team. I believe my past clientele and associates will be happy to speak and share on my accomplished projects and performance. (glassdoor, 2016)
With my ambitious attitude and dedication, complemented with my trained business background, has allowed and helped me to close deals effectively and maintain a large client base. With my outstanding skills and experience, I am committed to bringing the best for your company. I would welcome the chance to discuss and share my qualifications with you in more details on an interview. I know that you have a busy schedule, and have several applications to review. If you wish to schedule a meeting, please contact me. I will be grateful if your company would kindly offer me an opportunity to serve in your establishment in this capacity.
In the meantime, please know that I appreciate your time and consideration, otherwise thank you in advance.
John M. Smith
Enclosed is my curriculum vitae, academic and professional certificates, identification documents and other testimonials. (the balance careers, 2015)
Section 3: Continuing Professional Development Action Plan
Relevance- My current job requires me to provide leadership and managerial skills in the company for both internal and external operations and functions. By gaining competency, experience, and proficiency in this area, I will build confidence, which will result in more effective and persuasive communication, improved performance with positive results while executing my management roles and responsibilities.
Future plan/activities (with dates)
Sources of support/key contacts
1 Secure a position with opportunity for progression on demonstration of ability
· Read and understand written materials
· Understand charts and graphs
· Understand basic information
· Know how to solve problems
· Use research skills
· Use tools and equipment
· Use specialized knowledge and skills to get a job done
· Speak in the language in which business is conducted
· Write in the language in which business is conducted
· Use scientific methods to solve problems
Short Term(1 year)
· Training and workshops for development purpose
· Listing of all budget, equipment and staffing requirements
· To be able to develop problem-solving skills
· To develop analytical skills
· To be able to develop excellent and effective communication skills
· To be able to communicate fluently
· To be able to develop written and verbal communication skills
· To develop administrative skills
Analytical, logistics, innovation, processes, systems, project management
2 Develop into a senior role
· Attend work daily and on time
· Meet work deadlines
· Know personal strengths and weaknesses
· Develop career plans
· Demonstrate self-control
· Follow written and oral instructions
· Work without supervision
· Follow written and oral directions
· Learn new skills
· Identify and suggest new ways to get the job done
· Pay attention to the details
Mid Term (2-5 years)
· Employee enrichment as a result of achieving the set goals
· Detailed steps required to achieve the desired goals
· To be meet timelines
· To be able to work under minimal supervision
· To be able to instructions
· To be able to develop leadership and management skills
· To be a highly qualified and experienced professional
· To develop a proven track record in leadership and management skills and abilities
Technical, fundamental, psychological, interest rate futures markets, understanding of other investment techniques, Gained exposure to company strategy and daily performance management experience.
Chief Finance Officer
Trademark Company [email protected]
3 Head business unit/venture
· Actively participate in a group
· Listen to other group members
· Know the group’s rules and values
· Express ideas to other group members
· Be willing to compromise if necessary to best accomplish the goal
· Be sensitive to the group members ‘ ideas and views
· Be a leader or a follower to accomplish the goal best
· Work in changing settings and with people of differing backgrounds
Long Term (>5 years)
· Providing Project inception and completion timelines
· To develop team player skills
· To be a goal or result oriented
· To develop proven communication skills
· To develop results-driven abilities
Leadership, management, property, trading, research, business improvement,
Investigation of trading availability, laid the foundation for the more senior position, participation in opportunities to create and develop new business units or entry into new markets.
Uwe Bristol University [email protected]
(Allen, 2009), (Stemmer, et al., 2012)
Allen, M., 2009. What is Continuing Professional Development(CPD)? 6(2), pp. 4-9.
Corporate staffing services, 2015. Sample CV Format. [Online] Available at: https://www.corporatestaffing.co.ke [Accessed 19 November 2018].
Doyle, A., 2018. Formatting Tips for Your Curriculum Vitae. 3(2), pp. 3-8. glassdoor, 2016. How to Write a Cover Letter. [Online] Available at: https://www.glassdoor.com
[Accessed 19 November 2018].
ResumeGenius, 2013. How to Write a Cover Letter. [Online] Available at: https://resumegenius.com [Accessed 19 November 2018].
Stemmer, P., Brown, B. & Smith, C., 2012. The Employability Skills Portfolio. 3(5), pp. 6-14.
the balance careers, 2015. How to Write a Cover Letter. [Online] Available at: hhtps://www.thebalancecarrers.com [Accessed 19 November 2018].