CCJ4700 Research Methods in Criminal Justice
Read the Chappel, Monk-Turner, and Payne (2011) article and write a brief essay that responds to the following
1. Why did these researchers conduct this research? What did they hope to learn?
2. Would you classify this research as exploratory, descriptive, or explanatory? Would you classify it as pure or applied? Explain your answers.
3. To what extent has this topic been studied by previous researchers?
4. How did the researchers collect, analyze and interpret their data?
5. What are the researchers’ findings?
6. How did these researchers add to the body of knowledge on this subject?
7. How might this research affect the practice of criminal justice?
8. How would you improve this research and/or conduct additional research to further expand the body of knowledge on this subject?
This article may be used for research, teaching, and private study purposes. Any substantial or systematic reproduction, redistribution, reselling, loan, sub-licensing, systematic supply, or distribution in any form to anyone is expressly forbidden. The publisher does not give any warranty express or implied or make any representation that the contents will be complete or accurate or up to date. The accuracy of any instructions, formulae, and drug doses should be independently verified with primary sources. The publisher shall not be liable for any loss, actions, claims, proceedings, demand, or costs or damages whatsoever or howsoever caused arising directly or indirectly in connection with or arising out of the use of this material.