This assignment is designed so that it enables the student to demonstrate their understanding of the principles of website design and development covered in the module through the design and development of a website based on the given scenario.
Assume you are working as a web developer in a renowned web application development company. A London based new car dealer named “London Automobile Limited (LAL)” is demanding to develop a very basic website to promote its business. They start selling new and used cars to the individual customers. Initially, LAL is eager to present their and 5 new cars and 10 used cars including details information e.g. make, model, year, mileage, car type, colour, engine size, fuel type, gear type, number of seats, price and additional features.
A website must be supported by different browser and accessible in differ devices e.g. Mobile, Computer, Tablets. Based on your knowledge and expertise in web development, you have to design, develop a user interactive website based on their requirements. The client also wants SEO and content analysis for attracting users. You are free to make any assumptions but your assumptions must be related to restaurant/cafe business.
The recommendation for designing and developing the website:
1. You must need to create a design document with appropriate principles and standard guideline to produce a branded, multipage website before developing the website
2. The Website should have around 3-5 pages, each of those pages should use similar style, so that the pages look like they belong to the same website. And every page must have meaning title and relevant contents. Each HTML page and CSS should pass the W3C validation. You must use at least one external style sheet.
3. You should have a consistent navigation for all pages and organize all the pages in a good structure. Your website should be easy to use, easy to read; background colour, front end colour, table, form etc. should be properly managed and organized.
4. you should create a contact us page and place the Google map in the contact page
5. You should have a customer enquiry form on your website (only front-in, you don’t have to write any server-side code) which must have text box, label, combo box, radio button, check box, command button, list box etc.).