CIS5000-Research Methods for Computing and IS
Description of the task
This assignment aims to help students create a robust background in academic writing and research skills, through real-life research and evaluation of ICT and Digital Services. These skills are important and will ensure for the students, an in-depth understanding of the Job Market of ICT. The following issues are indicative for the research study:
1. Broadband networks and business opportunities
1. WiFi and digital integration.
2. Open Data and business opportunities.
3. Data privacy and data regulations.
4. ICT skills and job opportunities.
The assignment should include the main parts of a research paper.
The research design, the method for data collection and the methodology for the analysis of data should be described.
Hand in details
The coursework is due at the end of Week 12 and is worth 100% of the students’ grade. The module is supported via Moodle. The assignment must be submitted via Moodle before the deadline.
A successful assignment should include:
· All main Research Paper parts (abstract, introduction, methodology, data analysis, time plan and cost estimation, conclusions, references).
· Data analysis, which must combine quantitative and qualitative analysis. Students’ choices must be justified accordingly. The type of analysis should also be described thoroughly.
· A well written literature review, clearly showing an organized research of the most relevant literature.
· Clear discussion of the research questions.
· A well thorough-out, and justified methodology.
· A time plan with activities and milestones.
· A discussion of the findings and how they will contribute to the relevant area of computer science.
After completing this assignment, students should be able to:
· Understand the research topic and state the aims and associated objectives.
· Discuss relevant literature and construct appropriate research questions to drive the research.
· Propose appropriate research methods for the collection, analysis, and presentation of data.
· Consider costs and occasions those impact the overall timeframe of a project.
Students should ensure that their work is trying to answer the following research questions:
· Why should we care about this work?
· How will it contribute new knowledge to the area?
· Who is going to conduct various parts of the research?
· How will the data be collected?
· Is the data qualitative, quantitative, or mixed and why?
· How are the data analyzed and why?