APA Referencing Generator
If you are pursuing any of the sub-disciplines under behavioural or social sciences, you know the challenges of using the style of APA referencing. Our APA citation generator tool is what you need to use the ‘author-date’ style. MyAssignmenthelp.com has come up with an APA referencing generator to help you create lists and bibliographies in a matter of a few seconds.
Since the APA style format comes with a host of rules, it is normal not to be able to keep all the rules in mind. This is where our free APA referencing generator comes in. And do you know what the best part is? You can use the tool to create APA references online for Free in 6th and 7th edition format style. Read along to learn more about APA style formatting and our APA generator.
Our Free APA Reference Generator can Solve Every Academic Woe
The APA referencing generator of MyAssignmenthelp.com has been made keeping perfection in mind. Some of the best referencing app creators have dipped their hands while designing our APA reference maker. Plus, the tool is based on invaluable insights of educators and academicians in the field of behavioural and social sciences. So, it has an inbuilt library of algorithms that ensure that the results are as per the APA format guidelines.
When you use our APA 6th referencing tool, here are the benefits that you get to enjoy:
Our tool was built in complete adherence to each rule listed in the APA referencing guide. So, you can be sure to get an APA style bibliography that has the commas, capitalisations, and dates in the right place.
We have used super-fast and smooth codes to build the APA referencing generator. Therefore, our tool can save your time and energy and create references from scratch with a few minutes.
Including citations in an academic paper is the best way to avoid the plagues of unintentional plagiarism. Use our APA referencing generator to cite every source you have used and steer clear of academic piracy.
Our APA referencing generator comes with a simple interface so that you can create in-text citations with ease. If you are not familiar with the guidelines of APA referencing, our free apa referencing website is the right place to be in for ready results.
What is APA Referencing? Learn about the Latest Editions
APA format style was formulated by the American Psychological Association (APA). The style guide was developed to make it easier to comprehend papers on topics of social and behavioural sciences. The APA Publication Manual also makes it easy to trace sources and reduce bias in language.
The APA referencing system can be bifurcated into two parts – in-text citations and the list of references at the end. Since APA format referencing follows the "author-date" style, the in-text citations include the name of the author(s) along with the year of publication within (first brackets). When creating a reference, you also need to include the page number, chapter or section numbers.
Currently, most scholars use the APA 6th and 7th edition while creating references. If you cannot keep track of the altering rules, use our APA referencing generator for quicker results.
Updated APA Referencing Guidelines for 6th & 7th Edition
The APA style guidelines are modified from time to time, and currently, the APA 7th edition is in use. The differences between the other versions and the APA 6th and 7th edition referencing are:
- When creating citations for a source with three or more authors, you have to include the name of the first author only, and write et al.
- In the reference list of the APA document, you can include all the names of up to 20 authors.
- For more than 20 authors, you must give an ellipsis (...) after the 19th author and then write the final author's name in the end for APA formatting.
- You no longer have to include the place of publication in the references as per the latest edition of the APA referencing guide.
- You must provide the issue number of a journal within parentheses immediately after the volume number.
- Follow this format to mention a DOI: https://doi.org/xxxxx.
- You cannot miss out the "Retrieved from" before mentioning a URL.
If you think remembering all the minor yet significant changes is becoming too hectic for you, use our APA 6th style referencing generator for accurate results. Our APA 6th ed referencing tool works faster than a fidget spinner. You can also check out our archives for APA in-text and referencing examples.
APA Citation Guidelines: An Overview
Under the APA format, referencing can be done in the form of author-date citations or a bibliography. Here is what you need to know about writing APA citations and references.
Basics of APA in-text citations
The one thing that sets APA apart from the rest of referencing styles is that you can include brief parenthetical and narrative citations right within the text. You can mention the author’s last name only (as per the APA 6th and 7th edition) and publication year within parenthesis. But it doesn’t end here. You will also have to create a corresponding entry for the source with the complete details in the reference list.
Here is what an APA in-text citation should look like – (Brown & Charlie, 2019)
Basics of APA references
After you have cited the source briefly within the text, you need to mention the detailed bibliographic data of each of the sources in the reference list. Each entry should be made with respect to the superscript number of the footnotes and endnotes.
If you are muddled about the basic tenets of the APA citation style, you can use the APA citation generator of MyAssignmenthelp.com. Alternatively, you can use the guide below to understand how to create a bibliography or footnotes as per the APA-style referencing system.
How to Create and Format References in the APA Style?
Learn why you need an APA format and the essentials
The reason that makes using the APA referencing style so tricky is the long list of rules set in the APA guideline manual. Even if you use our instant APA reference generator for spinning results quickly, you must know the fundamental tenets of the APA referencing format.
Here are the essential elements that you must keep in mind when creating in-text references and formatted reference lists:
For an APA bibliography
- Write the word Bibliography atop the first page and centre it.
- Left align the entries.
- Use a one-inch indent after making each entry.
- Use a single-space and a blank line between two entries.
- To cite multiple works by the same author, use a 3mm dash instead of repeating the name after the first time.
- Use 12-pt font and a 2.0 pt. spacing while writing the paper.
- Make sure you mention your name and school right under the heading by aligning the text in the middle.
- Number the pages in the upper right-hand corner.
For APA in-text citations
Every APA footnote should have a superscript number that corresponds to the source details with the same number in the bibliography. When writing the citations, make sure to mention the page numbers where the reader can find the information. Start with 1 and continue accordingly throughout the paper instead of numbering each source in different pages with 1.
Yes, we get it! The restrictions of APA style formatting can be a lot to process. But all you need to do is get the basics right. To create the references, you can always fall back on our APA referencing generator. Use our APA citation generator tool to get the job done in no time at all.
How to use APA Referencing Style in Various Documents?
The APA format differs depending on the source you cite. So, the format for citing an online book would vary from that of a printed book. You can use our APA 6th ed referencing tool to cite all sources – books, magazines, journals, and newspapers.
To help you have an idea, here is all you need to know about citing different sources in the APA referencing style.
How to do APA referencing for a book?
Author's last name, first name’s starting letter. (year of publication). The title of the book. Publisher City, State: Publisher.
- When there is one author:
- Smith, D. (1999). From the Shadows: The Insider's Story of Five Presidents. New York, NY: Bloomsbury
- When there are multiple authors:
- Lawson, T. R., et al. (1993). Business Ethics: An Introduction. New York. NY: MacMillan.
How to do APA referencing for an edited book?
- The surname of the editor, first name initial. (Year of publication). Title of the book. Place of publication: Publisher.
- Example: Brent, J. (Ed.). (2014). Effortless attention. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press.
How to do APA referencing on book chapters?
- The surname of the author, first name initial. (Year of publication). Title of chapter. Title of book (pp. Page numbers). Place of publication: Publisher.
- Example: Baker, M. (1998) Psychiatric Care of Elders in Hospice Facilities. A-Z of Psychiatric Nursing (24-56). Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Press
How to do APA referencing for e-books?
- Last name of the author, First name initial. (Year of Publication). Title of the Book (E-book version). Retrieved from https://xxxx.com
- Example: Holland, W. (2018) All about technology. Retrieved from DOI: xxx
How to do APA style referencing for journals?
- The surname of the author, First name initial. (Publication Year) "Title of the article." Name of the Journal, Volume (Issue), pp.-pp.
- Example: Graham, T. (2006) “Teacher Education and Special Education” The Journal of the Teaching Division 127(13), 110-129
How to cite e-journal articles in APA style referencing?
- The surname of the author, first name initial. (Publication Year). Article title. Periodical Title, Volume (Issue), pp-pp. DOI or Retrieved from URL
- Example: James, J. (2010). E-Leadership in higher education. The British Journal of Educational Technology, 176(19), 889-915. DOI: 10.1111/bjet.12103
How to cite a website in APA format?
- The surname of the author, First name initial. (Year, the month of publication) “Title of the Article” Title of the Website. Retrieved from: Web URL
- Example: Loomis, D. (2015, January). “Is the Album Scene in the Music Industry Dead?” Retrieved from: http://www.musictoday.com/index.html
How to do APA referencing for magazines?
- The surname of the author, First name initials. (Year and month of Publication) "Title of the article." Magazine Title, Volume (Issue) pp.-pp.
- Example: Stansky, A. (2016, May) Are the Storms Getting Extreme? The National Herald, 167(13), 56-70.
- The surname of the author, First name initials. (Year and month of Publication) "Title of the article." Magazine Title, Volume (Issue) Retrieved from:
- Example: Stansky, A. (2016, May) Are the Storms Getting Extreme? The National Herald, 167(13). Retrieved from: http://www.the nationalherald.com//cxqute_r=123
How to cite a newspaper using the APA citation style?
- The surname of the author, first name initial. (Year, Month Date of Publication). Article title. Newspaper Title, pp. xx-xx.
- Example: Ross, J. (2007, May 24). The latest electronic discovery can be a significant legal weapon. The Daily, p. D5.
- The surname of the author, first name initial (Year, Month Date of Publication). Article title. Newspaper Title, Retrieved from homepage URL
- Example: Hayden, G. (2020, August 31). The Pandemic surges on: Where is the end? The New York Times, Retrieved from http://www.nytimes.com
How to do APA referencing for legislation and court cases?
- Name of first part v. Name of the second party, Volume Source Page (Court Date)
- Example: Albert v. Charlie, 354 F. Supp. 1078 (E.D. Wis. 2007)
How to do APA referencing for a patent?
- Name of the inventor or the author. (Date of Obtaining the Patent). Labelled Patent or the Application Number. Place. Office.
- Example: Waltham, D. (2003). Screwless computer drive. U.S. Patent No. x,xxx,xxx. Washington, DC: U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
How to do APA referencing for conference proceedings?
- The surname of the author, First name initial. (Year). Conference paper title. First initial of Editor. Editor Surname (Ed.), Proceedings Book Title (pp. page range of paper). Place of Publication: Publisher.
- Example: Ansel, E. (2013). Scales measuring features of small business information systems. In W. Brown (Ed.), Proceedings of Research, Relevance and Rigour (pp. 163-171). Perth, Australia: University of New South Wales.
To cite the sources as per the APA referencing style accurately, follow these formats. You can also use our APA referencing tool to do the task without any hassles.
APA 6th Edition Referencing Examples
You may have already found different APA format examples for the referencing of different sources of information. If you need more insights about APA referencing, here is a sample that you should check out.
The following sample has a title page, sample assignment page and the references list in the APA format. You can use this as a template for your next assignment if you want.
Full Title of Research Paper Student’s Name Course Name (e.g. Econ 101) Professor’s Name April 6, 2019
Full Title of Research Paper
Start your first paragraph of the research paper with an indent of 0.5 inches in the left. Refrain from using the heading “Introduction” at the beginning of the paper. The first sentence should immediately follow the title.
Incorporate the research into the content as you proceed. You can use a direct quote that "uses the original source by word for word" (author of the quotation, year of publication, page number). For the rest of the content, you can derive information from your research and put them in your own words. If you are paraphrasing the information, you should also use in-text citations for that (Author Surname, Year). If you are using information from a website that has no author, you should still cite the source (Website name, Year).
You need to list all the sources in a list format under the title “References” at the end of the paper. The References page should always be on a fresh page and must be included in every research paper or assignment.
Author Surname, Author First Initial. (Year). Title of the source. Place: Publisher Author Surname, Author First Initial. (Year). Title of the source that is available online. Retrieved from the location (Website URL or DOI)
When a single reference requires more than one line to fit, it should be indented 0.5 inches from the left from the 2nd line (as done in the sample).
The list should be arranged alphabetically. In this sample, if the author’s surnames are Martin and Tolkien, Martin would go first in the list.
How can I create accurate citations with APA Referencing Generator?
Long gone are those days when citing sources in the APA style referencing was tedious. When you can access our APA referencing generator with a few clicks, be confident of getting the perfect APA referencing format every time.
Here is a guide to using our APA reference convertor.
- Select the books, journal, magazine, etc., that you have used and save the information.
- Now, save the information and other details like the URL, ISBN, DOI, etc.
- The tool will then put the source in a proper structure as per the APA format.
- Finally, copy the reference and insert into the text's body and paste the formatted reference links into the bibliography.
Citing sources in the APA referencing style has never been easier before. Use our APA 6 reference generator right away to get rid of all the glitches. With our APA 6th ed referencing generator at your aid, you are sure to score full marks in every academic paper.
Don’t Have The Time To Cite Your Assignment? Leave It To The Experts Of MyAssignmenthelp.Com
MyAssignmenthelp.com is home to some of the finest academic experts in the whole world. If you aren’t able to finish your assignment paper or if you are struggling to conduct the citation for the paper, MyAssignmenthelp.com APA Generator can do it for you.
The experts of MyAssignmenthelp.com are familiar with all the major citation styles including APA, MLA, Oxford, Harvard, Chicago, Vancouver and many more. Moreover, these experts can work on every aspect of the task, besides citation and referencing. You get to enjoy these amazing features whenever you place an order with MyAssignmenthelp.com:
- Supreme-quality assignment with zero errors to help you achieve higher grades.
- 100% original piece of work that can make you the professor’s favourite.
- Great discounts with every order at MyAssigmmenthelp.com.
- Prompt delivery of each order without compromising with the quality.
- Proper responses from customer support team; as fast as Nadal’s groundstrokes.
- 100% confidentiality of user data, with complete security against malware.
- Free rework for unfulfilled orders so that you can enjoy value for money.
- Huge collection of free samples and blogs to boost your understanding of academic practices.
The best part to hire a referencing experts is that they don’t cost extra bucks. The services are anyway the most affordable ones in the market. Then what is stopping you now? Place your order right away and enjoy thorough support for your assignment.