By leveraging the international business/politics literature and concepts, you will offer them a country business environment risk report, which assesses the business environment in this country.
Please choose one of the following countries: Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa. Please note that you do not have to explain why you have chosen one country over another. The lectures in this module will highlight many of the specific challenges and risks of investing and operating in a foreign country, especially in emerging markets and transition economies.
Your report should reflect these issues.
This report should be a maximum of 3,000 words and should be properly structured so that you have an introduction, discussion and conclusion. Furthermore, you must provide a references section and to acknowledge the sources that you have used in the report. This report should be based on the guidelines as follow:
1. Political environment may include but not be limited to the following aspects: form of government, political stability, foreign policy, state companies, and level of terrorism.
2. Economic environment may include but not be limited to the following aspects: economic system, state of development, economic stability, GDP, international financial standing, monetary/fiscal policies and foreign investment.
3. Regulatory environment may include but not be limited to the following aspects: legal system, prevailing international laws, protectionist law, tax laws, role of contracts, protection for proprietary property.
4. Social/cultural environment may include but not be limited to the following aspects: social structure, language, education and religion.
5. Then you should discuss the benefits and challenges of your customer’s decision of entry and investment in the country, and offer suggestions for their investment and operation in this country.
These references are only starting points and provide introductory information only. Students should find further information and references to support your arguments. Use of internet materials and official reports is highly encouraged but you must reference fully any material quoted in your report.
The following criteria will be applied to assess your performance. Use of academic concepts and theories
• The extent to which academic materials have been incorporated
• Depth of reading and application
• Relevance of the content
• Demonstration understanding of knowledge
Quality of reflection, interpretation and evaluation
• Depth of reflection
• Breadth and depth of issues analysed
• Logical reasoning, analysis and debate
• Quality and depth of appraisal and interpretation of data and academic materials
Structure and clarity of presentation
• The logic, clarity and rationale for the assignment structure
• The clarity of the points made
• Correct use of referencing style.
• Word count is indicated and within the limit.
• No appendix is allowed.