Have you ever tried to know the reason behind the rise and fall of stock markets? Financial economics is the subject that can educate you regarding economic terms like portfolio or hedge fund. Specifically, Macro-Investment Analysis is a part of financial economics helping you to achieve a better understanding of the subject. If you want to make better financial decisions in your life, it is imperative for you to learn the discipline of financial economics. Here, you can learn everything required to make better financial decisions in your life.
What Is Financial Economics?
Financial economics is a branch of economics dealing with the demand and distribution of resources in the market. The decisions made are generally under a cognitive state leading to poor choices in the interest of a business. So, while making financial decisions, it is imperative for you to consider future events. The decisions can either be made by individual stocks or by any dynamic group competing in the market. Thus, financial economics possesses specialization in matters related to the exchange of capital is appearing on both sides of the trade.
Moreover, the concept of financial economics revolves around two fundamental principles at the time of making a crucial decision. These two principles can be determined as risky outcomes and the occurrence of decisions and outcomes at different times. Thus, financial economists differ from other traditional economists concerning their monetary actions. The four factors playing a crucial role in determining monetary actions are time, uncertainty, options, and information. Therefore, the concept of financial economics plays a significant role in stock markets and other areas like insurance and saving.
What Are the Most Important Concepts in Financial Economics?
5 Key Concepts of Financial Economics
It doesn't matter whether you 18 or 80, understanding these 5 key concepts can benefit you to be a better consumer. The concepts of financial economics are given as follows:
- Discount: It has been observed that the method of decision making has distinctively evolved. For instance, the value of $ in the current market is contrary to the value of $ that was 10 years ago. The factor playing a pivotal role in boosting the value of $ from the past 10 years is "Discount". As discount accounts for factors like risk, inflation and estimates future market conditions, there is no room for error. In case of a mistake, it can lead to adversities like underfunded pension schemes affecting an entire economy.
- Variable risk management: The first law of investing in the stock market reminds potential buyers that the value of investments can either rise or fall. Despite the risks of investing in the stock market, it is possible for you to earn high profits on an average investment. Thus, to minimize the risk in an investment, marketers are continually developing ways to enhance the risk management method.
- Profit equation: The concept of profit equation plays a significant role in the subject of both finance and economics. In the subject of economics, the theory of profit equation helps you to deal with the public good. While it might appear as devouring, the idea of profit possesses a strong significance in both finance and economics. The general formula to determine the profit of a business can be given as follows:
Profit = Revenue - Expenses
- Supply and Demand: This helps you to understand the variation in the prices of commodities you buy after standing for hours in a tiring line. After learning this concept, you can conclude that the price of a commodity rises with the increase in demand for it. This helps the manufacturer to earn more profits by producing the products having higher demand in the market. After reaching a point as high as the sky, the price of the product drops again. Thus, a better understanding of the Supply and Demand curve can help you to make profitable decisions.
- Opportunity cost: In the subject of economics, an opportunity cost is nothing but the sacrifice of your best alternative over another opportunity. Suppose you write for 8 hours per day to become a successful writer but, got a job offer from a reputed organization. Say, you accepted the job offer leaving your writing behind. Therefore, the opportunity that you gave up on to start your job is your opportunity cost. Understanding this concept will help you in realizing the worth of opportunities.
What Are the Best Financial/Economic Thrillers?
8 Top Rated Financial Thrillers
- Not a penny more, not a penny less
How Is Financial Economics Different from Quantitative Finance?
Financial economics is considered as the prevailing foundation contributing to the supply and demand of resources in the market. It is a subset of microeconomics dealing with financial situations and contributing to the profits of an economic foundation. To earn maximum profits, the decisions can either be made by an individual or a group of marketers. Thus, financial economics strongly depends on microeconomics and the concepts of basic accounting. It is also imperative for you to gain the basic knowledge of probability and statistics used to evaluate risk.
On the contrary to this, quantitative finance is known to be a brief industry application regarding the subject of econometrics. It also engages in mathematical modeling due to its quantitative nature and full application in the market. Thus, the subject of quantitative economics provides us with a better idea to make maximum profits.
Thus, it can be concluded that Financial Economics is broadening of a term, whereas, Quantitative Economics is way more specific.
What Is the Difference Between Core Economics and Financial Economics?
In the subject of core economics, the core is a set of possible distributions resistant to a coalition of marketers. Allocation of resources in any area of the economy is said to have core property regardless of the alliance of marketers. Therefore, core economics is considered collectively to be a set of overall distributions possessing the core property.
It is the branch of economics which monitors the movement of financial activities where capital invested appears on sides of a trade. The area of primary focus in financial economics is to improve the relation of economic variables like interest rates, prices, etc. The concept of financial economics works majorly on two principles, i.e., pricing of asset and corporate finance.
Which Is Better: General Economics or Financial Economics?
While studying general economics, you need to get into the different categories of it given as, Macroeconomics and Microeconomics. The general classification of the subject has an extensive syllabus regarding various aspects of economics. It educates you with all the terms that need to be considered while investing in the market as well as doing business.
On the other hand, financial economics provides with a set of instructions needed to monitor the financial activities. It helps the investors to familiarize with both sides of the trade to ensure a better understanding of the subject. Therefore, the concept of financial economics has two major components namely: risky outcomes and decisions and outcomes at different times.
Therefore, when it comes to comparing the two, it can be undoubtedly concluded that financial economics is better than general economics.
Unmatched Services of Myassignmenthelp.com Benefitting Students
The growing popularity of financial economics among various universities worldwide has contributed to the weight of the subject in academic curricula. It is also essential for universities to include the subject in their educational program to spread awareness among the students. But, the addition of subjects like this in the academic curriculum, only contributes to the increasing burden on student's shoulders. How many times do you feel overwhelmed by this thought? Quitely often, right? Well, you don't need to worry anymore as you can seek expert assistance at the comfort of your home.
Myassignmenthelp.com is that assistance that can pull you out of your adversities and help you score higher grades. Thus, catering successfully to the needs of students from the past decade; myassignmenthelp.com is well acquainted with the stringent guidelines followed by some top universities promising you higher grades. How often do you experience the stress soaking the life out of you? You can beat the stress and achieve higher grades securing your academic future and leaving a strong impression on your college professor. The experts associated with myassignmenthelp.com are highly educated and experienced in financial economics promising you higher grades.
Moreover, we have a team of 24*7 available customer support executives working day and night to deliver you satisfactory results. Our customer support team considers every minute details regarding your requirement to ensure you 100% customer satisfaction. They move heaven and earth to ensure you a promising assignment and delighting you with our services. The primary reason for the popularity of our website is the extensive range of services that we provide.
Also, we benefit students with a wide variety of free services. Among our free services, few of them are free plagiarism check, free amendments in your assignment, free unlimited revisions, etc. All you need to do is to upload your assignment on myassignmenthelp.com and experience our unmatched services to secure a better future.
Most Popular Questions Searched By Students:
Q.1. What is financial economics?
Ans: Financial economics is considered to be a branch of economics that helps in the analysis and proper distribution of the resources in different markets in which the decisions can be made under high levels of uncertainty.
Q.2. What are managerial economics and financial analysis?
Ans: Managerial economics can be defined as the study that is based on human activities on the national and the individual level as well. Whereas, Managerial economics is also an important part of the microeconomics and is able to deal with individual or the micro-enterprises. The concept of managerial economics is based on the ways by which different theories including, Price Theory, Theories of market structure and many more.
Q.3. What is a financial economics major?
Ans: Financial economics is a branch of economics that helps in the analysis of the proper usage of the economic resources in the different markets in which decisions are made by individuals. The different careers that are considered as a part of financial economics are investment banking, financial regulations and corporate financial management.