1. Demonstrate basic understanding of the behaviours within organization and applying those concepts to improve a real work related issue pertaining to work attitude and behaviour.
2. Use field research to study various work related behavioural attitudes through survey and interview
3. To diagnose and prescribe corrective measures to improve the work environment.
You are asked to draw on concepts from the course to explain exactly why this co-worker is so ineffective, and how you and his/her supervisors might react, given that knowledge. The paper should be 1500 words in length (all inclusive).
Organisation and methodology:
Your paper can focus on either a current co-worker or a past co-worker. The co-worker should be a real person, as opposed to an amalgam of multiple individuals. Moreover, some portions of the paper work better if the co-worker is of a similar hierarchical level to you--as opposed to a boss or a supervisor.
The paper should include the following three sections:
1. Background - Describe the co-worker.
Give enough detail that it’s clear why you feel the way you do about this person, with enough richness that the section “brings the person to life” for the reader. Feel free to omit or disguise any details that might be sensitive in nature.
2. Explanations - Drawing on key terms from Chapters 4 & 7 of your book
Provide an explanation of why, in your estimation, this employee has low levels of job performance and/or organizational commitment. Given the strict word count, you’ll need to strike a balance between breadth of coverage (i.e., the number of key terms mentioned) and depth of coverage (i.e., how detailed your use of a given key term is in explaining the employee’s attitudes and behaviours)
Please find below the content of Chapters 4 & 7
Chapters 4 &7 Hospitality Leadership & Organizational behaviour
Chapters 4 Job Satisfaction
Job satisfaction defined
• Value-percept theory
• Job characteristics theory
• Mood and emotions
• How important is job satisfaction?
Chapter 7 Trust, Justice, and Ethics
• Types of trust
• Using justice to gauge trust
• Using ethics to gauge trust
• How important is trust?
Flowing out of the key terms discussed in the previous section, describe what the top managers or leaders in the company could do, very specifically, to improve the performance and/or commitment of your co-worker. Then describe what you, personally, could do to make this co-worker more effective. Finally, answer the following questions: Is this employee a “problem that cannot be fixed” to some extent? If so, describe what the top managers or leaders in the company could do to avoid similar problems in the future.
Beyond the parameters above, please bring your own self-expression, initiative, and creativity to the content and style of the paper.