(1) Following the basics of writing comparison and contrast as discussed in class, develop a comparison or contrast paper on one of the topics listed below.
(2) Choose a method of comparison or contrast that best suits your subject and purpose (block or point-to-point). Complete the appropriate outline template to help you organize your ideas
(3) Working from your outline, write an analytical paper that clearly expresses your preference for one subject or the other.
Topics (choose one):
- Two magazines with the same target audience
- A movie and the book it is based on
- Your generation and that of your parents
- Two social-networking sites
- Traditional classroom learning and online learning