Learning Outcomes: Knowledge and Understanding tested in this assignment:
1. strategies available to an organisation to enable the creation and maintenance of value;
2. the financing choices available to organisations and the relevance of capital structure;
3. the financial and operating risks faced by organisations and the strategies for mitigating these risks;
4. the specific issues relating investing and raising finance on an international basis.
Learning Outcomes: Skills and Attributes tested in this assignment:
5. analyse financial statements and interpret the results in the context of value creation;
6. critically evaluate capital investment proposals both domestic and international including estimation of component and overall capital costs;
7. devise strategies for identifying and managing foreign exchange risk and the risks of international investment;
8. devise financial strategies for enhancing enterprise value.
Feedback /Marking criteria for this Assignment
Performance will be assessed using HBS Grading Criteria and Mark scheme.
Guidance for improvement will be given in writing on the Assessment Feedback Form or on the StudyNet Feedback Form within 4 weeks of submission.
Late assignments up to one week late will be reduced by 10 grade points per day will receive a maximum numeric grade of:
Plagiarism offences will receive standard penalties.
Description of the assignment: The Coursework involves the analysis of an investment proposal using the mini case study: - ‘Hatfield Manufacturing Systems plc’ which can be found on the module Studynet site in ‘Units’ along with detailed assessment criteria.
Student Support and Guidance
·For further help, contact your module leader in their drop-in hours or by email.
·Use the Grading Criteria and Mark Scheme to help improve your work.
·Go to CASE workshops, use the CASE website and drop-in hours
·Academic English for Business support is available through daily drop-ins from the CASE office. See the CASE workshop timetable on the CASE main website page for details.
Make full use of Library search to identify relevant academic material and the ‘Subject Toolkit for Business’ which contains links to other Information Databases and the Information Management contact details.
The Coursework involves the analysis of an investment proposal using the mini case study: - ‘Hatfield Manufacturing Systems plc’ which can be found on the module Studynet site in ‘Units’ along with detailed assessment criteria.