Good Assignment Writing Tips
Assignment writing is the most common practice in colleges and universities. It is not surprising that students feel apprehensive when faced with their first writing assignment. Assignment writing tips help to come up with excellent narrative essay, structured report, case study, dissertation, reflective essay, journal and book reviews. Each of our assignment writing tips has its own distinct characteristics.
It is difficult to find comprehensive assignment writing tips that are clear and simple. However, MyAssignmenthelp.com presents some uncomplicated straightforward assignment writing tips that will help you prepare an assignment.
Features of a Good Assignment
Well-written assignments are not produced overnight; you need assignment writing tips to come up with good assignment. Here we are going to discuss the stages of assignment writing along with useful assignment writing tips that can be implemented in your work.
Our assignment writing tips focus on the following features of a good assignment:
- A good assignment correctly interprets the assignment purpose.
- Puts forward a well thought argument and line of reasoning rather than merely reproducing information from the source material.
- Treats the topic in sufficient depth with evidence of thorough research.
- Demonstrates understanding of essential principles, theories and concepts and builds these into the discussion.
- Maintains focus, keeping relevance to the question.
- Express ideas clearly, should be free of clumsy or awkward phrasing and errors in spelling, grammar and vocabulary.
- Provides references for source material in the required referencing style.
- Keeps to the word limit, without being substantially under or over.
- Demonstrates an interest in and enthusiasm for the topic.
To reach these above criteria, you need to implement these following assignment writing tips.
Effective Assignment Writing Tips
Step 1 Planning and Pre-assignment writing tips
Assignment writing tips on planning involves researching the topic, deciding what information to include, putting ideas together, then back to more research. Our assignment writing tips include the following:
- Focus on the task by drawing up a timeline for the essential stages.
- Be realistic to make sure how long things take.
- You can save time by thinking about the assignments as soon as you receive your course information.
- Keep topics in mind as you attend lectures and tutorials and do background reading.
Step 2 Collecting information
When you start gathering material for your assignments, you should refer to your lecture and tutorials notes, course materials and our assignment writing tips. Assignment writing tips on information collection involves finding information, reading and taking notes, grouping, sorting information and developing an outline.
- Take a library tour or seek a one-on-one tutorial.
- Use only authoritative sources from reputable authors and publishers such as universities, government departments or corporations.
- Try to refer articles rather than textbooks. Textbooks are good for the general overview, but articles offer focused and up-to-date view on the subject.
- Identify a relevant current journal articles on your topic and find further resources from its reference list.
- Determine how many sources must be included. If you are not sure about it, implement our assignment writing tips.
Step 3 Reading and making notes
Our assignment writing tips are useful in making notes. Direct reading helps you to be more productive. The following are some general assignment writing tips for managing your reading load and making notes:
- Sort out the books according to your needs and read for background as time allows.
- Before you start reading a book, get the big picture; review the table of contents and chapters.
- First understand what the author means by the lines you are reading. Do not proceed with the reading unless you understand the overview.
- Avoid taking blocks of texts. Summarize the idea in your own words and make sure that you keep the meaning intact.
- Carefully note down all reference details, including publisher, place of publication etc. This will help you to track the sources quickly.
Step 4 Developing a thesis statement
As directed in our assignment writing tips, mention the thesis statement of the assignment. Our assignment writing tips on thesis statement are:
- Write one or two sentences that capture the assignment’s central proposition and form part of the introduction.
- As you introduce ideas in your discussion, check if it relates to your thesis statement.
Step 5 Writing the introduction
Your introduction should lead the reader into the discussion, setting the tone for what follows. Evaluate our assignment writing tips to compose the first draft.
- Introduction should be concise, without any background information.
- It should clearly state what the assignment is about.
- It should inform the readers why it is important or interesting.
- It gives an indication what are the scopes of the discussion.
- It should be no more than one-tenth (10 percent) of the overall word count. In short assignment (around 500 – 800 words), the introduction should be one paragraph long. If the assignment is longer, (1500 words or more) introduction should be one or two paragraphs long.
Step 6 Writing the discussion
If you have already arranged the points or taken notes, it will become easy to build a cohesive discussion. Here is few assignment writing tips that you can employ in writing the discussion.
- All content should be interrelated to each other and support the central argument.
- The discussion should follow a logical order of the nature of the topic.
- The discussions should be written in a manner that the readers are able to follow them.
Step 7 Writing the conclusion
Our assignment writing tips emphasize on conclusion same as introduction. Conclusion should be concise one or two paragraphs. It should be one-tenth of the overall word count. Here are few assignment writing tips highlighting conclusion.
- Conclusion briefly summarizes the major discussion points.
- It provides finality to the discussion, drawing the essay to a close.
- Your conclusion should not include information not covered in the discussion
Step 8 Referencing
Our assignment writing tips emphasize on citation of each sources mentioned in your assignment. It is important that you acknowledge the authors and their ideas from where you have taken ideas or concepts. Referencing system is the most acceptable way to cite your sources. You will be greatly benefitted by the following assignment writing tips:
- Make sure you follow popular referencing system (like Harvard, APA, MLA, etc.).
- Make sure you follow the same referencing style throughout the content, either mentioning your citations in the bibliography or citing the work from other sources within the text.
With our assignment writing tips, you are now well-aware to initiate the assignment and conclude it correctly. If you need assignment writing tips, put forward your queries to our expert assignment writers any time. Remember, good assignments require drafting through several stages, failing on which, the structure of assignment will distort.
Assignment Writing Tips by MyAssignmenthelp.com
MyAssignmenthelp.com boasts a team of assignment experts who assist students to gain a better understanding of subjects with their assignment writing tips. Our assignment writing tips are offered to ensure content without grammatical errors, factual goof-ups or plagiarism. Our assignment experts maintain a high standard of academic language. Our assignment experts offer virtuous assignment writing tips besides online homework help, essay writing, online assignment help etc. Our assignment writers are trained to deliver the work within given time limit. Get assignment writing tips through our 24x7 customer support system via phone, e-mail or chat.