Basic Understanding of the Vital Aspects of a Personal Essay
A compelling personal essay has the capacity to inspire and intrigue the readers. It also has the ability to leave the readers wanting for more. Now, in order to prepare a stellar personal essay, you need to understand the various aspects of this type of paper. You need to present a fitting topic for the personal essay. This way, you will be ready when it is time to sit down and put your essay together.
Preparing the essay is not very different from playing with the legos. You can compose the essay by exploring your experiences or memories, putting them into a broader context. Now, let’s enlighten you further on the different aspects of presenting an excellent personal essay.
What is a Personal Essay?
A personal essay is a work of autobiographical nonfiction. It involves a sense of intimacy and a conversational approach. A personal essay can be a personal narrative where the author writes about a personal incident. It could also be an experience that offers significant personal meaning or lessons. In fact, it can be a personal opinion about some pertinent issue that’s relevant to the writer or the society as a whole.
Basic Structure of a Personal Essay
Before getting down to write your personal essay paper, it’s vital to have clarity regarding the structure and composition of the essay. Essentially, the essay can be three to five paragraphs long. However, it can be longer depending on the requirements of your academic institution. Presented below is a clear structure of a personal essay.
Begin your personal essay with an intriguing sentence that instantly captures the attention of your readers. Include the thesis statement at the end of the introductory paragraph.
This section carries all the vital information about your topic. Each of the main body paragraphs comes with a topic sentence, which ties back to the main argument or thesis statement of the paper.
Wind up your essay with a final paragraph that briefly states the points you have made throughout the paper. Do not forget to include your final opinion. This is where you should present the lessons or insights that you have gathered. Also, the conclusion should tie back to the introductory section.
How to Write a Personal Essay
Personal essay allows the students to weave their experiences or events that they have encountered into the broader context. Even though the essay type of essay might seem simple, other types of essays can involve many intricacies. Presented below are some tips to master this type of essay.
An intriguing angle can do the trick
Your life may not be filled with exciting stories or drama, but that’s fine. You can still make your personal essay appealing to your reader. You see, it’s all in the angle you choose. You should try to decode an intriguing or unique take on the experience or moment in your life. Pondering over your experience from a particular angle can turn it into a meaningful subject matter for your paper.
Focus on the “personal” in a personal essay
Don’t just focus your entire essay around the life of your favourite and most accomplished person in your life. Instead, focus on how that individual has influenced you and your life decisions. Similarly, a detailed description of your favourite community service trip is unnecessary. However, rather convey what you learned from that trip and how it has altered your worldview. This is one instance when it is alright to be a little self-centred. Remember, that the objective of the essay is to provide more insights about the writer.
The best essay topics are often indelibly relatable. Even though the story itself is unique to the writer’s experience, there is some universal truth that remains constant. Topics like getting over an obstacle, facing a fear, discovering something new, or facing a difficult choice or events, are common in everyone's life. So, writing about them would be relatable for the readers.
Focus on a specific event that prompted an emotional response
You can explore specific events in your life that left a profound impression on you. Often, personal essays present the opportunity to reflect on an event that occurred in your life and altered it in some way. Think of an incident or a situation that is unique and personal to you.
Write from a unique perspective
While writing a personal essay, you have the freedom to use a unique voice or perspective. Like other defined genres of writing, personal essays are often more successful when the writer uses a stance that entertains and informs the reader. This means using syntax, vocabulary, and the right tone to present an engaging narrative.
Top Personal Essay Topics
Finding a personal essay topic is as crucial to the process as any other step. Now, it isn’t unnatural for students to have difficulty in selecting a suitable topic. To make the process a little simple, we have provided you with a list of intriguing personal essay topics.
- Elaborate on an instance when you successfully altered a person’s point of view.
- Describe an instance where you had to make a tough decision. Also, elaborate on how the decision has influenced your life.
- Discuss one social issue that you feel strongly about. Provide your insight with a specific incident.
- Elaborate on the time when you found something valuable by accident.
- What is your most prized possession? What makes it special?
- What would you consider to be the most special or unique skill that sets you apart from everyone else?
- Talk about one particular scientific invention that has affected our lives negatively. Provide valid reasons.
- If you had a choice between taking risks and playing safe, which one would you choose? Elaborate on a situation where you’ve had to face this choice.
- Talk about a movie, a piece of music or a book that changed your worldview.
- Describe a situation where you felt immense pride.
- If you were to invent something, what would it be? State concrete reasons.
- Talk about an inspiring family story. Describe how the story has influenced you.
- Describe a visit to your favourite destination and the impact it had left on your mind.
- Talk about a wrong choice you made and its repercussions.
- Elaborate on a fictional character that resembles you in many ways.
- An event or a situation that taught you the importance of having gratitude.
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? Present solid reasons.
- When was the last time you needed a hug? Reflect on the situation.
- Talk about a specific corner of your home that you love spending time in.
- When was the last time you stepped out of your comfort zone? Provide details of the situation.
Here are the Reasons to Choose MyAssignmenthelp.com to help you with your Personal Essay
When you get down to write a remarkable personal essay paper, you need to consider many aspects. More often than not, students may not be acquainted with all the aspects that help in putting together a successful personal essay. To deal with issues like this, hiring the experts of MyAssignmenthelp.com is a great idea.
Our services are designed to provide customised solutions for students. Our experts are diligent about following the instructions provided by the students. Our experts are also familiar with various academic conventions. So, the papers turn out thoroughly customised and well-structured.
Hiring our services will allow you to submit your personal essay paper on time. Our academic essay help experts are used to strict deadlines for each of your academic paper. In fact, they have a record for producing every task before the deadline.
The pricing structure of our services is also quite appealing. We charge reasonably for the convenience of the students. We offer an attractive discount when you place an order for the first time. We also have an incredible “refer and earn policy.” Get in touch with us now and make the most of our services.