PROJ6004 Contracts and Procurement Discussion
1. Critically evaluate the risks associated with contract and procurement management approaches and make recommendations to global project sponsors with regard to ‘best practice’ in this area.
2. Apply judgement and initiative in the development of ‘best practice’ contract and procurement process for global project management, identifying the external factorsthat need to be considered and mitigated for in every instance.
Assessment 1 Part A and Part B will involve discussion board contribution by individuals exploring the following key issues:
1. Typical procurement and risks required to be managed for complex projects;
2. Specific financial risks from the Case Study project (use research information,initiative and judgement);
3. Possible risk mitigation actions that relate to the Case Study project and how these relate to better practice guidelines
4. Areas for further vendor negotiations and management - to achieve a successful contract completion.
5. Areas of key accountability for Project Manager and Procurement Manager in facilitating successful outcome for the Case Study project;
6. The questions for discussion board are formulated to critique the above topics and bring out ideas thoughts, develop solutions and ensure students active participation, leadership, feedback, cooperation and time-management aspects.