How will Wireless Charging for any Laptop will Eliminate the use of the Physical Chargers.
Our company was established in the year 2015 in Singapore. The company was established by four students of engineering. The main goal of the company was to commercialize a technology for better visions with more functions and innovating perfect products to the world with unique technology. The research study throws light on the assessment of innovation, unique ideas and designs from engineering in advanced technology of the future gadgets world. The company also possessed many plans for producing the products in factories and thereafter shipping the same to global market. This assessment is based on wireless charging for any laptop for a marketing director. The product assessed in this project will be focusing on offering convenient and reliable way for charging the laptops in the workplace and home. Wireless charging for any laptop will eliminate the use of the physical chargers and cables and the product will be cost effective and efficient over traditional cables. The product will be framed by utilizing the field electromagnet for the purpose of safety transfer of power from the transmitting sources. The principle of wireless charging for any laptop will be based on the resonance of magnet. Everyone with dying laptops wonders in frustration when our so-called wireless laptop will cut those umbilical cords of modern life. The project throws light on the assessment of such product.
Progress to Date Summary
Below is the progress of the project date to date summary
First week ( 20 Aug 2016)
· A group of three people was made and discussions in respect of innovation with the supervisors and teammates were made.
· This was done to analyze the innovation idea and the opinions of the people for the implementation of the idea.
Second Week (28 Aug 2016 )
· Allocation of the roles and responsibilities was done. This was essential so as to make everyone clear what they have been appointed for and what objective they have to achieve.
· Discussions in respect of rules were made so as to make every satisfied in respect of their roles and responsibilities.
Third Week (4 Sep 201)
· Discussion about the name of the company
· Thereafter discussing the individual product ideology with the supervisors. This is essential for making the ideology to be learnt in the minds of supervisors and thereby discussing the pros and cons of the same.
Forth Week ( 11 Sep 2016)
· Course work for individuals was drafted so as to make the employees feel clear and safe regarding the guidelines.
· A research was conducted for the individuals for the analysis of market. This was done so as to make the employees understand the concept.
· A thorough analysis was done in respect of the design of the product for the purpose of finalizing the feasibility of the design and its resources
· Discussion on optimum utilization of resources and curtailing of cost
Fifth Week ( 18 Sep 2016)
In the fifth-week work, completion finalization was made
Allocation of Responsibilities
Members of the Team: Our team comprises of four talented engineering students from Singapore. The name and role of the team members have been defined below:
- Xyu act as managing director of the project
- Myo act as intellectual director of property
- Jack act as director of engineering
- Abhishek act as director of finance
Name of the team: Our team name is Rino wireless, which was named after thorough discussion amongst the members of the team
Name of the company
A lot of time was taken by the members of the team for deciding the name of the company and finally they came to the conclusion of keeping the name of the company as Veeramakali which is known goddess of Singapore and the name is considered as popular one and hot in future time because of the cool innovation and new advanced technologies (Buchmann, 2012)
Allocation of Responsibilities
First of all, it was considered that every team member has their own responsibilities in their roles. Apart from the personal responsibilities the team members have to follow the project objectives so as to handle the working of the project in an effective manner. Members of the team act as pillars of the project without whom the company will not be able to withstand properly. Members of the team are considered as assets of the company as they are the ones who build the foundation of the company. The role of the engineering director is considered as one of the most important roles in the company. He will be responsible for the product quality assessment. He will have to take care of the assessment of the quality of product in an effective way. Director of marketing also possesses the responsibilities of operating business in the company. The finance director will be responsible for funding and allocating budget and banking. The finance director is required to do accounting and income management. He will be responsible for managing funds and to determine the allocation of the same for operational processing. The role and responsibility of the intellectual property director will be to look after the management of the copyrights and laws of the company. The intellectual property right director needs to take care of the process of copyrighting for the purpose of patenting and copyrighting the innovative products. It is necessary so that the innovation can be kept secure.
Role of the Marketing Director (Wireless Charging for any Laptop)
The marketing director holds the responsibility for organization's marketing activities and overseeing the development and delivery of the fully integrated strategy of the marketing for business. The marketing director has to look after the advertising, relationship with customers, product development, planning of event and research. Advertising comprises of the posters, websites, and leaflets. Relationship with customers comprises of feedbacks (Charter Selection, 2015).
Duties of the Director of the Marketing
- Development of the strategy of brand(Monster, 2017)
- Development of the marketing plan
- Responsibility of maintaining healthy relationships with the public
- Responsibility of researching new uses for innovative products
- Responsibility of maintaining technical knowledge
- Responsibility for distribution and advertisement
- The responsibility of services to customers
- Responsibility of developing and researching the database of the information of marketing
- Responsibility for managing the staff of marketing and through that the rules of company
- Responsibility of developing more opportunities for staff members
- Responsibility of utilizing the marketing led through business
- Researching and reporting external opportunities
- Understanding the potential customers
- Managing the journey of customers
- Development of strategy for marketing and plan
- Responsibility of managing marketing mix
- Responsibility of measuring the success and agencies
- Responsibility of ensuring timely deliveries
- Responsibility of writing copies
- Responsibility of approving images
- Responsibility of making customer forced decisions
- Development of the strategy of marketing for innovative product
- Overseeing the implementation of the strategy which comprises of campaigns, events and digital marketing.
- Working closely with the sales team which enables them to meet out the commercial objectives by offering them with adequate tools and materials
- Guiding the day to day activities of the team of marketing
- Ensuring that the objectives of marketing are implemented by the marketing team
- Working close with the team of the management for the purpose of defining the materials of marketing and programs
- Managing the social media presence and programs for improving the social media reputation and recognition
- Development and development of the marketing and communication strategies for the organization
- Undertaking the continuous analysis of the competitive environments and trends of consumer
Requirements of the role
- Entrepreneurial mind-set with the capability of spotting opportunities
- Confident and dynamic leader (Marketing-made-simple, 2016)
Project Management Issues
- One of the main issues in the project management of the team is related with the issue of language. Basically it is not the language that creates issue in the management of the project rather it is the use of varied accent that is used by team members. The team members of the project comprise of those people that have come from varied background. Each team member has a different cultural background and understanding. Not everyone in the team is familiar with the culture held by other person and this creates confusion and language issue amongst them. This is not intentionally created issue rather things just happen unintentionally as it is related to the culture.
- Another problem is related to the social issues. Some of the teammates are hard to socialize because of that it gets difficult to discuss the project effectively. Some of the team members are just not friendly
- On the other side, there are some connection issues which creates an issue in the management of the project. Our teammates need to touch each other to do the project in an effective manner. Some people cannot connect the laptop, so this issue develops delay in project
- Some people cannot do such jobs in teamwork as they do not want to get their responsibility. So, we are supposed to manage the issues carefully and clearly the responsibilities of every teammate
- Whatever issues we faced, are required to be solved while moving forward. Some of the teammates do not have the problem-solving skills and they are mainly afraid of going forward. So the colleagues need to help one another and our products will become best in the market.
- For the purpose of resolving the issues, brainstorming session was organized and each member of the team was called to discuss the issues and determine the measures for controlling the same. Through brainstorming it was analysed that members should be given informal time to spend with one another so as to understand their culture and understand one another. The action plan was implemented so as to enhance the understanding amongst colleagues (Lwin & Tun, 2015)
· Unique technology
· Compact designing
· User friendly
· Innovative styling
· Does not match current laptop technology
· The device occupies significant area
· Can also decrease quality by utilizing it for a long time
· It can have technical issues
· Development of new services
· Partnerships with business
· Every laptop requires charger
· Innovation in product
· Android supported
· Green energy
· Quality control
· Depends on the standardization of the wireless charging batteries
· Technology can be copied easily
· Competitive firms can easily copy the designs
· Competitive companies can replicate the design at low cost
Idea Generation and Assessment of wireless charging laptop for the three questions
My idea is related with the development of a wireless charging for any laptops. Now days a wireless charger is one of the most essential and necessary products in the whole world (IKEA, 2015)
The electrical technology is developing very fast around the world and a lot of people use laptops nowadays (Salat, Raich, Mahto, & Togarwar, 2013). So such devices require wireless charging facility and people will not need wires to connect laptops, no time to charge or forget to charge the device. therefore, the wireless charging is more important in daily life. Therefore I mainly wish to innovate the product of wireless charging for any laptop (Salat, Raich, Mahto, & Togarwar, 2013). I will and use inductive power transfer which requires resonance for achieving the coupling between the transmitters and recovering coils (Salat, Raich, Mahto, & Togarwar, 2013). The removal of the physical connection need, for lowering charging devices delivers number of advantages over traditional connectors (Salat, Raich, Mahto, & Togarwar, 2013). The product will be focused on being developed in such a way that it becomes quite convenient for the customers (Salat, Raich, Mahto, & Togarwar, 2013). At the same time, even the miniaturized quality of the product will offer issues around the charging and will possibly ensure that the power is supplied in such a way that is equally as convenient as the device itself (Salat, Raich, Mahto, & Togarwar, 2013).
Why is the product needed?
Wireless charging for any laptop is required for developing a wide ecosystem of the wireless charging device (Lu, Wang, Niyato, Kim, & Han, 2016). Wireless charging will eliminate the need for messy cords and offers more convenient experience by just letting the device on or in charging station (Telegraph, 2016). One does not need to remember where the cord was left (Telegraph, 2016) . The product will be able to integrate the device size and shape. Within the product, module charging can be implemented into smallest devices like the hearing aids, smart watches and much more (Telegraph, 2016). Everyone in the current electronic world has a lot of multiple devices that are required to be charged daily (Telegraph, 2016). A multiple device charging stations can keep the gadgets in one place and hide the non-aesthetic clutter of the cords. Today we have several laptops in the same room. Usually, most of the laptops have the same chargers; there can still be a difference when it basically comes to laptops (IBARK, 2016). Having a wireless charging device will allow charging any laptop simultaneously (IBARK, 2016). Having multiple devices charging station will not only help the customer to charge the laptops but also likewise devices (IBARK, 2016).
What functional, aesthetic & environmental qualities does your product need to have?
The product needs to offer reliable procedure of charging and even powering the laptops in the home and workplaces (Humavox, 2015). The product needs to use electromagnetic filled for safely transferring the power from transmitting source to receiving devices for the charging purpose (Humavox, 2015). The wireless charging for any laptop has two main functions (Humavox, 2015). They are (Humavox, 2015):
- Wireless charging feature
- Fast charging feature
- The product will support all laptops
The product needs to be based on magnetic resonance or inductive power transfer. This kind of procedure is considered as the electric current transfers that take place between two objects with the use of coils for the purpose of inducing the field of electromagnet (Humavox, 2015). This inclusion of the wireless charging capabilities won’t be driving an enhanced adoption of the laptops (Humavox, 2015). It will play a critical role in supporting the environmental sustainability of the future laptop (Humavox, 2015). The product should not have any kind of wire for enhancing convenience and aesthetic quality (Humavox, 2015). The wireless charging method allows devices to be re- energized while users are out. The wireless charger needs to be integrated is that it can still be slower and less effective than the traditional charger (Adrio Communications Ltd., 2016). This factor needs to be technologically dependent. As wireless charger cannot reach the efficiency levels of traditional charging, so the procedure tends to be slow (Qinside, 2017). The technology needs to offer convenient and safe charging devices as soon as it is placed on the pad of charging, which should have inductive charging system (Wang & Wei, 2015). As the technology advancements are rising, wireless charging is likely to become more and more convenient for customers (Ferris, 2012).
Who are your customers?
Everyone holds a laptop in the current time and each one finds it difficult to manage the cord of the charger (Marshall, 2015). Therefore, we will be targeting nearly all laptop holders as the product will be focused towards making the working of laptop holders easy. The product will offer convenience and quality to the customers (Powerbyproxi, 2016).
The wireless power transferring is now becoming more popular in the daily life. It is widely utilized in medical implantation and wireless sensor networks and it is suitable for the power battery charging as it can eliminate the troublesome plug-in process, offering inherent electrical isolation and adapts to harsh environments. The product will continue to rapidly expand; everyone is getting anxious to never have to plug in the laptop. Just simply place the devices on the furniture and work surface without any code is also becoming long awaited reality (Babcock, 2016).
By studying and learning the assignments, we can get knowledge regarding business and products. We can do the project faster and better with the strategy of teamwork and better communication. On the other side, we will be designing and innovating the product through our own skill. This assignment does offer lessons, knowledge and skills and it also offers chances to meet the teammates.
Adrio Communications Ltd. (2016). Wireless Battery Charging. Retrieved from Radio-electronics: https://www.radio-electronics.com/info/power-management/wireless-inductive-battery-charging/basics-tutorial.php
Babcock, J. (2016). Top 5 benefits of wireless power. Retrieved from Betanews: https://betanews.com/2015/07/30/top-5-benefits-of-wireless-power/
Buchmann, I. (2012). Charging without Wires. cadex.
Charter Selection. (2015). Marketing Director Job Description. Retrieved from https://www.charterselection.com/54/marketing-director-job-description
Ferris, D. (2012). How Wireless Charging Will Make Life Simpler (And Greener). Retrieved from Forbes: https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidferris/2012/07/24/how-wireless-charging-will-make-life-simpler-and-greener/#28e3e0313c35
Humavox. (2015). Wireless Charging Systems Advantages And Disadvantages . Retrieved from https://www.humavox.com/blog/wireless-charging-systems-pros-cons/
IBARK. (2016). The Pros and Cons of Wireless Charging. Retrieved from IBARK : https://ibark.com.au/pros-cons-wireless-charging
IKEA. (2015). Introducing Wireless Charging. Retrieved from IKEA: https://www.ikea.com/ms/en_US/pressroom/press_materials/USA_PR_Wireless_charging.pdf
Lu, X., Wang, P., Niyato, D., Kim, D. I., & Han, Z. (2016). Wireless Charging Technologies: Fundamentals,Standards, and Network Applications. IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials, 18(2), 1413-1452.
Lwin, K. S., & Tun, H. M. (2015). Design And Construction Of Wireless Charging System Using Inductive Coupling. International Journal of Technology Enhancements and Emerging Engineering Research, 4(6), 282-287.
Marketing-made-simple. (2016). Marketing manager role explained. Retrieved from https://marketing-made-simple.com/marketing-manager-role/
Marshall, G. (2015). This Is Why You Should Choose Wireless Charging. Retrieved from androidpit: https://www.androidpit.com/why-you-should-choose-wireless-charging
Monster. (2017). Marketing Director Job Description. Retrieved from https://www.monster.co.uk/career-advice/article/marketing-director-job-description
Powerbyproxi. (2016). Wireless Charging. Retrieved from https://powerbyproxi.com/wireless-charging/
Qinside. (2017). Is Wireless Charging worth it? Retrieved from https://www.qinside.biz/en/support/is-wireless-charging-worth-it
Salat, T., Raich, S., Mahto, S., & Togarwar, S. (2013). A Wireless Battery Charger for Mobile Device. International Journal of Emerging Trends And technology In Computer Science.
Telegraph. (2016). Wireless charging: everything you need to know. Retrieved from https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/11434736/Wireless-charging-everything-you-need-to-know.html
Wang, Z., & Wei, X. (2015). Design Considerations for Wireless Charging Systems with an Analysis of Batteries. Energies, 8(10), 10664-10683.