describes how the efforts of one public, private, not- for-profit agency, or faith based group and you as a professional, can result in the realisation of a more just global community.
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an organization that was established in 1943 to serve the survivors of World War II in Europe by the Bishops. The poster will contain the benefits that are provided by the organization and the reflection of how it can help me (Feddersen et al., 2017).
Overview of the Organization
- The organization is a not-for-profit organization
- The mission is to help in the promotion of human development by fighting poverty and help in establishing peace in the society (Thompson, 2017)
- The organization focuses on instilling love between individuals by making them meet their needs and provide solutions for the injustice. The organization is present in many countries and preaches Catholic teachings to a wide variety of groups including secular institutes, government bodies and faith communities
- The organization works globally and is present in 101 countries worldwide
Contribution to the Common Good
- The organization educates the common masses and helps them in building their lives by following a proper path
- They help the individuals to know their basic rights and responsibilities so that the people can perform their duties in the society (Feddersen et al., 2017)
The organization provides the people an opportunity to grow within the society based on the present social conditions such as the political, cultural and economic
My Professional Contribution
- After graduating from my university, I could become a preacher in the Catholic institutions and impart my knowledge to make the society a better place to live in
- I would try to educate the common people by being active in their educational schedule and impart the current education so that they can remain informed
Feddersen, T., Feddersen, T., Torgerson, S., & Torgerson, S. (2017). US Food Aid: Cash or Commodities?. Kellogg School of Management Cases, 1-18.
Thompson, P. (2017). Report on the Post-Disaster Housing Training Program of Catholic Relief Services/Dominican Republic and OXFAM.