These are those which are often used by your tutors to set your essay questions. Instruction words provide the critical instructions for answering essay questions and guide you in which direction you should approach to solve the query.
Here are the commonly used key instruction words and what you need to do:
1. Analyze: Break an issue into its constituent parts to assess its depth, nature proportion and function. Implement supporting arguments and sources to back the topic.
2. Compare: Seek for similarities and inequalities between two events, ideas and perceptions. Hunt for those similarities and differences that are valued most in terms of importance.
3. Clarify: Resolve your doubts and simplify the ideas you are dealing with. Try to define the complex ideas in simpler terms and identify variables between two ideas.
4. Comment upon: Pick out the main topics on a subject and share your point of view on them with logic and references.
5. Critical analysis: Give your verdict on a topic or argument or research in terms of its strength and weaknesses by examining how you agree with them. Justify your final choice on the basis of your decision.
6. Define: Cater to precise, clear and authoritative connotations. A brief citation rather than details are required. Mention the differences of a particular object or issues from others.
7. Diagram: Present a chart, drawing, plan or graphic interpretation in your answers. A diagram with explanation is expected from you.
8. Discuss: Pose an outlook with both interpretation and description. Keep in mind that your opinion should be backed by authoritative evidence.
9. Demonstrate: Exhibit the methodologies to support certain point and conclude on a certain idea. Examples should be there to endorse your views.
10. Distinguish: Identify the differences and distinctions in the list of the ideas and arguments in order to classify them.
11. Elaborate: Provide more information and details in order to explain the ideas more precisely.
12. Examine: Investigate in details the key facts and important issues regarding the topic. Critically analyze the reasons that have forced your opinion and explain how relevant they are.
13. Interpret: Express your understanding of the issue and topic with the help of quotations or certain terminology by an author and findings from research work. Present your judgment on the issue.
14. Give an account of: Demonstrate a detailed description of an object in your study. Do not confuse it with ‘account for’ which means not only what, but how.
15. Justify: Put up a case by presenting evidences to advocate your ideas, different perceptions and points of view. Examine those opinions which may appear contrary to your thoughts before stating the conclusion.
16. Relate: Identify relations between the ideas, concepts or topics by showing the connections and accords between them. Describe the results in detailed manner for better understanding.
17. State: Specify the high points in brief rather than using clear narrative form. Cite evidence and examples where appropriate.
18. Summarize: Yield a concise statement on the highlighted facts without giving any long description. Brief and general examples are adequate for this criterion.
19. Trace: Keep track of the development process or find out the history of things or events depending on the latest to the earliest evidence.
How Myassignmenthelp.com helps in essay/assignment writing?
Myassignmenthelp.com has earned a positive reputation among the students of Australia UK and US. The essay experts will guide you on the approaches you should take by evaluating the essay question. 3000+ subject experts are capable of providing essay writing help and online assignment help. Dissertation and thesis help services are also offered to students.