MACE12112 Civil Engineering Practice
• all questions carry the same marks
• Reference material is provided separately.
• Make necessary assumptions and state them clearly in your answers
1) There is a plan to construct water treatment plant in a small city. The available options, for the main treatment process, are direct chemical coagulation (using iron and aluminium salts), reverse osmosis, and electrocoagulation. Choose one of these options, and explain the reasons behind this choice. Additionally, give four advantages and four disadvantages of the selected method. Consider the following conditions:
a. The available area and budget for this project is relatively small.
b. The available roads in this area are relatively narrow and crowded, which makes it difficult for big trucks to pass through. (100%)
2) Part (a):
i) Using a flow chart, identify the four stages of the Life cycle assessment (LCA) framework and the relationship between them. (15)
ii) Describe what is required at each of the four stages. (20%)
iii) Describe three applications of LCA results. (20%)
Part (b): For an LCA to identify the major environmental impacts of road construction:
i) For each of the four stages, give one example requirement. (20%)
ii) Identify at which stage the following items should be addressed and give an example;
- system boundary (5%)
- functional unit (5%)
- impact categories (5%)
- sensitivity analysis (5%)
- audience. (5%)
3) Provide a critical overview of greenhouse gas reduction policies, how these meet sustainable development goals and critically analyse how a combination of technologies can lead to meet the 0 carbon emission goal by 2050 (100%)
MyAssignmenthelp.com is acknowledged for providing best assignment help at affordable price. With our urgent assignment help, students never miss their deadlines. Our highly skilled and qualified experts are capable of crafting premium quality online assignment help solutions within shortest deadlines. Hence, MyAssignmenthelp.com has emerged as the one-stop solution for all those who need assignment help within short period of time.