The canvas of the English literature is too vast to be able to summarize in few words. Thus, writing an English dissertation is too big a task to be handled by students like.
- Are in search of someone who could help you out with your English dissertation?
- Do you want any professional to do your English dissertation writing?
Let’s comprehend the basics about English dissertation that mostly disturbs students like you.
What is Main Purpose of English Dissertation writing?
The main purpose of an English dissertation is delved deeper into the themes and concepts that surround English literature. Further these ideas are conceptualized through the various factors like cultural or political movements that were instrumental in influencing the literature. Literature is the reflection of array ideas that influenced writers, novelist, poets, and dramatics and so on. These influences may be purely academic like the philosophical or psychological or sociological influences or it may be the religious inclination of the writers.
English dissertation could be about anything but make sure that topic you choose in intriguing and interesting to you else it would become difficult for you to research on it extensively.
In the next section we would concentrate on how to narrow down this vast arena of English literature into a precise research topic.
How to choose an English dissertation topic?
Broadly we can categorize English literature into various ages in order to have comprehensive glimpse of the evolution of English literature. So we would go through all the ages, their influences and some of the potential topics that could be extracted from them.
The history English literature is divided into following segregation:
- Old English literature (450-1066)
The inception of old English literature could be traced back to the settlement of the Anglo-Saxons (Germanic tribes- Saxons, jutes and angles) in England. Every tribe has its own sets of influences that transformed English and also enrich the essence of the language. The literature also gets influenced and the reflection is evident on the works that belong to the age of old English.
Anglo-Saxon age encompasses array of genres like epic poetries, legal works, riddles, chronology and Biblical translations. Beowulf is the most prominent work that managed to survive till date. The authors of that era were mainly anonymous. Only four authors are known by their names and their works are also recognized.
Following could the proposed topic on this era:
- Morality is the driving force in Beowulf like any other heroic folklore.
- A comparative analysis between the heroic heroes- Beowulf, Hercules and Perseus.
- Middle English (1066- 1500)
The influential themes and ideas that reined the English writing in this era mainly hailed from French and Celtic literature. The most celebrated name was Geoffrey Chaucer. His contributions in introducing the iambic pentameter line and the rhyming couplets were significant. Some of his momentous works are “Troilus and Criseyde” and “The Canterbury tales”. Other than Chaucer no noticeable writers peeped in this age because majority of the works are by anonymous.
So the questions that might be formulated for this age would be:
- The influence of symbolism in the middle ages literature.
- French influence on Chaucer
- Canterbury Tales and medieval rhetoric
- A comparative study on the seven deadly sins and one of The Canterbury Tales
- Masculinity in the fourteenth century
- Analysis of the idea of “quitting” in The Canterbury Tales.
- English renaissance (1500-1660)
Renaissance is a French word that means “rebirth”. This era witnessed an array of transformations that changed the perspective of the world forever. The most prominent change was evident was the acceptance of science which had immense influence in the literary works of the imminent writers of that age. The major influences were the ideas of renaissance in the field of art, politics and religion. Greek and roman literature also heavily influenced the writers of this era.
This age has given birth to some profound writers that are bound to admire forever. Names like Sir Philip Spencer, Christopher Marlow, William Shakespeare, John Donne, John Lyly and Thomas Kyd are associated with this age.
This age is further classified into following
- Elizabethan period (1558-1603)
- Jacobean period (1603-1625)
- Late Renaissance (1625-1660)
Thus the research topics or questions that can be extracted from this age are:
- A comparative study on the similarities of Milton and Bible.
- William Wordsworth and his perception of nature from the prism of his poetical imagination.
- An analytical study of the Shakespearean drama and the involvement of murder, ambience and politics.
- A comparative study of the geographical imagination on the love and loss in the poetries of John Donne
- Restoration Period (1660-1700)
The main aspect that distinguishes this age from other ages is the dominating influence of politics on literature. This is also called the age of Dryden as his contribution dominated this whole age. His satire and realistic approach was marvelous and his heroic couplets were spell-bounding. This age is etched in the history as the age of realism and also for its dry humor. Comedy of manners is the invention of this era which openly criticized the elites of the society and their mannerisms in a comic fashion. John Bunyan was another author who marked his presence with his work The Pilgrim’s Progress.
- An analytical study of the comedy of mannerism in perspective of the works of Dryden.
- Augustan literature (1700-1750)
Augustan age is also known as Neoclassical Age and the age of realism. The major poets of the age were Alexander Pope and John Dryden and major prose writers Jonathan Swift and Joseph Addison. Dryden was the connection between the restoration and Augustan period. His verse satires were highly appreciated by the poets who succeeded him. The tone of the age was dominated by the wit and intellectual conceits. In the eighteenth century satire and parody were unrestricted popularized because prior to that there were fears of defamation. The philosophy of empiricism was pioneered and mustered by John Locke which is clearly evident in his celebrated mock-heroic narrative poem, Rape of the Lock.
- Women as the central character in “The Rape of Lock”.
- The role of “gnomes” and “spirits” in “The Rape of Lock”
- Age of sensibility (1750-1798)
This age is interlinks the Augustan age and romantic age. In this age the writers, authors and poets concentrated on the emotional and intellectual quotient in their writing. These writings were intended to invoke emotions and get reaction on the distress or tenderness of the character in the readers. Sometimes they ignored the significance of flow of action and the plot in their writings. Some of the eminent writers were Oliver goldsmith, and Richard Brinsky Sheridan. Another major on this age was the French Revolution that dramatically changed the writing style of this age.
- The spontaneity in the writing of the romantic age.
- Analysis o the themes of supernatural and emotion in the writing of the romantic age
- Romanticism (1798-1837)
Romanticism is a movement that witnessed the transformation of the artistic styles and practices particularly in paintings, music, and literature. Romanticism focused on the emotional and imaginative inspiration and improvisation. The writers in this age were more concerned with religion and nature and their relation. The poets immersed their writings in the description of the pristine nature and its beauty, and condemned the growing ugliness due to industrialization.
Major romantic writers were William Blake, William Wordsworth, Samuel Taylor Coleridge, Charles Lamb, john Keats and Percy Bysshe Shelly.
- Analysis of the “homelessness” in the romantic literature.
- The portrayal of mother-daughter relation during the romantic age.
- Victorian age (1837-1901)
Victorian age is the age that witnessed the exponential growth of the industrialism. This industrialism had transformed the social matrix which benefitted the middle class but adversely affected the lower class. This drastic change compelled the literary people to ponder upon and the writings of Dickens and Hardy were highly saturated with such evidences.
Apart from them the prominent writers were William Makepeace Thackeray, Emily Brontes Robert browning, Alfred Lord Tennyson, and Rudyard Kipling.
- An analytical study of the themes of love and loss in the poetries of Thomas Hardy
- A comparative study on the theme of love in the poetries of Robert and Elizabeth Barrett Browning.
- The symbolic significance of the costumes in the works of Dickens.
- Rustics: an undercurrent theme of Victorian age
- Political influence on the works of Victorian era
- Modernism (1901-1922)
With the inception of the 20th century it was considered as the Modern era. The canvas of its extent is huge, dynamic and diverse. There were many writers emerged in this that were influenced by a diverse range of events that happened in and around the writers. With the advancement of science and technology people were growing conscious of the accuracy of what they were reading. Both the world wars shook the grounds of humanity which largely reflected in the writings of that era. The impactful writers were D.H. Lawrence, E.E. Cummings, Ernest Hemingway, Ezra Pound, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Gertrude Stein, James Joyce, John Steinbeck, Joseph Conra, Samuel Beckett, Sylvia Plath, T.S. Eliot, Virginia Woolf, William Butler Yeats, and William Faulkner.
Simple steps involved in writing a dissertation
- Search a research topic.
- Formulate a research question.
- Writing a dissertation proposal.
- Start researching for the dissertation.
- Decide on the best suitable methodology.
- Formulating a hypothesis.
- Finally, writing the dissertation.
Just the way you delved into the various ages and eras, through which the English literature evolved, we need to further delve into specific topic that you have finally decided. Only in this way you will be able to carry out all the steps in that are mentioned above to complete a dissertation.
Structure of a dissertation
The understanding of the structure of the dissertation is very important while writing the dissertation. Let’s focus on every aspect of the structure of the English dissertation.
Abstract is the brief description of the overall dissertation. It basically encapsulates the core idea of the dissertation. Brevity of words is the key to a crisp and succinct abstract that would act as the summary of the whole of the dissertation. Abstract should outline the purpose of the research and explain the importance of the dissertation.
In the acknowledgement page you thank all those people who provide help and support to let you complete the dissertation successfully. Some acknowledgments are small and are focused at thanking only a handful people. On the other hand there are acknowledgements that can continue to two or may be more pages. Acknowledgements are not compulsory but it provides you the opportunity to be thankful of those people who have been instrumental in the successful accomplishment of your dissertation.
Introduction again is a summary of the dissertation however it is an elaborated version of the abstract. As the name suggest the introduction is significant because it introduces the dissertation. It also helps to establish the context of the research. In the introduction the problem statement (that is under consideration) for the research is included. It clearly states the research objective. It presents a clear and well defined outline of the dissertation.
- Literature Review
Literature review provides a comprehensive and all-encompassing foundation for the dissertation.
Methodology is designed to the course through the study is carried out. A good methodology is that incorporates various subheads that explain the various aspects in details. These subheads should explain the philosophy of the research.
- Results and Analysis
This section states the result that is derived by the methodology section. The result section clearly articulates all the raw data derived in the course of the research and does not ponder upon any interpretation.
Discussion section includes the detailed discussion of the research results in the context of the literature review. The discussion analyses whether the hypothesis stated at the being of the research have been met or not. All the evidences are analyzed and interpreted on the basis of the literature review and the methodology.
In this section the whole research is summarized and states all the main findings of the research. It also tries to highlight the contribution of the research in particular field of study it was conducted. Drawbacks and future recommendation are also included in this section.
In the appendices section al the questionnaires, graphs, tables and other statistical representations are included.
General tips to Remember while Writing an English Dissertation
- Your research should be extensive but you should where to stop.
- Create a timeline that you would religiously follow to timely complete your dissertation.
- Start writing early. It is better to start early so that you will be able make changes if required after the completion of your dissertation.
- Dissertation cannot be written in a flow. It cannot follow the pattern of first sentence first and last sentence last.
- The moment you start making notes for your dissertation, you have actually laid the first step of writing your dissertation. Thus makes notes in such a manner that it simplifies your vision on paper.
- Focus on your aim and theme that are to be incorporated in your dissertation.
- While making notes, you should follow your natural style of writing later while writing dissertation you can easily change it to fit the academic style of writing.
- Constantly refer to you timeline and the planning schedule.
- Pin point the questions that your dissertation is aimed to answer.
- Always concentrate on answering the questions. The main aim of the dissertation is t answer the questions. If your dissertation fails to answer the question then it fails the ultimate aim of English dissertation writing.
- Understand the intricacies of the structure of the dissertation.
- Abiding by the structure is as important as the research or the content.
- Reference is very important.
Signs of a good English dissertation
- A good English dissertation should be reflective of your comprehension of the topic you are dealing with.
- The implications of the dissertation should be clearly considered and explored.
- An extensive and in-depth evidence of the research and textual reference. This would testify your foundation of the dissertation.
- Comprehensive analysis of the range of literary references used to build the dissertation.
English Dissertation writing style
A fine quality of a dissertation is determined by the following parameters:
- Use of formal language.
- Well organized and logical.
- Referred to secondary sources.
- Completely referenced.
- Strong analysis.
- Distinct comparison and contrast.
- Definitive description.
- Balanced arguments.
- Well structured.
We are a proud team of 3000+ experts. “Proud” because we can proudly claim that our experts are well rounded in all the subjects. Our experts have the capability to delivery dissertations from scratch. Our Proofreading's best dissertation editors have the potential to proofread and edit any kind of dissertation and let your achieve higher grades.
- Our English dissertation writers are PhD scholars who have attained great expertise in their respective fields and now have joined hands with us in an effort to guide you through your dissertation.
- Our English dissertation writers are learned people who have in depth and extensive knowledge about the subjects and thus are aptly equipped to provide solutions according to your needs.
- Our English dissertation writers have cognizance to understand the intricacies of your dissertation and edit your dissertation as per the requirements.
- Our English dissertation writers are experienced and talented writers and editors who know how to formulate a well structured dissertation accommodating all the relevant facts and figures available regarding a particular topic.
- Our English dissertation writers are competent enough to analyze and organize facts in a coherent format.
- Our English dissertation writers are proficient writers and have lucid style of writing and have the ability to adapt any style of writing that is required for the completion for the dissertation.
The Array of Subjects Covered by our Dissertation Experts
We have a squad of experts who are proficient in dissertations is a variety of subjects. They are experienced writers who can effectively deal with all sorts of subjects with equal ease and expertise. Our experts our equipped to proofread any dissertation based on any subject with equal precision and eloquence. Get your dissertation proofread by the experts.
The main heads under which the categorization of the subjects are made:
- Political science
- Management Studies
- Criminal justices
- Computer science
- Business management
What are the others services we provide?
We are experts at providing highly quality assignment writing services. Our experts can write an on any subject or topic from scratch. Our experts are masters of writing all kind of assignments. Broadly our services are segregated into following types:
- Business report: the business reports needs the understanding of the market and the issues related to it and develop a report according to the facts and figure available regarding the topic. We have handpicked some of the talented experts who have been in various industries. They have accumulated extensive knowledge about the industries. They are competent enough to write comprehensive business reports on any company across that planet.
- Essay: essays are a form of writing which demands fluid style of writing and wide range of knowledge of the subject. An essay is an analysis, and critical evaluation of topic. The main aim of an essay is to identify, illustrate, interpret or justify the core issue of a topic. Our experts have excellent analytical skill that helps them to write exemplary essays in any topic under the sun.
- Reflective Journals: reflective journals are notes of the students prepared on a particular subject to track their development on their course. Based on the entries a reflective essay has to be developed which encapsulate the analysis and insight of the student about the subject. The main purpose of a reflective essay is to indicate the development and progression of the ideas formulated by the student in due course of time. Our experts can write finest and exquisite reflective essays based on the requirements of the student.
- Literature review: literature review is an account of the scholarly papers that helps in creating the theoretical foundation on which a particular topic is developed. It requires massive amount of research. It critically evaluates and analyzes previous research papers. It helps the readers to comprehend the purpose of your research. It acts as the foundation that helps understand the reader the reasons behind choosing a particular topic for research. Our experts have the potential to weave in literature reviews in any subject with equal expertise and ease.
- Presentation: a presentation is basically the mode of communication for tour thoughts and ideas to be delivered in front of an audience. A presentation requires a skill to interact with your audience. This needs a written material that would incorporate all the relevant information in small capsule that adhere to a nature flow of information. Presentations are generally prepared in power point presentation in Microsoft. Our experts are proficient in making presentations that are easy to present.
The Primary Features of our Services by our Professional Dissertation Editor
- 100% satisfaction
The primary focus of our experts is on your 100% satisfaction. Our experts are hell bent to provide you with the best services so that you are compelled to come back to time and again. Our experts make sure that all your requirements are met and the dissertation that you receive is apt to get you much higher grades. Our experts work hard to satisfy your needs regarding your dissertation.
- 100% Superior Quality
The primary focus of our experts while writing the assignment is aimed at the quality of the assignment. Our experts efficiently weave in the assignments so that they can satisfy their students and their requirements while maintaining superior quality of the work done. Providing Superior quality of work is a second instinct to our experts. Our experts in MyAssignmenthelp.com thrive to excel their own standard of superior quality of dissertation writing.
- 100% customization
Our experts put a great amount of effort to make your assignment exactly what you want. Meeting all the requirements is just the first of that process. We ensure that your dissertation is free of all the minor mistakes that matters at the time of the assessment by your professors.
- 100% plagiarism free
Our experts make sure that all your assignments are original and unique. We ensure that all the assignments are genuine by testing them with a anti-plagiarism software called Turnitin.
- 100% affordability
We are popular among the students for the superior quality of the assignments we provider. We are also well known for the affordable prices that we offer to our students.
- 100% 24*7 help desk assistance
Our helpdesk is open 24*7 to answer all your queries. Feel free to contact us any time of the day.
So what are you waiting for? Register your requirements of your English dissertation with us and get relaxed. Our experts will completely serve your English dissertation writing on plate.
Don’t miss to check for the daily discount offers. Hurry!
"Excellent writing, no negatives to comm...
"Excellent writing, no negatives to comment. Completely satisfied by the end product. Such a wonderful and useful website"
Jack Hughes Australia
"Overall the final report is good, But m...
"Overall the final report is good, But my course teacher was quiet unhappy that there was no case studies explained in the final report. So, could you please add and explain one or two case studies into the final report related to the topic which you have done and after adding the case study into the final report. Please can you send it as a whole of final report as early as possible.thank you"
Tom Katt USA
"Best service provided. On time, ill use...
"Best service provided. On time, ill use their service again, much appreciated, before deadline they finished my assignment."
Hussein Ali USA
"Your service is good i like ur assignme...
"Your service is good i like ur assignment assistance ,,,,, you are doing great job you help specially students, but your charges is very high,, please give better offers for students."
"The solution of my assignment is too go...
"The solution of my assignment is too good and thanks for the team of Myassignmenthelp. i am really thanks for help me and gave me a assignment assistance within good quality. i would be contact again if i face any problem in future. thanx for the help"