ENGT5115 Sustainable Development
Assignment A: Energy in Sustainable Development Goals
In this module you will find that the world economy is on an unsustainable path and fundamental changes will be required to create sustainable pathways. In September 2015, the United Nations General Assembly has adopted the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) and associated targets. These goals build on the Millennium Development Goals and are presented as a ‘plan of action for people, planet and prosperity’. The goals if fully realised will transform our world for the better by 2030. Energy has risen to prominence in recent times within global debates and one of the SDGs now focuses on energy. In addition, energy has an implied role in some other SDGs as well. It is therefore important to understand the role for energy contemplated within SDGs and recognize the challenges in achieving them by 2030. The core requirement of the assignment is for you to demonstrate that you have gained a critical understanding of sustainable development as it is discussed in academic and policy literature, and, from the evidence provided, as it is practiced particularly in the area of energy. This assignment assesses your progress in developing the skills of material selection, structuring an essay and referencing. It also assesses your understanding of the subject and your ability to present your ideas in a coherent manner.
This assignment encourages you to
1) think about the role of energy in SDGs,
2) identify the main issues that may arise in achieving SDGs relevant to energy (i.e. SDG7 and other SDGs where energy plays a role) and
3) suggest any possible ways of overcoming these challenges.
1. Select at least two academic, peer-reviewed journal articles of your choice, published after 2015/16, dealing with the role of energy in the SDGs.
2. Write a short paper, not exceeding 1000 words (excluding bibliography and abstract), to critically analyse the articles selected in step 1 to discuss the role of energy in the Sustainable Development Goals, highlighting the main issues that may arise in achieving the SDGs that are relevant to energy (i.e. SDG 7 and other SDGs where energy is relevant) and suggesting any possible solutions to the issues. Your paper should demonstrate that you meet the learning outcomes listed below and that the work is in accordance with all of the notes and guidance that follow. You can use, with appropriate citation and referencing, the materials available on the Blackboard and your own further reading to write the paper.
Successful completion of this coursework will demonstrate:
l Understanding and critical awareness of the concepts of sustainable development and/or sustainability as encountered in current research and policy debates;
l · Ability to use relevant information to explain and defend arguments
l · Deliver appropriate and balanced conclusions
l · Ability to structure argument in a clear, concise and appropriate style for a postgraduate academic essay
l · Demonstrate appropriate referencing skills
MyAssignmenthelp.com is a reliable college essay writing service provider that students can trust to overcome their academic problems. With a team of most efficient and hardworking assignment writers, we are capable of providing fast essay writing services in more than 100 subjects. Students, who decide to take urgent essay help from us, are guaranteed to receive completed essay assignments within any short time limit. Some of our popular essay help services include application essay help, argumentative essay paper help, literature essay assistance, etc.