Purpose of the Assessment
This assignment has been designed to allow students the opportunity to explore the underlying importance and application of marketing concepts to benefit a given organisation.
You are required to produce an essay that demonstrates your understanding of this key aspect of strategic marketing.
The essay should have:
• a sound theoretical and conceptual perspective, containing evidence of critical debate with reference to appropriate academic literature
• sound examination of STP and its application in industry, with evidence, showing an effective practical foundation
• generic management recommendations.
On successful completion of the module, participants will be able to:
Knowledge and Understanding
1. Justify, using robust practical and theoretical evidence, the application of marketing across a variety of orgainisational contexts
2. Demonstrate knowledge applied to evaluate marketing practice in relation to the cross-functional aspects of business & management with the goal of enhancing long-term shareholder value.
Subject Specific skills
1. Synthesise complex organisational based information, together with dynamic external data into effective marketing lead strategies.
2. Demonstrate an ability to work effectively in a leadership role in order to carry out marketing tasks linking theory to practice
1. Make discriminating use of a range of learning resources in order to solve organisational marketing related problems
2. Communicate the solutions arrived at, and the thinking underlying them, in verbal and written form.