MOD003345 Operational and Project Management
Knowledge and understanding obtain an understanding ofthe problems faced by operations managers and the techniques currently available to help solve these problems;
Intellectual, practical, effective and transferable skills understand the basic concepts of operations management as they pertain to products and processes and develop problem solving skills for operational management decision making.
For this interim assignment, students are required to attempt the first THREE consultancy tasks, contained within the case scenario. Each task will be marked out of 10, plus there will be another mark for the overall quality and professionalism of the report document.
• This assignment must be completed individually.
• You must use Harvard referencing system.
• Your work must indicate the number of words you have used. Written assignments must not exceed the specified maximum number of words. When a written assignment is mark being awarded for the piece of work.
• Assignment submissions are to be made anonymously. Do not write your name anywhere on your work. Write your student ID number at the top of every page.
• Where the assignment comprises more than one task, all tasks must be submitted in a single document.
• You must number all pages.
In order to achieve full marks, you must submit your work before the deadline. Work that is submitted late – up to five working days after the published submission deadline - will be accepted and marked. However, the element of the module’s assessment to which the work contributes will be capped with a maximum mark of
Work cannot be submitted if the period of 5 working days after the deadline has passed (unless there is an approved extension). Failure to submit within the relevant period will mean that you have failed the assessment.
Guidance and the specific criteria for each scenario question will be published to the student within the case study.
The general assessment criteria for the entire assignment are as follows.
• Knowledge and understanding of various theories, tools and techniques within the field of operations management and project management.
• The ability to select and apply tools and techniques in the context of a specific scenario
• The ability to present a coherent and practical solution in a clear and informative manner, close to the standard expected from a professional management consultant
The general assessment criteria relating to the knowledge and understanding and intellectual skills, as listed in the relevant Anglia Ruskin assessment criteria and marking standards are appended below. Specific guidance will be provided to students on areas, topics, concepts, theories etc. during the course of the module.