BIOE221 Clinical Examination
Overview of the assignment task
· For this assignment, you will be presented with 2 detailed case studies.
· Each case study will be followed by a series of questions which you will need to answer.
· The questions are designed to assess your clinical approach/reasoning from a clinical examination perspective. The clinical framework used for this assignment is based on the clinical reasoning approach you were taught in session 8, and again in session 13.
· For this assignment, you will be required to explain/justify your clinical decisions based on the presentation of the client, relevant signs and symptoms, and your developing differential diagnosis.
· Whilst this is not a research-based assignment, any references you use in preparation of your assignment must be cited using the APA referencing style.
· The focus of this assignment is on your assessment/evaluation of the client from a clinical examination perspective. You should not discuss treatment aims or treatment plans for the clients presented.
On initial observation Gary is obviously overweight, likely to be obese. He appears older than his stated age. He is alert and orientated to time, place and person. When moving his face expresses pain, likely coming from his back, and you note he walks with a limp that appears to be affecting his left leg. He generally appears to be pale, although you note obvious blood vessels across his nose. When he speaks there is a coarse quality to his voice and audible breathing. Skin temperature is cool to touch.
Is the overall presentation of Gary’s case acute or chronic? Explain your answer using the presenting signs and symptoms. Also discuss within your answer specific aspects of Gary’s presentation that you would consider acute or chronic.
Considering Gary’s presentation what would you consider to be the priority examination to perform on him?
For the priority examination that you have selected in question 2, using the correct order of the examination, describe the findings that you would expect to obtain while performing this examination, briefly explaining the differential diagnosis you are considering.
MyAssignmenthelp.com boasts a team of talented and experienced thesis helper who are capable of providing best quality thesis help services. Our wide range of thesis writing services include assistance with writing and structuring top-quality thesis, help with research, topic selection help and editing and proofreading help. Students can get any of these services at cheap price. Despite charging cheap from student, our thesis writers never compromise with the quality. They efficiently answer students queries pertaining to can someone help me with my thesis paper.