Standard dictionary interprets ‘deductive’ word as ‘using logic or reason to form a conclusion or opinion about something.’ So you can understand ‘deductive essay’ writing is the method to state known facts, assumptions or principles and then evaluate the facts in order to arrive at conclusion. In every discipline, especially in law and humanities, students require assistance to develop examples of deductive reasoning as it is an important part of coursework.
The fundamentals of deductive essay
“When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth” — (Doyle's Sherlock Holmes in The Sign of Four)
Deductive essay writing is not demanding as it seems if you follow certain steps and guidelines. But if you struggle to write them, you can easily opt for custom essay help any time. Here we are going to discuss about the fundamentals of deductive essay writing.
- Purpose of deductive essay writing
The prior intention of deductive essay writing is to engage students in the process of using concluding reasoning (considering or two statements to reach a logically inevitable conclusion). With these examples of deductive reasoning, students gain the ability to come to a logical conclusion by using the provided information.
- Deductive reasoning process
Deductive reasoning is essential because it facilitates you to develop an underlying assumption. So you need to consider a range of diverse factors and then evaluate them against the data that you already acquire. People use it without even consciously thinking about it. Deductive essays are based on convictive reasoning that reflects the developed logic of many aspects of life. With our proficient essay help service, you can grab detailed knowledge of deductive reasoning which is the initial step to flawless essay writing.
- Pillars of deductive essay
There are three factors that control these thought provoking essays. First, there are basic facts and beliefs (premise) which draw you towards the conclusions. Then you evaluate the information (evidence) which you observe or get after analyzing the situation. Lastly, you conclude your argument by exhibiting your final analysis results based on the premise and evidence.
General Principle (Premise) – Only depressive students exhibit the following set of behavior.
Particular Instance (Evidence) – 25 percent of college freshmen exhibits this behavior.
Conclusion – Therefore, 25 percent of college students must be depressed.
The examples of deductive reasoning are scattered in our everyday life. For instance, when you see the street is wet in the morning, what do you really think of? You might assume a large water truck just passed by or possibly the water had soaked from the ground. But when you analyze the situation, you are likely to decide that it had rained. Why? Because it is your life experiences that pushed you to settle on the most logical deduction.
If you are still confused and need expert knowledge on how to develop your essay, professional writers are here to assist you to create exceptional and impeccable deductive essays.
- Practical areas of deductive reasoning
Deductive reasoning is commonly used in police work, investigation reporting and the science subjects (including medicine) law and sometimes in literary analysis
- Common argument types in deductive essay
If you want to create high-quality essays you need to have knowledge about all the arguments types.
- Propositional arguments - In this type, the question is about the manipulations of sentences by means of the words ‘if’, ‘or’ ‘and’.
- Categorical arguments - In this type, includes analysis of the set of things using the words ‘some’ ‘all’ ‘none’ (for example, some of my friends can speak English well). You can include any argument type in deductive essay writing, but if you want to know what is suitable for you, immediately take the help from professional essay writers.
How to write a good deductive essay?
Deductive essay follows the usual structure of essay writing,
- Main body
For writing a flawless scholarship essays, there are few facts that you need to keep in mind while writing:
- Tone: When you are building an essay, it should be factual and objective. Personal opinions and conjectures are not welcomed.
- Selection of topics: Try to avoid an intense emotional response. It’s hard to write something you are strongly emotional about in an objective paper. You can choose topics like Love Vs Habit or Democracy Vs Totalitarianism.
- Introduction: Your example of deductive reasoning introduction should state the problem that is being investigated along with the background of the problem.
- The first paragraph: In the first paragraph of the main body, you explain the set of premises.
- The second paragraph: In the second paragraph, you put emphasis on the evidence.
- The last paragraph: In last paragraph, you analyze the final results in order to get discerning conclusion.
- Conclusion: The conclusion should consist of restated thesis and resulting conclusion. Here you state you final position after analyzing the circumstances based on the premise and evidence. In many situations, your essay may have various potential conclusions. If you counter such situations, you should choose the best possible reason to mention in the conclusion. If you discuss all potential conclusions in your writing, your essay looses focus and has little impact on the reader.
Useful tips on deductive essay
To deliver you the most exceptional essay help in effective way, here are some expert tips that you must implement while you are writing your essay.
If you need deductive essay help on the part of premise, you can get in touch with the assignment experts, who have better understanding on the development of this specialized essay writing.
- Since these essays deals with reaching a conclusion with the help of information that has presented, make sure you have a strong thesis statement.
- Use the correct terminology to make an impact on the readers
- Write a clear and strong premise that can help you to draw a solid and accurate conclusion.
In the evidence part, you need to use all the available information to support your argument.
- You evidence should be built with three paragraphs.
- The paragraphs of deductive essay must be very clearly organized.
- On paragraph should discuss one particular issue, providing examples, details and explanations.
- The demonstrated examples must be strong and organized unless the conclusion would be far-fetched and unrealistic.
- In the conclusion part, you should demonstrate the final analysis of the situation.
- Previous three points you mentioned in three paragraphs should be tied up together in this part.
- You can conclude your writing by asking some direct questions to your readers in order to lead them into new insights.
Now, you know can comprehend what deductive essay is, the essentials of essay writing and how to write a good and engrossing essays. These are the aspects you need to remember while writing deductive essays. First let’s take an example of the topic, Love Vs Habit, in this essay writing you are not asked to write comparison between love and habit, but you have to analyze why love cannot be habit or vice versa. MyAssignmenthelp.com assigns professionals to write excellent quality deductive essay within given time limit.
Difference between expository essays and deductive essays
Expository writing examples differ substantially with those of examples of deductive reasoning. Expository essay is that specific genre that requires the student to explore, investigate and evaluate on the basis of the evidences and then set forth the conclusion in a clear and concise manner. It does not begin with a conclusion in mind. Examples of expository essays are used in journalism and various other fields. If you are writing scholarship essays following this genre, then you can refer to our expert help service for the best examples of expository essays and deductive essays.
The deductive genre in specially used in writing essays about literature where certain information are available and concrete reasoning is used to derive at the conclusion.
How MyAssignmenthelp.com can help you to write essays?
For any help with essay writing, you can get in touch with our customer support staff. The support service is available 24x7 to clear your doubts and answer your queries at any time. They will provide you scholarship essay tips as well as help you to write essays about literature. You can also reach us to get expository writing examples and other scholarship essays.
The highly qualified and experienced tutors at MyAssignmenthelp.com also provide marketing assignment help, statistics assignment help and even programming assignment help. The professional writers have expanded their expertise in law, nursing and programming languages like C++, Java, Dot net etc. You only need to undergo three simple steps in order to get high-quality assignment help, without any traces of plagiarism.
Some of the excellent features of our service are:
- 100 percent plagiarism-free essays
- Top quality work completed by PhD qualified experts
- Strictly maintaining the deadline so that the students can proofread
- Best prices among all other service providers
- 24x7 customer care support to address the queries of the students, customers and clients.
- Free modifications and rectifications on request.