A visa is an official document which authorizes a person to enter a foreign country and stay there for a finite period of time. It is issued by the immigration authority of the respective country through a complex set of procedures and methods. If you aspire to complete your higher education overseas then you will require a student visa. The visa requirements differ substantially from country to country. But most of the students like you are not aware of all the visa requirements, procedures and obligations. This detailed guide is an initiative to help all the prospective international students with their visa queries. From filing the exact visa form to procuring the student visa after the interview, it includes all. This guide is the ideal manual for the students who are looking to study in the prestigious colleges and universities of USA, UK, Australia and other prominent educational hubs of the world.
Every year countless students apply for the student visa while only a few secure them. The reason is many students are not confident and they don’t have complete knowledge about all the requisites for a student visa. This visa guide is the ideal source of assistance for all the students who are looking to study in the most prestigious locations of the world and need comprehensive advices. All the data and information of this guide are accumulated from the best and reliable sources. It is based on the latest guidelines and requirements issued by the respective countries.
This visa guide deals with every problem that the student might face and provides the best solutions to it. The guide follows a definite sequence and it can be conveniently used by any student. It is segregated in proper sections according to the country it represents and follows a systematic route to provide the best and concrete solutions to the students.
USA is one of the most preferred destinations for international students. It is the home of globally reputed institutions which are known to provide the best education to the students. All the students are advised to apply as early as possible to ensure that their visa gets issued prior to their date of departure to USA. The students who intend to study in the colleges and universities of the USA must follow these guidelines. Before applying for the US visa, the students need to take the necessary permission from the respective institution in USA. The students need to fill up the Form I-20 which will include their detailed information. Form I-20 (Certificate of Eligibility for Non-Immigrant Student Status) needs to be filled by the students applying for F-1, F-2, M-1 and M-2 visas. Any academician needing J-1 or J-2 visa will need to fill up the Form DS-2019. When the college or university sanctions the appeal of the students, they will provide the approval documentation to the students. This official permission is one of the primary requisites for getting the visa in USA.
The office of the immigration has compiled a list of the basic requirements to help the aspiring hearts get a US student visa. Any international student who wishes to study in this country must be:
1. The student must get properly enrolled in the academic, vocational or learning program.
2.The student must procure clearance from the US Citizenship and Immigration services.
3.The students must clearly understand — even if not proficient in — American English.
4.The respective student should have sufficient resources and funds to meet the cost of the academic program and residential expenses.
5.The student should adhere to all the requirements and specifications according to the respective visa status.
The USA, commonly known as United States, offers myriad options for the students who wish to pursue their education in this country. Any foreign national entering US need to have a valid visa unless they belong to the visa-exempted countries or visa waiver program countries. The visa is procured from the United States Diplomatic Missions of the respective country. The US authority provides four kinds of visas to the students depending on their course, curriculum and their duration of stay. They are:
It is the most common form of visa document issued to all the international and non-immigrant students who visit USA with the sole purpose to pursue higher education. It is issued by the US embassies and consulates situated outside the USA. The F-visa is further segregated into three categories:
F-1 Visa: F-1 Visa is issued to all the prospective full-time college students
F-2 Visa: Referred to as dependents, the F-2 visa is issued to the spouses and the children of the F-1 visa holders
F-3 Visa: F-3 Visa is provided to the border commuters who reside in their own country but pursue their education in USA. These forms of visa are granted to the citizens of Mexico and Canada.
Any person who seeks to attend high school to university education will need an F-1 Visa. Other than on-campus jobs, people with F-1 card holders are not allowed to work in USA without prior permission. The holders of F-2 visa can also enroll themselves in high schools and graduation with the necessary permission from the concerned authorities.
Any student who visits USA to attend the vocational and technical schools needs to reserve M-1 visa. Before applying for the M-1 visa, the applicant must furnish the Form I-20 to the US embassy. This I-20 form will be the proof that the respective student has fulfilled all the requirements necessary for the vocational training. The students with M-1 visa can remain in the country for fixed duration. Generally, the duration of M-1 Visa ranges up to one year which may be extended only on medical grounds. The spouse, dependants or parents of M-1 visa holder will get the M-2 visa.
The students of M-1 visa are also barred from working in the country. They cannot change their visa status to F-1 with the exception of special situations.
The J-1 visa is a special form of non-immigrant visa issued by the US authority to the research scholars, professors and exchange visitors. It is especially issued to the people who visit USA to participate in programs like cultural exchange, medical courses, business training etc. The applicants must fill up the specific form DS- 2019, meet the eligibility criteria, be proficient in English and the respective program must be sponsored by a verified authority (university, government, private entity). If their spouse or other dependants accompany the applicant, they will receive the J-2 visa.
The holders of J-1 visa can remain in USA for additional 30 days after the termination of their program. It is known as grace period. People who are entitled for J-1 visa are trainee, interns some secondary school students, scholars etc.
These are the three main categories of visa statuses provided to the students who visit USA with the objective to complete their higher education or other specialized courses.
Every application for the student visa is processed in US consulates of the city or the US embassies. The application process involves a series of steps. If you are an aspiring student, follow the steps precisely. The steps may differ slightly depending on the country, consulate and the applicant.
Step 1: Enrolment in the SEVIS
1. When the students apply for higher education in the institutions of USA, they first need
to enroll themselves in the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) through the
2. When their application is accepted, the students pay the SEVIS I-901 fee.
3. They also receive the form I-20 from the respective institution which needs to be filled and submitted to the consular officer within the set time limit.
Step 2: Filling up the DS-160 form
1. All the non-immigrant visa applicants should determine the visa type they are entitled to according to the stated norms. The students should always choose the correct visa category.
2. After they have selected the accurate visa category, the students need to complete the DS- 160 form. It is the Non-immigrant Visa Electronic Application Form.
3. It is submitted online and the printed confirmation should be brought for the interview.
4. Every student needs to complete the form accurately and all the information provided must be authentic.
5. If you are the applicant, it is better to consult the guidelines of completing the DS-160 form. It will include all the personal details, passport details, background & health information with a recent photograph uploaded.
6. The immigration authority of USA updates the requirements from time to time. You should always follow those necessary requirements precisely.
7. The photograph must be of the specified format and size. As this DS-160 form is completed online, once submitted it cannot be rectified.
Step 3: Payment of Visa Fee
1. After submitting the DS- 160 form, the applicant must pay the requisite amount of the visa fee. This fee confirms the application which is non-refundable and non-transferable.
2. Upon the successful fee payment, the automated receipt gets generated. The students are anointed a specific date and time of the visa appointment interview.
3. The applicant entitled for F-1, J-1 or M-1 visa need to pay $160 (subject to changes) as visa fee. The generation of the receipt may take up to two business days to complete since the payment of the fees.
Step 4: Confirming the Visa Appointment
1. After procuring the receipt of the successful payment of the visa fee, the students need to login through their profile.
2. In the respective dashboard, there is an option of Schedule Appointment. Clicking on it will start the processing of scheduling the appointment.
3. Every applicant needs to go through two appointments, one at the visa application center and the final one at the respective US embassy or consulate.
4. In the visa application center, the fingerprints and the photo of the applicant will be taken.
5. The final visa interview will be taken at the embassy or consulate.
Step 5: Visa Interview
1. Before appearing for the final visa interview, the students must have accomplished the visa centre appointment.
2. It is mandatory that the applicants visit the office according to the specified date and time failing which they need to schedule the whole procedure again.
3. This interview is mandatory for the people belonging to the age group 14-79. Children and aged are generally exempted from the visa interview.
4. In the interview, the applicants must bring all the necessary documents.
1. The passport with a validity of more than six months beyond the intended period of stay in United States.
2. DS- 160 confirmation and appointment confirmation pages
3. SEVIS I-901 fee receipt and documents
4. Supporting documents according to the category of visa status
5. Photographs if the photograph uploading failed during the submission.
1. Academic certificates received from school and college and the statement of marks of the public examinations
2. Proper identity proofs and documents evidences that the applicant will return to the home country after the completion of the course
3. Financial evidences and sponsorship details to meet and cover all the expenses with original bank statements
4. Academic documents if the student is selected through merit examinations organized by the American institutions.
The respective consular officer in the department will evaluate each of these documents individually. So, the students are advised to provide authentic information in all the papers with accurate documents. Any form of false representation of facts can result in permanent ineligibility to receive USA visa. The officers also look into application and consider their professional need, social and cultural factors. Accordingly, they provide their final verdict of approving the visa. But sometimes they can also deny and discard the visa application. The grounds of visa denial are discussed in proper section.
Sometimes the students need to extend their stay in country. Though every form of visa carries an extension with it, still it may not be sufficient for the applicant.
1. When the students need to extend their visa in USA, they must file their request to the concerned US Citizenship and Immigration Services through the form I- 539.
2. This form must be duly filled and submitted to the concerned authority before the visa tenure expires.
3. If the file is submitted after the completion of authorized stay expires, the request will not be entertained.
4. The authority recommends the students to apply at least 45 days before the visa expiry.
The extended visa will be sanctioned under the following conditions:
1. The passport remains valid till the intended period of stay
2. Within the stay, the concerned applicant has not violated any rules or conditions of admission in the country
3. The reason for the extension must be on the grounds of medical issues or deferral of pursuing course.
However, the students who are in USA under the visa waiver program are not entitled for the extension.
1. The passport remains valid till the intended period of stay
2. Within the stay, the concerned applicant has not violated any rules or conditions of admission in the country
3. The reason for the extension must be on the grounds of medical issues or deferral of pursuing course.
However, the students who are in USA under the visa waiver program are not entitled for the extension.
The applicant must be covered under a proper health insurance. Known as Overseas Student Health Cover, they should take the insurance from certified and authorized insurance providers only. With the insurance, the applicant must possess sound health during the time of visa allotment.
English Language Proficiency
All the applicants must have strong English language knowledge and they should understand the lexical differences of Australian English. The performance of the student applicants will be judged on their results of:
1. Test of English as a Foreign Language Internet Based Test (TOEFL iBT)
2. Pearson Test of English (PTE)
3. Certificate in Advanced English Test (CAE) also known as Cambridge English Test
The passing marks of these exams are provided in the respective government website.
The applicants with their assessment level 1 and 2 are exempted but the students with lower assessment level must provide a character certificate during the interview. The certificate is the proof that the applicants have a clean record from any form of criminal and fraudulent activities. They can procure the clearance certificate from police station or from the previous attended institution.
Along with these qualifications, the students are required to provide these below mentioned documents:
1. Visa Application form (hard copy) and the details of its submission
2. Passport with the validity of above six months from the termination of the pursuing course
3. Personal documents including birth certificate and identity proof
4. Recent passport sized photographs
5. Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment received from the education provider
6. Academic certificates, statement of marks and work experience documents
7. Evidence of financial stability to bear the cost and expenses in Australia.
The applicants may require producing other relevant documents as decided by the concerned consular officer or according to the respective assessment level.
The student visa fee depends on subclass of visa, the age of the applicant, duration of stay and their home country. The basic application charge is $550, the charges if applicant age is above 18 are $410 and if the applicant is a minor then it is $135. However, it is advised that as these charges tend to change any time, it is better to consult the visa fee structure during the time of application.
With the student visa, the students also get the permission to engage themselves in part-time jobs in Australia. However, there are certain instructions and directives. They must follow all the rules including the limit of working a maximum of 40 hours each fortnight.
Australia has always remained among the top three countries for higher education. Over thousands
of international students board the flight to Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide every year to complete
their studies and professional training courses. The international students who aspire to study
in the prestigious institutions of Australia need to apply for visa to the Department of Immigration
and Citizenship of Australia or DIAC. This office is under the direct control of the federal
government of the country.
It operates an Overseas Student Program (OSP) under which the non-Australian students can apply and seek residence for studying in the country. The visa will be granted only when the student avails a registered and full-time course. A registered course can be learning or a training course offered by any Australian institution certified by the government. The whole Australian education system is divided into four tiers, namely:
3. Vocational education
4. Training and Higher education
Any person who wishes to get an Australian visa must fulfill some general requirements before the
visa application procedure starts. These primary requisites are:
The applicant must hold a good character preferably without any criminal record from the past
2. The applicant must possess a sound health when they apply for the Australian visa
3. The applicant should not have any form of debts in Australia
4. The applicant must get an Overseas Student Health Cover issued by a verified insurance provider.Accomplishing all the above-mentioned criteria is compulsory before the student-applicant steps forward with the visa application.
The Australian Student visa regulation has separate sub-classes according to the pursuing course and educational sector. If you wish to study in Australia, then you need to apply in the appropriate visa sub-class based on the chief course of study.
The international students who undertake the English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students
(ELICOS) in Australia are eligible for this form of visa. It is a standalone course where the
students cannot pursue other registered educational program.Subclass 571 (Schools)
The students who apply to pursue their education in the Australian schools will get an Australian student visa with the subclass 571. The applicants intending to study the following programs are eligible for it:
1. A primary schooling
2. Secondary school course or
3. An approved secondary school exchange program.
The Australian government also issues student visas for the students who apply for Vocational Education
and Training (VET). They are eligible for Subclass 572 visas. It covers the certificates of I,
II, III and IV, Diploma and Advanced Diploma.Subclass 573 (Higher Education Sector)
It is the most common form of student visa where every year countless applications are processed. The subclass 573 provides visa to the students to wish to complete their higher education in Australia. It covers:
1. Bachelor degree
2. Associate degree
3. Graduate certificate
4. Graduate diploma
Many students around the world apply wishes to complete their post graduation in the renowned universities of Australia. They need to complete their visa application with the subclass 574 category. With this form of visa subclass, they can pursue Master’s, research programs and doctoral degree in the different subjects. Some post graduation programs may fall under the subclass 573. The students should consult the respective authority before finalizing their category.
It is a special form of visa status provided to certain applicants by the Australian government for
special courses on global issues and their solutions. It is a full-time course where the students
should not have any other form of engagement. Generally, the students from the developing nations
can apply for this program. It is completely sponsored by the federal government.
These are the chief categories of student visa provided by the Australian government to the international students.
The concerned DIAC department reviews each of the visa applications of the basis of their individual
merit. In a step to further simplify the process and to provide fast and effective services the
Australian authority has instituted Assessment Levels for each of the visa applications. It will
also make the process transparent as the applicants themselves will realize their position. Though
there are five levels of assessment, the applications of all the prospective students are categorized
into three levels, namely AL 1, AL 2 and AL 3. These assessment levels are determined on the
basis of immigration risk of every application.
Applicants with AL 1 will have the lowest immigration risk whereas the applications with the maximum immigration risk are given AL 3. In some extreme circumstances, the students may be awarded their Assessment Level in the category of AL 4 and AL 5. It means they have the highest immigration risk and face the maximum chances of visa rejection. It is also referred as a statistical indicator as the students of every country are assigned separate assessment level based on certain factors and qualifications. The most important factors which determine the assessment level of the applicant are:
1. Country of residence and citizenship
2. Pursuing course
3. Educational sector
The students who have the lowest immigrant risk, i.e., they are assigned AL 1 need to submit minimum
evidences and documents. The applicants with AL 3 need to submit highest level of evidence to
support their claims to study in Australia. The respective authority always does a comprehensive
risk assessment from time to time. Accordingly, the Assessment Levels for the students may change.
The students can visit the government website to get the latest information about the student
visa processing assessment levels. If the parents, spouse or any family member accompanies the
student to Australia, they are entitled for the same assessment level which is provided to the
But sometimes the applicants can procure the Australian visa without being assigned an assessment level.
Under this streamlined student visa processing, the aspiring student is not assigned an assessment level, rather they are considered to have the least immigration risk and accordingly the process is continued. Not every applicant is eligible for streamlined visa processing. The prospective student must fulfill the following requirements:
1. The application should come through the participating education provider
2. At the time of visa application in Australia, the student must possess the Confirmation of Enrolment
3. The student has applied for a registered course from the participating university
4. The applicant cannot combine non-award university exchange programs with the preliminary courses.
The students who are sponsored by the different departments of the Australian government are not eligible for streamlined visa processing and they have to go through the usual procedural method.
When the student has decided the course module and institution, it is time to apply for the admission in college or university. The students can apply in two ways.
1. Directly to the education provider - They can download the application form of the
respective education provider and submit it with all the necessary details and information.
2. Through authentic Australian education agent - All the institutions of Australia have a number of agents. The students can also send their applications to them directly with the documents they need.
If the application is accepted by the respective institution then they will receive a formal Letter of Offer. The letter is a formal contract between the student and institution which includes all the enrolment conditions, payable amount, details about the course etc. When the applicant pays the amount, they receive an Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (ECOE). As most of the Australian visa applications are processed through online lodgment facility, they will need this ECOE.After confirming their admission in the respective college or university, they can start the procedure of visa application process.
1. They need to login through their personal profile in the website. If the applicant does not have
it, they can make their own account.
2. For the application of the temporary student visa, they would be prompted to fill the Form 157A. They can fill up the Form 157P if they need the permission to work along with their studies.
3. All the applicants must add as much as information available with them. The forms with missing data about the applicant take longer time to get finalized and they also face the chances of rejection.
4. To complete the application process, the students need to attach supporting documents with the form.
5. Applicants with the assessment level 1 will need to submit the least number of documents.
After successfully submitting the form, the applicants need to keep a track of the online application.
Through the online medium, the applicant can not only check the progress of their application
but it also provides them the opportunity to manage the profile. They can update the passport
details, attach complementary documents, save the application or change their email id for further
After submission, all the applications are assigned a Transaction Reference Number (TRN). With this TRN, the students check the visa entitlements and know the timing when to communicate with the authority for the visa interview.
Since 2011, the Australian federal government has introduced a special measure known as Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) requirement. This is known as an integrity measure which ensures that only the genuine candidates and applicants receive the Australian visa. This step is effective to prevent all the applicants who intend to visit the country with other motives rather than to receive quality education and knowledge. This test is generally evaluated in the visa interview by the respective consular officer. They especially look on the following things.
1. The student-applicant have a genuine eagerness and intent to study in Australia and do not aim
to permanently reside in the country
2. The applicant’s immigration history
3. The present circumstances of his/ her family and the respective country
4. If the applicant is below 18 years of age, then the respective parent’s intention will be judged and evaluated
5. Any other relevant matter so decided by the consular officer.
According to the result of this GTE, the application gets processed. It is only a part of the total visa interview procedure and it does not determine comprehensively the fate of the visa interview.
The visa interview is the last part of the extensive visa application procedure. According to the scheduled day and time, the applicant must reach the venue of the visa interview. Generally, the interview takes place in the embassies, high commissions or the city consulates of Australia. In the interview, the applicants need to provide a variety of supporting evidences, documents according to the requirements and their assessment level. The students must qualify in the following:
The federal government of Australia issues only temporary visas which allow the applicants to stay in this nation for a specified period of time. The tenure of the visa is provided according to the duration of the course that the applicant wishes to pursue in Australian institution. However, due to various reasons, the students may need to increase the tenure of their visa.The students need to apply for the extension before the termination of the present visa term. They can receive an extension on the following grounds:
1. Further studies
2. Incompletion of the ongoing course
3. Holiday or tourism and
The students will procure their visa extension by applying online, post or through appointment. The
application should be accompanied with the letter from the concerned institution validating the
extension requirement. Accordingly, the students also need to increase their health insurance
cover and complete the relevant visa extension form. After the payment of the required amount,
the student will receive the confirmation of their visa extension.
However, the students are not eligible to extend their visa if they have the ‘further stay restricted’ clause in their present student visa. They will also be denied visa extension if the students apply after their present term ends. On the basis of the seriousness of the matter, the applicants can also lose the opportunity to visit Australia again.
According to a recent survey, UK is identified as the second most desired destination for all the
international students ranking just below USA. The two oldest and the most prestigious universities
of the world are situated here, namely Oxford and Cambridge. Thousands of students are enticed
to study in these eminent institutions which are internationally valued and recognized. The students
who wish to board the flight to UK must need to secure a UK student visa.
Immigration to UK and visa allotment is managed by the UK government’s home office. If you belong to EEA (European Economic Area) or if you are a Swiss National then you don’t need permission from the authority to enter the country and stay there for at least three months. However, you will need to authorize your stay if you are willing to reside in UK for more than the stipulated period. All the students will have the right to stay in the country till the termination of their course or educational program.
Students, who are not from EEA and Swiss national either, need to secure a student visa to enter the country. Before applying for the visa, all the applicants must accomplish some general requirements.
1. The respective student has already been accepted and received the admission letter on the respective
course of study. It is known as Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS)
2. All the students must be proficient in British English. They might be asked to give an English Language Test depending on the native country and prospective course. They must be comfortable to write, read, understand and speak in English if they are applying for degree courses and above.
3. If the applicant belongs to the EEA nation then they need to obtain a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). If they are from other countries, then it is mandatory to do a complete health cover known as Comprehensive Sickness Insurance (CSI) from an authorized insurance company. The insurance term should completely cover the visa tenure.
When they are done with the general requirements, it is time to identify the proper visa type and the necessary procedure.
The respective authority of the UK provides three forms of visas to all the applicants who wish to study in the country.
The short term visa is provided to the applicants if the intend to do a short course in the country.
If the visa applicant is above 18 years of age, then they are eligible for a visa up to 11 months
and if the student is a minor then they will receive a visa of maximum 6 months. Any student
who is eligible for the British citizenship is not qualified to procure a short term visa and
have to apply for a proper nationality instead.
With the short term visa, the applicant gets entitled to short training and development courses. The tenure of such programs cannot exceed more than 11 months. Within the stay, the prospective students are prohibited to take admission in full time courses in the college and university. They are also barred from carrying out any business or working in the country.
The students are eligible for the short term student visa in UK when:
1. They have successfully got admitted in a certified course in UK. The short course should have proper accreditation
2. They can provide substantial evidence and proof that they can bear the costs and support themselves throughout the course
3. If the applicant is under 18, they will require their parents to accompany themselves and have made proper arrangements of residence in UK
4. The applicants are allowed for a research and training if they are already enrolled in recognized degree course.
According to the nationality, the students might need to accomplish other eligibility criteria. Fulfilling those additional requirements will make them eligible for the short term visa.
The applicants applying for the short term visa need to furnish:
1. Passport with valid travel identification
2. Colored digital photographs according to the prescribed dimensions
3. Bank statements for the last six months
4. Health certificate
5. Contact details of parents and guardian in the home country (if applicant is a minor)
6. Admission letter and other documents about the course
7. Identity proof and academic certificates of school and college.
As the student who is below 18 years of age will be accompanied with his/ her parent or guardian,
they need to furnish additional documents during the visa interview. The visa consular will need
all the details and the supporting documents of the concerned person who will look after the
minor in this foreign land.
All the aspiring students must apply online for the short term visa with the exception of North Korea residents. They need to apply three months before the date of travel to UK. Generally, the visa process gets completed within three weeks.In most of the cases, the students with short term visa are not entitled to extend their visa.
For the six month visa -
For the eleven month visa - £ 162
There are many students who look to complete their high school education in UK. Sometimes when their
parents get transferred to this country, the children need to accomplish rest of their formal
education in UK. If the applicant is between the age of four and 17, then they would be provided
Tier 4 Child Student Visa. Obviously, if the minor belongs to the EEA state or Switzerland, they
don’t require any official permission.
All the students are also entitled to study and be educated at an independent, fee paying school. It is easier to get this visa if the applicant has already placed himself/herself in the respective curriculum. The tenure of the visa depends on the age and length of the pursuing course. If the age of the minor is below 16, they will receive a visa up to 6 years and an additional four month grace period.
If the age of the minor is above 16, they will get the visa permission for a maximum of three years with complementary four months afterwards.
The students are also permitted to extend their visa on requirement. If they are above 16, they are authorized to work in part-time jobs but with the limit of 10 hours per week. There are distinct provisions which allow the students in certain sectors while they are not permitted to do laboring jobs.
The students seeking the Tier 4 Child Student Visa must have an offer of a place in a certified course
with a licensed Tier 4 sponsor. The parents of the minor should also show enough money to support
themselves and the child’s education in UK. The respective course on which the applicant is admitted
must be taught according to the guidelines of:
1. The national curriculum
2. Independent school education inspection standards
3. National qualification and credit framework
If the school is situated in Scotland or Northern Ireland, then the course must be accepted and certified by the respective authorities of the country. The respective education provider will send a reference number to the prospective students. This number is the confirmation of the acceptance and admission for studies in the respective school known as CAS. This mandatory CAS number will be required while filling up the application form.
The applicants of the Tier 4 Child Student Visa need to provide:
1. Valid Passport and travel documentation
2. Current colored digital photographs according to the prescribed dimensions
3. Proof of parental and legal guardian content
4. Health certificates along with the Tuberculosis test results
5. Birth certificates or any other age proof.
As the parents of the applicant or the guardian will take care and accompany the child to UK, they
also need to provide all their details. They are generally asked to provide substantial evidences
about their financial stability and the ability to bear all the expenses.
The application of the Tier 4 Child Student Visa will be processed online if the applicant is not from North Korea. The student-applicants will have the opportunity to extend their visa if they apply on valid grounds. Usually all the students are advised to apply for the visa 90 days before the date of the travel. They will procure their visa within three weeks under standard procedure. All the students are permitted to reach UK and settle in the country one fortnight before the formal course commences.
The applicants need to pay £322 to get a Tier 4 Child Student Visa when they are applying from outside the country. They also need to pay an additional healthcare surcharge as decided by the respective consular.
When the applicant wishes to pursue their higher education in UK, they need to apply for the Tier
4 General Student Visa. This is the common form of visa application as countless students wish
to complete their graduation, post graduation and doctoral level studies in this country. Any
student who is above 18 years of age can apply for the Tier 4 General Student Visa. They can
apply three months before the start of their certified course. Under normal procedure, they can
procure the visa documents within the three to four weeks.
It is essential for all the applicants that they have been offered a place in the course which they intend to pursue. They should be able to speak, read and write British English. With this visa, the students are entitled to study in any institution under the purview of British government. Procuring the Tier 4 General Student Visa also enables the applicant to work in UK. However, it depends on the level of course and the sponsorship details of the student. But they can work as a student sabbatical officer, bring their family members and even get public funds. On certain circumstances, the students can also receive the permission to pursue additional learning courses during their stay in the country.
The duration of the student visa depends on the course the applicant will be pursuing in the college or university. But generally they are assigned the permission to stay for not more than three years.
With the general qualifications, the applicants need to exhibit their eligibility in the distinct criteria according to the module or the course they are going to pursue in UK. The basic eligibility remains the same as before:
1. The offer letter or the Confirmation of Acceptance from the education provider verifying a secured
place on the intended course
2. Adequate funds or sponsorship details enough to meet up the costs of the pursuing course
3. The qualified course must have a rating of at least 6 from the National Qualifications Framework
4. It should be full time-course module with organized studies of at least 25 hours each week
5. For post graduation, the applicant must have completed their previous studies from recognized board or college.
If the mother tongue of the applicant is English or if they have passed their last examination from the prominent English-speaking countries, then they do not have to need to prove their knowledge in English. But they need to qualify and secure the passing grade in the English Language Test. The test will be conducted by authorized personnel in the consulate or the high commission.
The aspiring students who intend to get the Tier 4 General Student Visa are required to furnish these essential documents:
1. Passport with at least six months more validity than the expected period to stay in UK along with
other travel documents
2. Passport sized color photograph with name written on the reverse side
3. Certificate of fitness and the applicant should not be the carrier of any communicable diseases
4. Statement from bank with the details of last six months transaction
5. The academic certificates, statement of marks and the letter of permission for the last visited institution.
As all the applications are assessed individually, the students may be asked to provide additional
documents. The number of supporting documents also depends on the country of residence and the
prospective course of study.
The procedure of procuring the UK visa is frequently updated in order to make it efficient and adhering to the stringent laws of immigration. So, the government of the UK always advises the students to read carefully the guidelines provided in their website.
All the applications of Tier 4 General Student Visa are processed online. The applicants will enjoy a special privilege to take their family member or the dependent with them. They are allowed to take their parents, spouse or civil partner with them. But the students need to produce substantial proof that they are able to manage their expenses. The dependent also needs to provide the same evidentiary documents along with their separate application.
The applicants will need to pay £322 as the processing fee of the Tier 4 General Student Visa. The charges of taking a family member will also cost additional £322 pounds. According to the new rule, all the applicants also need to pay a healthcare surcharge which is a mandatory part of the application.
As the applicants now know the type of visa they are entitled to, it is the time to apply for the visa. The students or the guardian (if the student is a minor) need to log on to UK government website for student visas and immigration and apply online.
1. All the applicants need to fill up and complete the relevant form and submit it with the scanned
copies of the supporting documents.
2. The form should be filled accurately and completely as incomplete forms and forms with false data would be rejected.
3. They will receive a day of appointment from the office.
1. All the applicants should reach the visa application centre at least half an hour before the scheduled
2. According to the application number, the candidates will be provided with a token number.
1. The respective consular officer will check the documents and assess the visa application of the
2. Accordingly, if sanctioned, they will receive an acknowledgement receipt.
1. The visa application centre will have its own biometric information collection centre.
2. In the next step, they will scan and enroll the digital prints of all the ten fingers, photograph and retina scan.
1. The applicant will receive all the original supporting documents and the whole procedure gets
2. The status of the application will be notified through mail or SMS as preferred by the student.
For more details, you can visit the UK government website.
Other than the students with short term visas, all the applicants are eligible to extend their visa on concrete grounds. They can procure the visa extension when they need to stay back for higher studies, repetition of previous exam modules and on medical and health treatment. The application must be submitted before the current term ends or the plea will not be entertained. The students who apply for the visa extension must comply with all the requirements for Tier 4 General Student Visa. There are two processes through which the permission is extended:
The applications are sent online or by post in some cases. The decisions of the application are made within 4-8 weeks. The students need to pay additional charges of £439 with all the supporting documents.
This is a special service which processes the application on the same day as the applicants need
to be present in the Enquiry Office. Generally, the decision is taken on the same day or it might
take another working day under certain cases. The students are charged £839 for the premium application.
The respective authority evaluates each application by rating all applications on distinct point-based system. All the applicants need to secure 40 points to get the approval of extending the visa. The point system provides 30 points for the authorization letter from the university known as Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies and 10 points to provide evidence and proof to maintain oneself for the additional period of stay.
In the last one decade, Canada has evolved as one of the most prestigious destinations for international
students. The eminent colleges and universities of this country provide excellent infrastructure
and career opportunities to the students. While in other countries the international students
need a student visa, Canada offers student permit to the applicants. Though the applicants need
not have a Canadian student permit if the course is less than six months, still it is better
to procure the authorization before landing up in this new country.
The applications can be made online or through paper. The Department of Citizenship and Immigration of Canada is authorized to command the whole process. But the paper applications take more time to get processed than the online applications. If the students and the applicants face any issue or problem, they are always welcome to get that sorted from the visa application centre of the country.
The applicants must need to fulfill some general requirements before they become eligible to procure the study permission in the country. These general qualifications are mandatory and it remains the same for all the countries. The Canadian authority needs these general requirements from all the applicants:
1. The prospective students need to obtain a Letter of Acceptance from the education provider (Designated
Learning Institution). This letter will authentic their stand and validate that the applicant
has secured a place in the respective course of study. If the student aspires to study in Quebec
(a province in eastern Canada) then they will require the same from the Government of Quebec.
2. Before submitting the application, the students may need to procure a health certificate after a medical exam. It depends on the native country of the applicant. They should be free from every type of communicable diseases and should be declared fit by the authorized medical practitioner of Government of Canada.
3. It is mandatory for all the applicants to get a Police Clearance Certificate from the local authority. As Canada has stringent laws of immigration, they do not permit any person with any sort of criminal record to enter in their country. So, all the applicants need to provide a clearance certificate especially those who are from disturbed locations of the world.
4. The applicants need to show that they have enough money to meet the expenses of staying in the country. If they are travelling to Canada on sponsorship, then they will need to furnish all the details. Else they need to produce the bank statement of the last six months.
5. The students coming from non-English speaking countries are required to give an English proficiency test. It is known as International English Language Testing System. This exam is conducted by the University of Cambridge ESOL, the British Council and other authorized centers by immigration department of Canada.
The international students are allowed to study at the graduation and post graduation level only in those colleges and universities which are enlisted in Designated Learning Institution List. So, before confirming the application, all the applicants should check whether the respective education provider is enrolled in the list or not. The applicants who will join the primary and secondary schools in Canada do not require such mandatory checking as they are eligible to study in any school.
Recently, the government of Canada has introduced a new requirement called Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) for all the students with the exception of US residents. It is applicable to all those international students who reach the country Canada through flight. It is a paperless document attached with the passport. It ensures that the respective person has achieved and satisfied all the requirements to visit Canada as a temporary resident. The visa applicants do not need to pay any additional documents or fees to get the ETA; it is issued at the same time when the student is given the permission to study in Canada.
The Citizenship and Immigration Office has laid distinct requirements for the international students
who intend to work in the country with their studies. In most of the cases, the students need
to apply for the student work permit separately while filling up the visa submission form. The
students can engage themselves in the on-campus jobs without any permission from the authority.
The employer of these on-campus jobs must be from the respective college or a private hirer operating
within the campus of the institution.
But if they want to work off-campus along with their academic courses, then they need a compulsory authorization from the office. There are certain conditions and requirements set for the students who opt for jobs outside the premises of their institution.
1. The applicant student must have attained the age of 18
2. The student must have enrolled themselves in the Designated Learning Institution (DLI) colleges and universities
3. The duration of the course must be more than 6 months
4. The students cannot work more than 20 hours per week during the regular academic session. They are permitted to work full-time during the vacations
5. Along with their work, all the working students must maintain a healthy attendance in the pursuing course
6. They are not allowed to work anywhere if the concerned student is following a learning course on English or French language.
However, they are allowed to work as an intern, vocational program or a co-op program if it forms an essential part of the graduation or post-graduation course.
The applications of the students are processed in the consulates and the visa application centers of the respective country. The diplomatic missions of Canada have set up their centers in every country which are assigned to provide the student permit to the prospective students. It is a sequential procedure which involves a series of steps. If you are thinking to study anywhere in Canada for your further education, then you need to follow these steps.
Whether applying through online or through post, it is necessary to arrange all the necessary documents which will be needed during submission. These documents are the supportive evidence for application. If any student fails to provide all the documents asked for, then the application can be rejected.According to the latest document checklist, the mandatory documents are
1. Application for study permit
2. The complete family information of the applicant
3. The Letter of Acceptance from the education provider (Designated Learning Institution)
4. Application of the temporary resident visa
5. Certificate of medical examination conducted by panel practitioners
6. Academic certificates, statement of marks and other qualification documents
7. Marriage certificate if it is applicable
8. Sponsorship details and details of financial support
9. Certificate of permission from Quebec administration if the applicant intend to study there
10. Visa fee which would be paid online through the acceptable payment methods.
The students may be asked to furnish other documents too according to their native country and intended
course of study.
All the submitted documents must be in English or French. If they are in any other language, proper and authorized translations of each copy must be produced if needed or asked by the immigration officer or consular.
With these documents, the students also need to possess a valid passport with the necessary validity and digital photographs according to the specifications stated by the immigration department. The size of the photograph must be at least 35mm x 45mm, clear with neutral expression. It should be as recent as possible to ensure alikeness.
When the applicants have procured all the essential documents, they are required to fill up the relevant forms. It is a little tedious process as the applicants are required to complete several forms according to the criteria. Firstly, they need to create an account in their name in the website through which the whole procedure will be completed. The mandatory forms which every student need to complete are
1. Application for study permit for the students outside Canada2. Family Information Form
3. Application for Temporary Resident Visa
4. Application for the guardian or accompanying family member (if applicable)
5. Statutory Declaration of Common Law Union (if applicable)
6. Use of Representative Form (if applicable)
All these forms are required to be filled with accurate, precise and authentic information. The sections
which are not applicable for the respective student should be written ‘Not Applicable’ rather
than leaving it empty. Incomplete forms can cause unnecessary delay in processing.
The sections of personal details should be filled carefully. It is always better if you consult the guidelines and the instructions provided with the applications and on the government website.
It is necessary to provide all the information known to the best of the knowledge, complete and accurate. Any sort of discrepancy, conflicting facts, fraudulent and misleading information will lead to the cancellation of the application. The students also may also be banned for appealing again for Canadian visa in future.
If the students have troubles filling up the form online, they can download it, complete it and then upload the documents. The website also provides the option to save the form and continue again by logging in at the convenient time.
At last the student must certify that all the information is correct and authentic. Once the application is completed, the applicant needs to validate the form on which a bar code will be generated (if the form is completed online). It completes the procedure. Sometimes when the applicant is unable to complete their own form, they can appoint representatives to fill it for them. But in these circumstances, they must take the assistance of authorized people certified by the immigration council of Canada.
When the applicant is done with the form, it is the time for submission. They need to send it to the office which will be mentioned in the respective application. If they submit it online, they will receive a unique number on the basis of which they need to make the payment. Two forms of fees are charged - the application processing fee and the biometric charges. All the payments will be made in Canadian Dollars.
The fee structure for each person:
1. Processing Fee - $150
2. Biometric Fee - $85
1. In the Visa Application Centre (VAC), respective officers evaluate each of the applications one
2. On the basis of individual merit, they are granted permission for the interview or the forms are returned if they feel it is not complete and erroneous.
3. On the specified day, the applicants are interviewed along with their documents. If satisfied with their need and appeal, their student permit is granted.
4. They need to provide their biometric details which will include the digital prints of their 10 fingers, retina scan and their photograph.
5. However, some applicants may not require to appear for the interview if the officers find their application perfect and above all suspicion.
The processing time of the visa depends on the location, country and individual applications. It
will take around three weeks if the applicant is from India whereas it can take more than eight
weeks when the student is a resident of Ghana or Tunisia. When a student provides several forms
of contact to the visa office, it can facilitate the process. The applicants must provide accurate
mailing address, mobile, telephone number and residential address.
If the appeal gets rejected, the students have the opportunity to apply again and ask the respective personnel to review the decision. The reasons for which an application may be declined are discussed elaborately in the Visa denials section.
When the students arrive in Canada, the last step waits for them. They need to show the letter of introduction and temporary resident visa in the immigration panel or the port of entry in the airport. The concerned officer will finally decide if the student meets all the criteria and requirements for entry to Canada. With the arrival, the students will have the obligation to maintain and adhere to all the rules and regulations bestowed upon them. As they procure the student permit, they should comply will all the social and cultural norms which come with it. The student will need around $10,000 each year along with the additional tuition fees. Hence, they should make all the preparations accordingly.
All the students can change or extend their visa or student permit while residing in the country.
They are allowed to do so when they apply for the extension at least 30 days before the current
permit expires. The students can apply online or on paper depending on their own convenience.
When the students appeal online, they must have a scanner, camera and the soft copies of all
the documents which they need to upload.
While applying as the student will be in the country, they can apply on paper too. A visit with the necessary documents in the authorized office will do the job for them. If they have valid grounds for extending their visa, they will surely procure it within any hassles. But their passport should remain till the extended period or the authority will deny the visa extension.
In the same way by visiting the office and filling the respective application forms, they can change their permit to student work permit. If they need guidance or support, the Citizenship and Immigration Canada office can advise the needful.
In the whole Asian continent, Singapore is one of the top destinations for international students.
The main public universities of the country have ranked among the Top 50 institutions around
the world. In the last few years, Singapore has witnessed a steady rise in the population of
international students in the country. Also known as the vibrant Lion city of the east, Singapore
offers the best education from the kindergarten to the tertiary level. To study in this country,
all the students need to get a student visa which is known as Student’s Pass.
Every foreigner need to get a student’s pass to pursue their studies in Singapore. But the respective student will be exempted if:
1. The student holds the Immigration Exemption Order
2. Dependent’s card holder studying in a MSF (Ministry of Social and Family Development) registered institution
3. The person holds a short visitor term and intend to pursue a course less than 30 days
4. The person visits Singapore for an internship or industrial training lasting for less than a month.
If you aspire to study in Singapore, then the requirements and procedure to obtain the Student’s Pass will depend on the prospective course of study. This guide will provide comprehensive information and directions to get the authorization and secure the student’s pass from the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority of Singapore (ICA).
There are some general requirements which every applicant needs to qualify in order to obtain the
student pass. Although the rejection rate for student pass is comparatively low with respect
to the first world countries, still it is important to fulfill the general requirements.
1. The candidate should file the application to follow a full-time course at a recognized educational institution. The respective institution must accept the student and authenticate the application when produced before ICA.
2. The candidate should have the desired academic credentials needed to study in the respective course. With the educational qualifications, the concerned candidate should be within the age limits as specified for the course.
4. The prospective student must be free from every type of contagious diseases when they apply for the student permit. They need to undergo a thorough medical checkup from authorized and panelist medical practitioners.
5. Generally the students need to fill up the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority Form 16 and Form V 36 to get the student permit. All the forms must be properly filled with all the supporting documents which will facilitate the process.
After accomplishing these general requirements, all the students need to apply and obtain their Student’s Pass according to the course they are going to pursue.
Generally, the students require two forms of student permit according to the pursuing course. They are discussed below.
Singapore has several eminent technical institutions which offer the best infrastructure, education and job opportunities to the students. If you apply to study in the prestigious education providers, you will need a local sponsor. A local sponsor is mandatory for the application of Student’s Pass for technical education. This local benefactor must be above 21 years of age and a citizen of Singapore or a permanent resident of the country. The applicant can appoint parents, relatives or step-parents as their sponsor if they qualify according to all the criteria. However, private enterprises and companies are not authorized to become sponsors for the foreign students.
The candidates need to furnish their application at least one month before their intended course
officially commences. Since 2009, the Singaporean authority has introduced a new mechanism known
as SOLAR system. It is the Student’s Pass Online Application and Registration system.
Firstly, the respective education provider will issue the Registration Acknowledgement Letter (RAL) according to the SOLAR + system.In the second step, using the respective SOLAR + reference number provided in the RAL, the candidate need to login to the respective website and fill up the application forms. They are required to complete the Form 16 on Student’s Details and eV 103 on Student’s Parents.
In the third step, the local sponsor will need to login to SOLAR + to sponsor the application and then submit it to the ICA for processing. The benefactor will need to fill up the forms of V 39 S V 39 Q.
With every application submitted to ICA, a processing fee of $30 would be attached. It is non-refundable even if in due course the application gets rejected. With this processing fee, an issuance fee of $60 needs to paid when the application is accepted and the candidate successfully procures the Student’s Pass.The processing time is five full working days excluding the day of application. However in certain cases, it may take a longer time when the forms are not properly and completely filled or during peak periods.
1. When asked, the applicants are required to provide the original documents for verification
2. If the documents are not in English or Mandarin, then it is necessary to provide the authorized translated documents
3. The authority may ask for a certificate of explanation if they found anything unexplained or dubious
4. The forms would be duly signed by the applicant, the parents of the applicant and the local sponsor in the appropriate sections
5. According to the native country of the applicant, the ICA may enforce new rules which they need to comply.
The process to procure the visa and the Student’s Pass is same if the prospective applicant aspires to study in the independent schools and private education organizations.
As most of the international students apply to study in polytechnic, college and university, it is the most common form of Student’s Pass issued by the authority of Singapore. Other than the students with Immigration Exemption Order Holders, all the students who aspire to study in the Institute of Higher Learning need to procure this permission. Some of the most noted institutions which come under the purview are the National University of Singapore, Nanyang Polytechnic, Singapore Polytechnic, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore Institute of Technology and Design, Singapore Management University and many more. With this form of student permit, the students also become eligible to study in the foreign universities which have its campus in this country. Many renowned universities like University of Nevada, German Institute of Science and Technology, University of Chicago has its offshore institutes here.
All the new applications for the Student’s Pass must be submitted 45 days before the course is scheduled to start. They may also apply 30 days before the commencement but not late than that. The applications must be submitted through the Student’s Pass Online Application and Registration (SOLAR) system. It is the new mechanism to accept applications from international students. It follows a definite procedure:
The concerned IHL must register the student into the SOLAR system. Before the applicant submits their
application, the IHL must register them in the website. The education provider is required to
provide the following information.
1. Personal details of the student along with their nationality and date of birth
2. Details of the intended course, duration and the date of commencement Providing these details will generate a SOLAR application reference number.
Once the IHL has registered the student in the SOLAR, it is the time for the respective student to
advance with the procedure. They must possess the registration acknowledgement notice and the
SOLAR application reference number before they login provided by the IHL. All the applicants
must fill up the form accurately as they also need the following details.
1. The details of the passport with the desired validity2. Background and family information of the student
3. If the parents of the student belong or have an connection with Singapore, then their NRIC (National Registration Identity Card) status and number
4. Recent passport sized photograph which should be taken within the last three months.
They may also need to furnish additional details if necessary as determined according to the prospective course and native country.
When they are done, the form 16 is required to be submitted through the same profile provided in the SOLAR. It is mandatory to generate and keep a copy of the form as a proof of the successful submission.
For the application of the Student’s Pass, a processing fee is charged at $30. All the applicants
need to pay this processing fee during the time of submission. The payment will be made online.
This processing fee is not refundable in any case even if the application gets rejected. They
also need to provide an additional issuance fee of $60 at the time when the student will receive
Depending on the country of residence, the processing time may vary from 5 working days to 10 working days. The middle months of July, August and September are known as the peak period which marks the beginning of a new academic season. Hence, it may so happen that it takes a longer time to process the applications during this time. So, it is always better to apply as before as possible to avoid the tension and worries.
1. The successful applicants will get an in-principle approval (IPA) letter by ICA through the education
provider. If the applicant (due to their native country) requires a visa in Singapore, it would
be attached with the IPA letter.
2. ICA is authorized to conduct enrolment to issue the student passes. Sometimes with collaboration of the Institute of Higher Learning they organize the enrolment offsite. The respective students will always be informed about the date, time and venue.
3. The whole procedure ends with a personal interview. All the applicants must book their appointment online. Using the e-appointment facility, they can book appointment and receive the scheduled day and time. All the applicants should be punctual and strictly adhere to the timings.
4. On arrival to the Singapore, the students need to report to the Student’s Pass Unit and complete the rest of the formalities. Within the stay, every student should comply with the norms and rules which come along with the student’s pass.
5. Students studying in the colleges, polytechnics and universities also receive the permission to work in Singapore with the Student’s Pass. However, they can work for full time only during the vacation or the holidays. During the term time, all the students are allowed to work 16 hours per week.
Along with all the obvious documents and requirements, the students also need to show that they are financially capable to bear the cost and expenses of staying in Singapore. According to the latest immigration rule of Singapore, the students should have tuition fee and $8500 at the time. If they don’t have it, they are required to show substantial evidence that the respective sponsor will bear their expenses through proper documents. With the bank statement, they also need the statement of marks and other academic certificates from the Class 10 level.
The students, who are studying in any education provider enlisted in the Institute of the Higher Learning, are entitled to get an extension of the Student’s Pass if they are pursuing a full-time course in the country. The student will receive an extension if:
1. They wish to pursue higher education in the country
2. The ongoing course is not complete and the applicant needs to re-appear for the semester
3. The applicant is ill and needs to stay back on medical grounds
4. The applicant wishes to pursue a job after the completion of the studies
5. Holidays and Tourism (Needs consideration)
The international students who require an extension over the current term in the country needs to submit an application to renew the permission. They should apply for the visa extension (unless in emergency situations) within the tenure of the current visa or else they might face the chances of rejection.The permission of the student’s pass also takes place through the SOLAR. The mandatory documents required for the extension are as follows:
1. Valid Travel Document
2. The current Student’s Pass Card (through Form 17 A)
3. Disembarkation/Embarkation Card (through Form 15 A)
But when the applicant wants to work and therefore need an extension, then they need to submit additional documents including the social visit pass unit.
When their course ends in time, the students will get a 7-day grace period. Within this one week time of the termination of their studies they need to register their Student’s Passes for cancellation. Since 2008, the students get their visa cancelled online through the new service called e-cancellation of SOLAR. If the applicant is unable to cancel their visa through the online process, they can get it done from the authorized centers in the country. The necessary documents needed for cancellation are:
1. A completed cancellation form
2. Travel document
3. Student’s Pass card
4. Other authorized cards provided to them
5. Disembarkation/Embarkation Card (through Form 27 A).
Accordingly, their student permit will be cancelled and they will receive the permission to leave the country.
An applicant may be refused visa or the Student’s Pass on the basis of several reasons. It is not that an uncommon outcome and if this happens with you don’t panic! The immigration department of every country can deny a visa to the prospective student if they fail to achieve all the requirements and the criteria. A visa denial is not permanent and it can be revoked if the correct procedure is followed.Before that, let’s find out what the potential reasons which can deprive the students a valid visa. The visa can be refused on the following grounds:
1. If the student is found to submit fraudulent documents or misrepresent any facts and information
2. If the applicant submits incomplete forms where crucial data and information are missing
3. If the applicant has criminal record or if the consular finds that the respective person can be a threat to the national security.
4. If the applicant has violated rules of immigration in previous stay or if they are found to be denied visa earlier for strong reasons.
5. Disembarkation/Embarkation Card (through Form 27 A).
6. If the student fails to show strong intent and reason to visit the respective country
7. If the applicant do not exhibit strong reasons to return after the completion of the course
8. If the applicant belongs to such countries where the present situation is extremely volatile or have strenuous relationship with the visiting nation
9. If the applicant is found to be suffering from any contagious or communicable diseases
10. If the student provides a passport that does not have the necessary validity and expires very soon
11. If the applicant fails to show adequate funds needed to pursue the course overseas.
When any applicant is refused their visa or the student permit, they are always informed by the authorities.
They are also notified about the provisions under which their visa permission got cancelled.
All the applicants are welcome to re-apply for their visa with the exception of some grounds.
When the applicant is found to be denied a visa on serious charges like security threat, cheating
and for applying fraudulent purposes, then they may get banned for life from applying again.Most
of the refusals against student visa applications take place due to mistakes in the application
form, incomplete set of supporting documents, lack of sponsorship details or failing the requirements.
In these situations, the denial can be revoked by taking appropriate measures.
As all the students will be notified about the exact reason for their visa refusal, then they just need to fill up a new application form with the additional documents which are asked for. Before starting the procedure, every student should consult the immigration officers. They are the best source of guidance and can help the students to complete this procedure. If you are the applicant, ask them about the additional documents that are necessary to procure the clearance. Accordingly, start the application process again. As the visa amount deposited in the first instance is not refundable, the applicants are required to furnish the same amount again.
There is a separate department in the immigration office which handles all the applications made through the channel of visa denials.All the students must be very sure that they don’t replicate the same mistake twice or they face the danger of cancellation of visa as a whole. In the second time, the applicants will get the visa or the student passes if they can convince the officers with their intent, qualification and proper evidence.
The long and tedious process of visa application ends with personal visa interview which takes place in the consulate, embassy or the special immigration offices. The prospective applicants will not only visit the new country but they will also enroll in competitive courses. Hence, they need to convince the officers and need to answer concisely and honestly.If you are the applicant then you need to attend the interviews with all the required documents ask for and get prepared for a brief inquisition. Generally, the students will face questions from these five categories:
1. Study Plans
2. Choice of University
3. Academic credentials and Capability
4. Financial Status and Sponsorship Details
5. Future Plans after the completion of the intending course.
Along with these categorical questions, the students may face some general questions depending on the nature of the application and previous immigration history. Here are some sample questions which will help you to prepare yourself about the forthcoming visa interview.
1. Why do you want to study in that country?
2. What is your academic background?
3. Why can’t you continue your course in your home county?
4. How the prospective course will help you?
5. What is the scope of your course?
1. In how many colleges and universities did you apply?
2. In which institution did you get admitted?
3. Can you tell me some details about that institution?
4. Do you know your course structure?
5. Do you know the locality where your college or university is situated?
1. What are your scores in GPA, TOEFL, IELTS and other examinations?2. Are you proficient in English?
3. Can I see your high school and graduation certificates?
4. How would you manage the educational differences?
5. Do you have the requisite specialization? (If you apply for technical courses)
1. What is your family’s monthly income?
2. How will you meet all the expenses of studying abroad?
3. Who is going to be your sponsor for your education?
4. What is the annual income and other details of your sponsor?
5. Can I see your bank statement?
6. Do your parents pay taxes? If yes, show the tax returns.
1. What do you plan to do after the completion of the course?
2. Would you like to study further or work in the pursuing nation?
3. Are you sure that you will return to your country after you complete your studies?
4. How can you prove that you will definitely return after finishing your studies?
1. Do you know anybody or do you have any relatives in our country?
2. Why don’t you choose any other nation over our country to study abroad?
3. How will you be benefitted by studying abroad?
4. Where you are going to stay?
5. Why the benefactor is sponsoring you?
6. Have you researched about your career prospects after you complete your education?
7. When your course commences and when does it end?
8. Will you abide by all the rules of our country?
Disclaimer: The students should answer all the questions truthfully and to the best of the capabilities and knowledge. The sample questions given serves as a guide for all the prospective students. The actual visa interview questions may differ.
Visa interview is the last hurdle before securing the visa. Many applicants are known to lose their nerve while they appear for the visa interview. But visa interview is not that scary; rather the officers are known to ask normal questions to assess the person and ascertain the reasons for flying to the concerned nation. A few tips can make the job easier for all the applicants who tend to spend sleepless nights ever since their interview day is announced. If you are the applicant, remember these tips have been assorted after consulting the experts of every country.
In some countries like the USA and UK have stringent laws to stop illegal immigration. All the students-applicants
must convince the officers of the immigration department that they have no other intention other
than studying in this new country. Tell them that you have sufficient reasons to return after
you have successfully completed your studies.
Every applicant should have enough attachment and ties with the home country. They should have their family, residence and even strong job prospects which will allure the prospective student back to their country.
The official as well as the most used language in the countries like Australia, UK, USA, Canada and
even Singapore is English. Though the usage varies moderately due to the lexical differences,
still every applicant must possess strong knowledge about this language. The visa interviews
would be held in English. Hence, it is important that you are able to exhibit your proficiency
in English properly.
All the applicants should start practicing to communicate in English much before their stated visa interview. If they have acquaintances with any native speaker, it would be highly beneficial.
Though many students ignore its importance, maintaining a decent attitude throughout the interview
is very crucial to procure the student’s visa. With a neat and presentable appearance, you should
answer every question with confidence and directly. Dress formally and maintain an engaging and
decent body language throughout the interview process. Do not elaborate any point as you will
be provided a limited time within which the whole process will be completed.
Sometimes the immigration officers judge the tone of the voice and their demeanor. A calm and composed attitude can win the interview in your favor. Do not argue with the officers in any situation.
All the applicants will be asked about their prospective courses and their plans by the immigrant officers. They expect articulate answers from the students. Hence, it is important to study about the course and know every detail about it. When asked, tell them the distinguishing features of the program and how it will benefit you in your professional life.It is better if the applicant knows someone who attends the same institution as it will build authenticity. The applicants will also be able to extract some exclusive information about the college and share it with the immigration officers to develop credibility.
Every day the immigration officers review hundreds of applications. They always run short of time.
Accordingly, every applicant must co-operate with the officers to conduct an efficient and quick
interview process. So, you should always carry supporting documents which will validate all the
information provided by you. Give concise replies to develop an impression which will augment
The students who have their roots in comparatively poor countries may find it harder to get their visa. They need to place some documents and proof to make their candidacy more concrete and firm. These five tips will help all the students who are struggling to make an impression in the interview. Before going for the interview, always arrange the documents according to the order of their importance and requirement. Don’t be late for the interview and reach always on time.
4. Case Studies
5. Term Papers and many more.
These exclusive assistance services are available in every subject taught in the tertiary level. Thousands of students have used the services of MyAssignmenthelp.com. They have procured the highest grades in the evaluation. Along with the best and impeccable quality content, MyAssignmenthelp.com is also enriched with the following amazing features. They are:
1. Timely delivery of the assignments without fail
2. A 24x7 online service portal which is available through chat and phone facilities
3. Cheapest prices in the industry with numerous discount offers
4. Authentic and genuine work every time with anti-plagiarism report on demand
5. Free revisions of the assignments till the student is contented.
Hence, if you are feeling helpless with your tough academic life, log on to MyAssignmenthelp.com. The diligent and expert service will relieve you from all academic worries.